Why are our fans taking Halliday's side?

BlueBearz1990

So the majority of people I've seen posting on here and Facebook seem to think that Barton is the 'bad guy', and then today at the game Halliday's name gets the loudest cheer, obviously relating to recent gossip. Who's to say Barton wasn't correct during their heated argument? Just because he got sent home doesn't mean he wasn't talking sense. None of us know what it was about, and after getting hammered 5-1 I'd expect emotions to be high in training, so why don't we just let the issue be resolved by them without us falling into the media hype. 

Why does it seem like a lot of our own fans love to hate him and direct their anger at him when any opportunity arises? The guy plays for Rangers ffs, so stop turning on him and get behind him, it's embarrassing seeing one of our own players singled out and getting so much abuse from our fans. We're not getting the best out of any of our players who should be glowing in this league and that has to fall with MW and his inability to change things up to find a formation.

No one can doubt Barton has quality and passion, and once our full team/formation is sorted out I can see him being a key player for us. You simply don't go from being the Championship's team of the year's player of the year to shite in a few months. Support the guy like any other Rangers player. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

So the majority of people I've seen posting on here and Facebook seem to think that Barton is the 'bad guy', and then today at the game Halliday's name gets the loudest cheer, obviously relating to recent gossip. Who's to say Barton wasn't correct during their heated argument? Just because he got sent home doesn't mean he wasn't talking sense. None of us know what it was about, and after getting hammered 5-1 I'd expect emotions to be high in training, so why don't we just let the issue be resolved by them without us falling into the media hype. 

Why does it seem like a lot of our own fans love to hate him and direct their anger at him when any opportunity arises? The guy plays for Rangers ffs, so stop turning on him and get behind him, it's embarrassing seeing one of our own players singled out and getting so much abuse from our fans. We're not getting the best out of any of our players who should be glowing in this league and that has to fall with MW and his inability to change things up to find a formation.

No one can doubt Barton has quality and passion, and once our full team/formation is sorted out I can see him being a key player for us. You simply don't go from being the Championship's team of the year's player of the year to shite in a few months. Support the guy like any other Rangers player. 

I like Halliday as well - but the passion shown in training was missing on the park today 

1 minute ago, philiprfc said:

Really? Thought he was our best player today over the course of the game. Seemed really up for it.

Thought they were all poor - he was no better ( or worse) than the rest but kinda underwhelming performance today as a team.

Barton's been painted the villian by a lot of people. I haven't been happy at all with him this season and have said as much in various match threads/threads about Barton. However, the media over the last week have come flying in and taken every opportunity to show the guy in a bad light and I think it's worked.

Just now, BlueBearz1990 said:

So you completely right off that Barton has an opinion on what's best for Rangers? 

Did I say that? 

I said that due to Halliday growing up a Rangers fan, then obviously our fans would relate to him and trust that he has Rangers at heart. 

Can you read? 

Just now, ben51 said:

Did I say that? 

I said that due to Halliday growing up a Rangers fan, then obviously our fans would relate to him and trust that he has Rangers at heart. 

Can you read? 

When I said "you" I wasn't meaning you directly, I was meaning in general. Anyway I wouldn't agree that just because someone supports Rangers it automatically means they're right in a training ground argument. 

Just now, BlueBearz1990 said:

When I said "you" I wasn't meaning you directly, I was meaning in general. Anyway I wouldn't agree that just because someone supports Rangers it automatically means they're right in a training ground argument. 

You specifically asked why Halliday was backed over an argument we don't know the details about. 

Specifically because we don't know the details its very easy to understand why Rangers fans, back a Rangers fan.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But I don't know what answer you're looking for. 

Halliday is one of us and knows what we expect. Barton was tweeting his admiration for the IRA not too long ago. 

Halliday also played his part in getting Rangers back to the top flight, Barton has been in the door 5 minutes and has looked overwhelmed by the task at hand

If it came to a choice (which it shouldn't as we're a team) then it's a no brainer what player the fans would pick 

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

You specifically asked why Halliday was backed over an argument we don't know the details about. 

Specifically because we don't know the details its very easy to understand why Rangers fans, back a Rangers fan.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But I don't know what answer you're looking for. 

Yes, I get what you mean now, I understand you're giving me a likely explanation for why they are taking his side, but if that's the case I don't think it's a good reason to take his side. Unless we know what was said we shouldn't be taking any sides, in my opinion.