****The Official Rangers v Queen of the South thread****

OceanRain

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We were far more direct the second half. 

Couldnt believe it when I heard about Windass, hope the lad isn't going to be injury prone. 

A bit more space allowed us to be more direct. Before we scored they were lining up 6 at the back and the rest just in front. Hard to be direct in that situation..

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Where the fuck was Sutton at full time? You can bet your life he would have been there if we lost.

He was having a cup of tea with Warburton and forming a wee book club to review a certain autobiography that's due out very soon.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

Agree, he spoke well and made some good points unlike the 2 commentators throughout the game 

Amazing how Sutton was calling for a red but Boyd was like it was a forwards tackle so could go either way just shows how bitter Sutton the cunt is.

Just back from game.

Did Windass get crocked in the warm up?

Poor first half but much better second half.

Some good goals and clinical finishing.

I'm not his biggest fan but Kranjcar played better in second half and played some nice passes.

Good to see Crooks finally play.

Well done Gers.

Gilks - Not tested, looks solid when called up. Great back up to have

Tav - Another decent performance, our most consistent player this year

Wilson - Looked good, seems confident alongside Hill. Weak on the right though.

Hill - Old Father Time strolled it, dominant in the air. Should be back to Senderos IMO though.

Hodson - Good game, Wallace hasnt had a good start to season and Hodson looks a better option right now. Doesnt steal the wingers spaces as well.

Holt - We've missed him. Glad it was a precaution to take him off. Gives us drive and gets past the striker to give another option

Halliday - Captain Fantastic tonight. Real influence on our play. Gave 2 fingers up to the guy sitting at home. 

Niko - Classy. Slow as week in the jail but the guy can pick a pass. Sexy beast

O'Halloran - Why on why didnt he get 90 mins. Will no doubt be dropped for Sunday. Direct and pacy. We need to play the ball over the top for him more. Gives us something different a chance to mix it up going forward.

Waghorn - Hat trick.. nothing more needed.

Forrester - Another great performance. Willing to take the ball and drive at them. Needs to cut out the stupid diving in challenges though. Like Dundee it was a red, an stupid needless one at that. 

McKay - Thats the Barrie we have been missing. Stopping the cutting inside bullshit and ran the line. As someone else metinoned in this thread as Wallace been taking up his space?

Crooks - Didnt see enough of him tbh, looked sure and composed the little I did notice. Nearly gave me a fucking heart attack losing the ball in our box though. 

Miller - One great run and decent try. Still has something to offer us from the bench.

Im not convinced our troubles are behind us just. We looked far far better in the second half, the first was sluggish and lacked movement and creativity in the final third. Lets remember that a cup game by its nature means teams have to come at you when they go behind. In a league game they will sit in more and attempt to limit the damage. 

Roll on the sheep, another week of good training and hard work and lets take some confidence out of high scoreline against a team on fire in the Championship. 

5 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from game.

Did Windass get crocked in the warm up?

Poor first half but much better second half.

Some good goals and clinical finishing.

I'm not his biggest fan but Kranjcar played better in second half and played some nice passes.

Good to see Crooks finally play.

Well done Gers.

Seems Windass was taken out as a precaution(hamstring)

Wilson and Hill look comfortable together. Not having Kiernan has borne fruit in the last two games. Both are better players than him. 

Kudos to Hodson. Doesn't get much game time, but comes in and looks solid and dependable.

Forrester puts a good shift in, but he frustrates me with frequent bad decisions and bad shooting.

Halliday is looking pretty good these days too. 

Kranjcar was a game of two halves. Much better in the second after a poor, poor first.

Overall a good day's work.

Won't get carried away, happy with the result and the last half hour 

It's the first 60 minutes that have me worried, sloppy, unimaginative and no energy

Delighted for Waggy and Halliday, thought they were outstanding, loads of drive and energy

Kranjcar still looks unfit and slow, I really wouldn't have him start at all unless it was further up the field and we had enough energy and drive in midfield to go from box to box, going forward he is the creativity we need but when he loses it or has to chase it's difficult for him to recover and when we have no pace in the centre back position this can be costly

MoH not brilliant but definitely the best performance from him this season

I see McKay has returned, it's nice to be reminded of what he can do when he is brave and in the mood

Would start Hodson over Wallace at the weekend

Back two weren't tested really but they didn't put a foot wrong imo so I wouldn't change it for the Sheep

Great score line and hopefully gives the team a massive boost to go into the weekend because we really needed it

Team is so much better without Barton, Halliday my man of the match

Hodson looks solid.

Gilks loves the Rangers.

Crooks looks as if he has the right attributes for the position. Quite pacy and played the right passes. Broke up play well

McKay looked as if he was told to beat his man every single time and he did so.

Forrester gives his all again and gets stuck in. Nice to see a forward player get the boot in. Some of the tackles on our players are borderline assault so good to see his passion for the team runs high. Added to his skill and ability we have a really good player there.

Hill done well against Lyle. Lyle is a really good player in the air and he didnt win the ball against Hill once.

MOH heart isn't in it IMO. Hes an ok player and its a shame it isnt working out. 

Waghorn good hattrick. 

Halliday looked good again, broke up play well.

The others were ok