expectations

LiviGer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Swagger said:

Reckon it'll be a struggle to get second even. Nothing I'm seeing makes me think things will change. Did I see somewhere that we've only won 16 out of the last 32 games ?? Shocking if true 

Wouldn't surprise me if true. Not kicked a ball since April which is no where near good enough. 

I think the best we'll get is 2nd this season.

Not because ceptic are streets in front of us, but how the opposition play against us and them.

Totally different attitude, plus, refs are not being very favorable to us in any way, shape or form.

I really cannot comment until someone tells me what expections means.

If you mean expectations, then no. We did play well enough today to win a couple of games as the magic hat says. I was pleased with the improvement in performance today (not laboured, more pacy), but not the result. If you have expectations of winning the league, you really must beat Hamilton and now Ross County at home. We failed to do that and  I would imagine the league is now gone, but I'm still behind the players and staff (no ripped tights here). The results are shocking, but today the guys played well and didn't get their reward. The bottom line is that we are failing in this league but I'm a lot more confident today of us eventually going 'on a run' when the team gels, etc, etc, then I've been since the draw with Hamilton (I'm trying hard to get some positives from our season so far).

We are having a slump in form,  every side does,  some slums last a few weeks,  some last a bit longer.  I expect that our form will come back and some side will be on the receiving end of a pounding.  We all knew that this would be different from last year,  we all knew that the likely hood of winning 55 this season was slim.  I don't get this negative attitude,  MW deserves our respect and support as do the players.  Let's get behind them and support them. 

1 minute ago, Gooseman said:

We are having a slump in form,  every side does,  some slums last a few weeks,  some last a bit longer.  I expect that our form will come back and some side will be on the receiving end of a pounding.  We all knew that this would be different from last year,  we all knew that the likely hood of winning 55 this season was slim.  I don't get this negative attitude,  MW deserves our respect and support as do the players.  Let's get behind them and support them. 

We've been in a slump for a few months now and unfortunately doesn't look likely to end anytime soon. Not having a go mate but I'm getting a bit fed up hearing about us due to give someone a pumping. Right now I'd take a 1-0 and the 3 points please. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

To have Rangers fans realise we are in some amount of shit and we won't be finishing second or even third unless something dramatic happens. 

The sad thing is I can't disagree with this. If only our only problem was at centre half, which a lot of fans believe is the only issue. Rewind 12 months and we were a totally different side. We would have wiped the floor with Ross County on that form. The cracks are starting show and if MW doesn't turn it around fast the pressure is really going to crank up on him. 

Just now, LiviGer said:

The sad thing is I can't disagree with this. If only our only problem was at centre half, which a lot of fans believe is the only issue. Rewind 12 months and we were a totally different side. We would have wiped the floor with Ross County on that form. The cracks are starting show and if MW doesn't turn it around fast the pressure is really going to crank up on him. 

I honestly can't see us climbing out of this slump, Warburton will not change his tactics and we will plod along getting the occasional win here drawing a lot and getting beat when we meet the the top half of the table.