League is gone already

wearethepeople1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

was it ever realistic to say we'd be winning the league this season. Not had a full 90mins performance yet and we are 4th second place is the fight this season and we will achieve that comfortably. Isn't good enough I get that but its been realistic

Yip it was and the majority would have said the same,they won't admit it now right enough 

Just now, gazza27 said:

Yip it was and the majority would have said the same,they won't admit it now right enough 

I got caught up in the hype and said we could but re-thinking it now that was silly. Doesn't matter if it's Rangers or Raith Rovers this isn't an easy league to get promoted into and actually challenge for the league, especially against a team that's won the league for the last 5 seasons in a row beating the teams we're struggling against. 

1 minute ago, gazza27 said:

I think that was all bravado tbh this term are miles away from winning this league. None of todays starting 11 are good enough to be a part of a title winning team.

The standard of squad needed to win this league is the standard that Walter left ally.

we lost millions etc and needed to rebuild I get that but we could've built that type of squad easily again. If This board where willing to take the hit to allow us to get to that level asap. Everything is now been done on the cheap tho.

19 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

was it ever realistic to say we'd be winning the league this season. Not had a full 90mins performance yet and we are 4th second place is the fight this season and we will achieve that comfortably. Isn't good enough I get that but its been realistic

It should always be more than realistic for Rangers to be winning the league 

8 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

It should always be more than realistic for Rangers to be winning the league 

We'll questions should be asked about the backing the manager has received because that's not to the level where leagues could be won. We need 5-10 million quid invested in players before well win this league.

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We'll questions should be asked about the backing the manager has received because that's not to the level where leagues could be won. We need 5-10 million quid invested in players before well win this league.

He's fighting with one hand tied behind his back, 5-10 million is nowhere near enough 

37 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

And it will be gone every year until proper investment arrives - it's that simple. 

As you say but what Sugar Daddy is going to come here have to invest what £30 million for what sort of return ?

You don't get the exposure they do down south, with the best will in the world Champs League ? This team at present would get reamed and that's in the qualifiers, Europa league probably far too good for us where we are now.

I say £30 million that would be the least because of wages etc. I don't know if this manager has ever spent money, it can be quite a burden for some managers. Big McLeish great coach couldn't buy hee haw.

Anyone who thought we'd be favourites after witnessing the finish to last season needs to change their bong water, but the fact of the matter is we are still outspending every non-OF team in this league and should not be facing the likelihood of the title race being out of reach after six fucking games.

I did not expect a league win this season (just hopeful),  and have been bitterly disappointed in the start,  but I don't think we can get any worse, and a long way to go. Need to get us playing to our potential and see where that takes us.  The end of the barren years in the 70s was sweet,  and the end of this period will be the best ever,  so patience.

15 minutes ago, rossDas said:

Anyone who thought we'd be favourites after witnessing the finish to last season needs to change their bong water, but the fact of the matter is we are still outspending every non-OF team in this league and should not be facing the likelihood of the title race being out of reach after six fucking games.

I never thought we would win it, I think we should be winning it 

Anything is possible but not necessarily probable.

We would need to witness a huge improvement in performance to challenge for the title - which is possible.

A lot of posters here basing success on the size of your budget.  Which, if true.  Means we should finish second.

Personally, I'm holding out for better than that - until it is mathematically impossible to do so.

This is only my opinion, but there it is.

Not willing to give up on the season just yet but a major change in tactics and personnel on the field needs to take place. Still it is better to crumble at the start of the season and have a long hard fucking climb up the hill than to fade in the last month so much unlike me I am going to be an optimist that this can be turned around. Title out of the way maybe but not giving up on second quite this early.

Next year we really need a wee bit more in terms of players for sure.

32 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Not willing to give up on the season just yet but a major change in tactics and personnel on the field needs to take place. Still it is better to crumble at the start of the season and have a long hard fucking climb up the hill than to fade in the last month so much unlike me I am going to be an optimist that this can be turned around. Title out of the way maybe but not giving up on second quite this early.

Next year we really need a wee bit more in terms of players for sure.

Out of interest, what makes you think theres any chance of that happening given that theres been no sign of it up until now?

1 hour ago, wearethepeople1 said:

It is gone. What a fuck up this season. 

I don't even know what to say. How can we crumble after just 6 games, the sheepshaggers will beat us next week and I reckon it's curtains for Mark Warburton. Sorry

WHat a fucking surrender monkey!