League is gone already

wearethepeople1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

The squad we have should be performing far better. Not winning the league, but comfortably fucking everyone else. The fact we're not has got nothing to do with investment.

So I started to backslap and congratulate you on a fine perceptive statement and was about to say that our players are better than everyone else outside the Scum, then i realised, I haven't actually watched the SPL since we left. 

Maybe I am making the same mistake as Warburton and under estimating this league? Maybe there are better players at Aberdeen, Hearts and Ross fucking County than I had given them credit for?

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

It really hasn't.  A lot needs to change, but it isn't too late to turn this around.  Bigger leads have been lost in this league before.

Bigger leads have been lost but they teams had bigger heart, more fight, greater ability, better manager. I don't see it in this team or manager at this point.

It was a near impossible ask before the season kicked off, it would be the greatest league win ever in my life-time if it happened now. 

36 minutes ago, gogzy said:

It really hasn't.  A lot needs to change, but it isn't too late to turn this around.  Bigger leads have been lost in this league before.

We are effectively 9 points behind after 6 games. Sitting 4th in the table with probably one of worst starts to a league campaign in decades. 

We won't be winning Fuck all this season 

47 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

We are effectively 9 points behind after 6 games. Sitting 4th in the table with probably one of worst starts to a league campaign in decades. 

We won't be winning Fuck all this season 

9 points is a 3 game swing mate.  we are less than a quarter of the way through the season.

Let me be clear, I think us winning it is a slim chance, but it isn't over yet. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

9 points is a 3 game swing mate.  we are less than a quarter of the way through the season.

Let me be clear, I think us winning it is a slim chance, but it isn't over yet. 

I hope you aint planning driving that cab soon as you are evidently on mescaline at the moment

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I think that was all bravado tbh this term are miles away from winning this league. None of todays starting 11 are good enough to be a part of a title winning team.

The standard of squad needed to win this league is the standard that Walter left ally.

we lost millions etc and needed to rebuild I get that but we could've built that type of squad easily again. If This board where willing to take the hit to allow us to get to that level asap. Everything is now been done on the cheap tho.

The board have to think long and hard here. It's easy to say, and understand, that it takes time to rebuild - the currency regularly being used is 2-3 years. 

However, every season we don't win the league and they do it gives them the opportunity to the champions league and the money that goes with it. If we have decided that modest levels of investment year after year is the answer it's highly unlikely it will work. They might have amassed £40-60 million pounds by then. 

As difficult as it may seem we must find the investment and fast. And yes, as above, it's that standard of team/squad we had in 2011 that is required, and it's required very very soon! 

Modern day football is as much in the boardroom nowadays as it is on the field of play. 

10 hours ago, rossDas said:

Anyone who thought we'd be favourites after witnessing the finish to last season needs to change their bong water, but the fact of the matter is we are still outspending every non-OF team in this league and should not be facing the likelihood of the title race being out of reach after six fucking games.

Exactly this.Look at the other teams we dropped points against.What investment have they had put in.Whats their wage bills?Yet every one of them looked    much better organised,fitter and hungrier than we do.They can all also turn defence into attack much quicker than us.

Now I agree we need more investment but to say we shouldn't be beating teams we have drawn against,especially at home,to me means our standards really must be slipping.

The performances have not been good enough and for that the players must carry the can.The amount of passes that go astray or to an opposition player is embarrassing and don't get me started on how many times we are  pressing the opposition half and end up passing right back virtually to Fod.

Lack of passion,lack of energy,lack of vision and lack of drive.Throughout the team.I think it's fair to REALISTICALLY expect much better than we are being served up at present.

5 hours ago, Bakbear said:

So I started to backslap and congratulate you on a fine perceptive statement and was about to say that our players are better than everyone else outside the Scum, then i realised, I haven't actually watched the SPL since we left. 

Maybe I am making the same mistake as Warburton and under estimating this league? Maybe there are better players at Aberdeen, Hearts and Ross fucking County than I had given them credit for?

