The media eventually got to Warburton

Rambo1872

On the bus on the way home we had the phone in on did anyone else hear it? They replayed the post match interview, after asking Warburton questions about Barton about 4 times he said anymore questions and he would be going, surprise surprise they asked again straight away and he fucked off out the room. 

After commenting and rightly so about the negative media in scotland they are after him and today they got what they wanted. Apparent that bad mouthing the media brings with it them turning on you. 

Why cant we just ban these cunts from Ibrox we dont need them there?

I don't think Mark is handling things well right now and feeling the pressure but he's totally correct there 

he doesn't want to talk about it but they ask him 4 times after that?

hes quite right 

we shouldn't do any pressers - release our match day comments before and after the game on Rangers TV and make them take their info from there 

I hate to say it but I feel that the pressure is mounting on Warburton on a series of fronts;

Media seem to have turned on him and are targetting for a reaction.

The dressing room off the back of the Barton push can't be fully settled and that's not ideal.

Results are mounting against him and for all the chat of possession, movement, chances etc he will be judged by results above all else.

Lose to Aberdeen next week and it wouldn't surprise me to see him walk. 

He was right to walk out after asking them 4 TIMES not to ask about Barton. They are scum.

I have to say though, him complaining about the negative press repeatedly surprised me. After the way he dealt with they morons last season with such ease and class I didn't think it would ever get on top of him, but it definitely has. It's part and parcel of being the Rangers manager. You have to learn to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't think Mark is handling things well right now and feeling the pressure but he's totally correct there 

he doesn't want to talk about it but they ask him 4 times after that?

hes quite right 

we shouldn't do any pressers - release our match day comments before and after the game on Rangers TV and make them take their info from there 

I agree with that. Keep it in house going through Rangers TV and tell everyone else to sod off. Quite a few should have been chased already anyway (is that right Sheelagh McLaren - out of ten she'd still get one though, as long as she shut up about Brenda). They ask the same old same old. I actually feel embarrassed for them at times and wonder what our neighbours down South think of it all. The media are amateurs here with their own agendas and live for getting a negative story about Rangers. It doesn't matter if true, or made up, as I have become accustomed too. 

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

He was right to walk out after asking them 4 TIMES not to ask about Barton. They are scum.

I have to say though, him complaining about the negative press repeatedly surprised me. After the way he dealt with they morons last season with such ease and class I didn't think it would ever get on top of him, but it definitely has. It's part and parcel of being the Rangers manager. You have to learn to deal with it.

firstly he is not in a position to comment as there could be legal action in the barton case and secondly how many times do you have to tell these idiots that you will only talk about the game  i heard the interview and he was quite right to go  dont think it is getting to him at all  other than answering the same morons every week 

Never understand when a manager says he refuses to talk about a certain subject then they all start asking in different ways.

He had every right to walk out today. Sports journalists are some of the most clueless around. Aye they have the wee sources in clubs but when actually trying to find out things themselves or ask the important questions we want to know they're shitebags 

1 minute ago, philiprfc said:

He was quite right to walk out tbh, even though they did that to him purely for a headline.

He actually said "I'll give you one last question then I'm going to leave" and they still asked him about Barton. Total cunts.

Our Press Officer should grow a fucking pair of balls and own this process. 

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Never understand when a manager says he refuses to talk about a certain subject then they all start asking in different ways.

He had every right to walk out today. Sports journalists are some of the most clueless around. Aye they have the wee sources in clubs but when actually trying to find out things themselves or ask the important questions we want to know they're shitebags 

They are far from clueless, they know exactly what they're doing with this sort of shit.

Just now, philiprfc said:

They are far from clueless, they know exactly what they're doing with this sort of shit.

I disagree. Too scared to upset clubs and sources. Will ask same questions. They all copy one another. Listen to a press conference and it's the same in a long round about way.

10 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

Warburton walking out of the press conference is all a bit strange. He knew Barton was going to be discussed and no doubt had time to prepare some suitable answers

But he can't talk about it if it's an on going personell issue. It'd be like your boss taking about a disciplinary on the radio. He warned then teide the interview would be over if they kept asking about it and they kept asking. 

Just now, EatDolphins said:

But he can't talk about it if it's an on going personell issue. It'd be like your boss taking about a disciplinary on the radio. He warned then teide the interview would be over if they kept asking about it and they kept asking. 

Or if the player talked about it on the radio...oh wait.

6 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I disagree. Too scared to upset clubs and sources. Will ask same questions. They all copy one another. Listen to a press conference and it's the same in a long round about way.

That's because they are fishing for a specific response to suit the story they want to run. 

26 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

Well that's the employees fault isn't it. 

I think that is the big issue that Barton went on radio after being told not to discuss the incident. To be fair the whole thing is the least of our worries...I did notice a few wee arguments amongst the players. Tav was nipping Wilson's ear about something for a good 5 mins and Wilson seemed to snap and gave him a right earful.

They print just what they like anyway lies or not, if MW told them the script and they still carried on fuck them, our manager is not in the wrong there, imo he is a breath of fresh air after four years of total shite, everyone having a dig should have a look at the big picture, yip he is not perfect but he can get us playing great stuff and that will come again.

I thought we would be jousting with the tims this year but I may have to adjust my sights a little after the start but with backing  I think MW is to the manor born for our club.

3 hours ago, Bighouse said:

Warburton walking out of the press conference is all a bit strange. He knew Barton was going to be discussed and no doubt had time to prepare some suitable answers

But in saying that for me " it's an internal affair and it will be dealt with internally" is a suitable answer.

7 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

But in saying that for me " it's an internal affair and it will be dealt with internally" is a suitable answer.

Not good enough for some folk on here. See the other thread.  You'd think half the guys on here work for Scottish media given how depressing they are

Imo Warburton and the team just need to give themselves a fucking shake and start focusing inward and forget all this other pish in the media.

Part of me thinks that something like the current situation can and will be overcome. But another part of me is shiting it a bit considering how early it is in the season and things are already starting to crumble.

At the end of the day the current levels of team performance and management are completely unacceptable and the players and the manager especially needs to either shit or get off the pot because we can't let this stagnation continue any longer. Hate to say it but if the scum win the league at a canter this season which is is looking like a possibility then you can guarantee they'll pile the cash into their squad next season chasing 10 and the closer they get the more pressure we put on ourselves.  And that's all were doing now - putting ourselves under pressure so they need to hurry up and find some way to shake it off because we've been thru enough shite without having to suffer more years of nail biting frustration and uncertainty.  Just get the fucking finger out and put this fucking season and their 10iar fantasy to bed then take 3 or 5 years to transform the club. We can't let them win 9 or 10 in a row no matter what, I won't hear a word of this "were building for the future" pish over them winning 10, we simply can't let it happen and that's what everyone at Rangers should be focusing on.