westenclosure2008

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I know it is early in his Rangers career but I can't see what he is going to contribute. I really hoped he was going to be the striker to put all the chances we create away or used to create! His positioning and movement today was really poor. Add to this he looks slow, his touch isn't great and he seems to want to get involved in needless confrontations. He also doesn't seem to rotate like the others meaning Waghorn is constantly out wide. I hope he proves me wrong.

Whats your thoughts on him?

He didn't get any service today. He got a half chance against the beggars last week and took it. 

Like any good forward that puts the ball away, he needs chances to take, he can't just score 20 goals a season without being assisted 

Looking like carrying on where he left off last season goals wise, but outwith that one 25 yard volley on his highlighs reel doesnt look like the type of player who's going to create much for himself, therefore he'll be relying on chanes being created by our powderpuff attack. Doesn't look to offer much more than 'SPL pish' like Billy McKay, Adam Rooney, Lewis Moult etc and there would have been uproar had we bought any of them.

Just now, alistairr_1 said:

csnt help but think the money would have been better spent on Jason Cummings 

I'm telling you it's the way he wears hos socks that stopped him from getting his move. 

Before anyone mentions the famous good footballers that done the same, remember it's Jason cummings were talking about who plays in the scottish championship.

Pull them up ffs

Nobody's writing him off,and it's early days but you obviously form an opinion on what you've seen so far

he does put himself about, but we did put a lot of balls into the box and he never seemed to be there,first

impressions he doesn't look great but that can and hopefully will turn around

It's a different game up here for him. The reason he doesn't move into space in the box is because there's precious little space in the box with the teams that play Rangers.

Also, he's getting into petty tangles with opposition players because the refs are not protecting Rangers players and I think he's rather amazed at that. I know I am, but not surprised.

Fans standing up for Garner's performance today need to open their eyes. Non existent first half. People say he was getting no service but he did fuck all to change that. Didn't even attempt to link up or hold the ball up for anyone as he was always miles away from the play. Came into the game a bit more second half before he was subbed. Needs to up his game and get involved more to convince me he's gonna be money well spent ??

With Ranger's Having paid 1.8 mil no matter if he scores 50 in a season the media and other fans will slate him. 

My opinion though he's had no real chances to score a goal. If he misses sitter after sitter for weeks on end then I'll worry. From what I've seen he gives 110% every minute he's on the pitch. Also a no nonsense player takes no shit from anybody which is always a plus.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

It's not his fault Warburton has him playing on the flank or that he got no service all day.

I feel sorry for him. He wasn't a priority signing and his fee was probably too much but that's not his fault.

Another baffling signing from Warburton.

Remind me how C. Ronaldo did at United in his first season+? ;)

This thread is fucking bogging and ridiculous. The guy gets no service whatsoever and the 1 time he has in his rangers career he scored. It's the cunts on the wings that need to take a look at themselves. McKay hasn't turned up this season at all and has been playing like an absolute lazy coward who was playing like 30 yards behind Wallace today and even when he was up with play he's still feart to take a player on and instead turns back. wallace as well was absolutely woeful, he was skinned easy 3 or 4 times today and has been pish all season. It seems these 2 are undroppable though, it's time warburton started booting some balls.

I like Garner and the passion/Workrate he plays with however he goes down too easy imo, he really needs to stop that or at the very least save it for when he's in the box.:D

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Oh ok then if that's the sort of faith you want to hold - fine 

I didn't say he's a bad player btw just not a priority 

Sometimes I just want to give people a chance to prove themselves and not jump the gun and just write them off as a bad bit of business. Lets see how it goes.

When a player like that becomes available, you need to get him in. Especially when its 1.8 million, which might be a lot for us, but isnt a lot on money in todays insane market.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Sometimes I just want to give people a chance to prove themselves and not jump the gun and just write them off as a bad bit of business. Lets see how it goes.

When a player like that becomes available, you need to get him in. Especially when its 1.8 million, which might be a lot for us, but isnt a lot on money in todays insane market.

Well you are quoting the wrong person then - I've said i don't think he's a bad player, he's had no service  I just didn't think he was a priority signing there's nothing wrong with that