I think you are, Adam Rooney, Johnny Hayes, Greame Shinnie and Shay Logan would waltz into our team, Hearts also have natural width and Sam Nicholson and Jamie Walker would improve us, as would Callum Paterson, the Ross County striker from N.I Liam Boyce is a goal machine and another who would do well with us.

Historically our competition is the tims and thats all our mindset is focused on but realistically our competition until we can get more revenue into the club is teams who are far more established in this League than ours and as ugly as it is that is Hearts, Aberdeen and even the likes of perennial top four club St Johnstone...we can ignore the elephant all we want but we can simply not avoid the reality of the situation 

12 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

It is gone. What a fuck up this season. 

I don't even know what to say. How can we crumble after just 6 games, the sheepshaggers will beat us next week and I reckon it's curtains for Mark Warburton. Sorry

It was gone when the board (rightly or wrongly) didn't invest. 

Frees, cast offs and youth players can only take you so far no matter who the manager is.

'Going for 55' was just a clever marketing campaign designed to sell season books early, before any money was spent (or not). 

Never thought we would win the league this year but we've played teams who are unlikley to be anywhere near the top and struggled like fuck against them, we haven't addressed the main problems in the team and heads are down, biggest signing of the summer has fucked the team spirit and we have had an absolute embarrassment at the san giro. I really didn't expect us to be this far off the pace, this early, fucking atrocious start to the league on and off the park and it doesn't look like getting any better.

If we win the league this year it will be up there with the greatest even achievement given our circumstances over the last few years! 

It's a long shot and probably always was in fairness but all it sometimes takes is a win such as at Aberdeen on Sunday and the confidence will come back and we could go on a run of wins to steady the ship.  I feel we have the players to do this but it's just not clicked so far this season! 

Claw back a few points between now and December and then see what happens when we get them at ibrox at New Years! 

I'm not giving up just yet!!!

39 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Exactly this.Look at the other teams we dropped points against.What investment have they had put in.Whats their wage bills?Yet every one of them looked    much better organised,fitter and hungrier than we do.They can all also turn defence into attack much quicker than us.

Now I agree we need more investment but to say we shouldn't be beating teams we have drawn against,especially at home,to me means our standards really must be slipping.

The performances have not been good enough and for that the players must carry the can.The amount of passes that go astray or to an opposition player is embarrassing and don't get me started on how many times we are  pressing the opposition half and end up passing right back virtually to Fod.

Lack of passion,lack of energy,lack of vision and lack of drive.Throughout the team.I think it's fair to REALISTICALLY expect much better than we are being served up at present.

Agreed.

Truth is we've generally been poor all year in spite of additions to the squad, and if we need to vastly outspend the dross of the SPL in order to win comfortably then increased investment will only mask the underlying problems. Putting aside the issue of central defence (where spending will likely lead to direct improvement), if performances don't drastically improve between now and next season then we are facing the possibility that the current setup is unsustainable. 

30 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Never thought we would win the league this year but we've played teams who are unlikley to be anywhere near the top and struggled like fuck against them, we haven't addressed the main problems in the team and heads are down, biggest signing of the summer has fucked the team spirit and we have had an absolute embarrassment at the san giro. I really didn't expect us to be this far off the pace, this early, fucking atrocious start to the league on and off the park and it doesn't look like getting any better.

Fucked what spirit? The fucking holy spirit? Because it aint fighting sprit.

The cup final spirit that I saw, bore witness to the has been stokes, our worst hater single handedly rip us a new one. Can't remember Barton being on the team sheet, but heh don't let a good story stand in the way of truth.

They will not drop that many points this season,put it this way the teams we have dropped points to at home they will win comfortably against whilst we will continue  with the same tactics and formation and will struggle against every team in this crappy leauge starting again next week against the sheep which I fully expect to drop more points against.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fucked what spirit? The fucking holy spirit? Because it aint fighting sprit.

The cup final spirit that I saw, bore witness to the has been stokes, our worst hater single handedly rip us a new one. Can't remember Barton being on the team sheet, but heh don't let a good story stand in the way of truth.

any striker that we've come up against that has an ability to move more than 2ft has caused us problems at the back - it's not really the same thing, but don't hey, don't let your missing the entire point and talking pish stand in the way of your love for barton