Mr Warburton "I'm happy with the performance"

1ClubMan72

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Maybe the wrong person was sent home last week.  Maybe it should have been Warburton sat at home dialling in to radio stations to explain his point of view and Barton left to galvanise the team for the game today.

Now there's a thought.....Barton as player manager..........Did I just suggest that?   The results are bad - yes bad by our traditions and standards ......but that idea would be so off the wall.  Or would it?   Maybe a bit less 'all in it together' Warburton mentality and a bit more 'I'll tell you which way is up and what you need to do' mentality (arse kicking by another name) might pay some dividends.

I'm not serious of course.

This ran through my mind, Barton maybe had better ideas, maybe he was frustrated that things weren't being changed, who knows? We lose against the sheep and the lynch mob will be out for someone's head.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just in. 2nd half was pretty good, really unlucky to not have scored at least one. Great to have Halliday and Holt back in the midfield, they are much more dynamic.  I thought County offered nothing, time wasting from the first minute but they set out their stall and stuck to it unfortunately. 

McKay is a shadow of the player he was at times last year, wonder if the step up in league is too much for him (sadly)

5 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

It was a good performance for fuck sake, we hit the bar and post, had about 4 cleared off the line, with more luck we would have won 4-0. We aren't going to completely change in one fucking game, if anyone is out of touch with reality it's half this fucking forum.

I think you're in as much touch of reality as MW is

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

You said you were glad Barton gave his opinion even though it caused trouble yet act like a wee poof when people on here do it on a forum where nothing really matters.

I am giving my opinion on other people's opinions, how is that acting like a wee poof

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Said something about that being the best 90 minutes we've played all season and questions regarding Barton are not up for discussion.

Just now, B1872 said:

Just read there mate, something to do with questions about Barton. He's losing it! ?

Cheers lads, he really has been hitting out with some amount of pish recently <cr>

First real period of pressure and he's starting to crack. Not a good sign.

2 minutes ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

What game were you watching? We were slow and 1 dimensional. Our passing was poor in the final third and we lacked creativity. A 5 out of 10 for me. 

This. Still far too slow and everything about our play is telegraphed. Distinct lack of movement but the service up top was poor anyway.

I'd understand if we were banging down the door but we weren't. Fuck all urgency. Not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

They were asking about Barton and he said "Can't talk about an internal matter." but they kept asking and he said if you keep asking when i can't answer i'll just leave and then they asked again so he left. 

Warburton was TOO patient with them , He could and should have walked earlier such was their ignorance .

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Did I say we turned a corner, I said we can't completely change in one game, if anyone thinks we can go from the way we were playing to playing fast paced attacking football after a week of training they are deluded. Aye it was a bad result but the performance was a lot better than we have had and it's a start.

Let's be honest mate it couldn't have been much worse. I'm sorry but I thought we were same slow  paced, had poor passing, no plan B, final ball and set pieces were poor, one dimensional. Wes saved us as well from getting beat. I just can't accept this. I never left Ibrox today in a positive mood at all.

35 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Not sharp enough up front, by the time we get a shot away the opposition have everyone back in place

We make the pass and it always needs a second or third touch 

Bit of a blow  for the Holt brigade, did nothing, again,  Halliday and Windass put a shift in 

Garner hardly touched the ball

Tav and McKay had most of the Ball,  McKay still way off form

Manager needs to get a reality check, it's not acceptable to claim that was acceptable  today 

Dont know why  Mr Warburton played Joe Garner as main stiker when he could have played Miller or Waghorn in that position.

The only strike I saw Garner do was around minute 3 and it was his hand & striking the opposition player, lucky the ref was other side of pitch and missed it.

4 minutes ago, RD.1872 said:

Cheers lads, he really has been hitting out with some amount of pish recently <cr>

First real period of pressure and he's starting to crack. Not a good sign.

It's a shame as I love the gaffer but this is where we'll find out what he's all about. We are not Brentford or Watford. 

54 minutes ago, MuirhouseBear said:

So far out of his depth it's unbelievable. I think next week will be his last. A pumping off Aberdeen and he'll walk IMO. 

I think we'll put up a good performance against the sheep - and then a shite performance against thistle.  I was fully expecting MW to be the real deal - only to now feel that he's an 80%er.

7 minutes ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

What game were you watching? We were slow and 1 dimensional. Our passing was poor in the final third and we lacked creativity. A 5 out of 10 for me. 

What a lot of utter shite. How you can watch that the day and come to that conclusion is absolutely beyond me. I feel like you're just spouting the usual pish that gets said on here when we have a bad result simply because we never won. 

4 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Warburton was TOO patient with them , He could and should have walked earlier such was their ignorance .

Yep.  Fergie did it all the time and was a legend, MW does it and gets slated on here.  As you say he has been too patient with these idiots who week in week out show no dignity, no respect and ask stupid questions.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

"We'll tolerate poor results as long as there is a philosophy being implemented" - Countless RM Posters 2012-2015

:541: - correct

If we could do one bloody thing it would be to take one of the chances we create in the 1st fifteen.  Get the 1st goal we will score a few.....I don't think we have scored the opener once this year? 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

"We'll tolerate poor results as long as there is a philosophy being implemented" - Countless RM Posters 2012-2015

I was on the forum during that time, don't remember many if any saying that. Could you post a link to where these posts supposedly happened? 

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just in. 2nd half was pretty good, really unlucky to not have scored at least one. Great to have Halliday and Holt back in the midfield, they are much more dynamic.  I thought County offered nothing, time wasting from the first minute but they set out their stall and stuck to it unfortunately. 

McKay is a shadow of the player he was at times last year, wonder if the step up in league is too much for him (sadly)

Or was it the call up to the Scotland squad, what has that we Strachan done to our Barry?