League is gone already

wearethepeople1

I can imagine other teams in the league rubbing their hands together and cant wait to play us just now while we're weak. They'll be seeing this as an opportunity to get points before we start actually performing to some kind of reasonable level.

Depressing stuff.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, gazza27 said:

Yip it was and the majority would have said the same,they won't admit it now right enough 

That'll be the same people who were slagging the appointment of Rogers or the signings of Toure, Dembele etc for one stupid reason or another.

5 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

any striker that we've come up against that has an ability to move more than 2ft has caused us problems at the back - it's not really the same thing, but don't hey, don't let your missing the entire point and talking pish stand in the way of your love for barton

No point in deflecting and no love for barton and not even the point. You brought up the spirit stuff. I'm pointing out, where was it at the SCF.

Scapegoating at it's finest.

8 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

Stop fucking panicking. 

Don't think it's panic when people are generally posting what we all can see.When Queen of the South fans are coming on radio because they really really fancy their chances against us at Inrox something is going drastically wrong.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

No point in deflecting and no love for barton and not even the point. You brought up the spirit stuff. I'm pointing out, where was it at the SCF.

Scapegoating at it's finest.

I'm talking about team spirit and belief in the what the manager is doing. Players trying to implement his plan etc - I'm not talking about the cup final as a one off game where we came up against a half decent striker and failed to deal with it. Even with a good team spirit individual errors and shite players are still there, it's about the players mentality.

If you have a guy coming in, seemingly not needing to do the same pre-season as the rest of them, playing golf with the manager, walking into the team and then failing miserably on his promise to run the show, that's bad enough, when he's too big-headed to look at himself and disrespect the manager and the rest of them it puts everyone in the squads back up - we simply didn't have a disruptive influence like that at all last season whether you can see past the cup final performance or not

I'm not that optimistic person but there's no reason we can't win the league even with the gap 

it depends on two things though - Warburton learning some tough lessons fast such as picking the right teams and dropping the 3 interchangeable forwards pish and having two good strikers in the box getting service rather than hogging touch lines

it also needs the lying bastard King to release proper funds for proper players In Jan too.

theres 3 old firm games 2 at Ibrox that's potentially 9 points 

it can be done 

will it be done? You've got to ask 2 people that Warburton and King - it depends on how much they want it 

Based on our early transfer activity with Rossiter, Crooks, Windass etc, I honestly thought if we could get back to playing how we were at the start of last season, and with the window opening and addressing our problems at the back and 2 or 3 really good players ( expecting maybe 5 or 6 million to be spent!). That we'd be in with a good chance.

Obviously the closer we got to the end of the transfer window I knew we'd struggle. Its going to be a battle now for 2nd.

The main problem is we need investment. We need a good 10m next summer. I dont know if Kings the man or whether the investment will come only when we sell an asset, Tav or Rossiter or whoever, then reinvest. 

We can carry on blaming management etc. But the reality is we wont be catching the scum anytime soon with spends of 2 or 3 million. 

Those cunts saw us coming and knew we were a genuine threat, so invested well. It was Kings and the boards chance to show their intensions. Unfortunately  the gaps bigger now than it was when we were in the championship, based on what we've seen so far.

This type of training ground football we  play its all passing back, forward ,sideways  teams  are not too botherd about us having they are quite happy to defend it seems like they know we  have no end product and a draw against us is a cracking result for them in fact they might snatch a victory out of nothing

11 hours ago, rbr said:

The sooner people wise up to what this season is going to be the better for all , thus is going to be a bedding in year , a season to get sorted on and off the park , we are hamstrung by historical issues that are still going through the courts , onfield we are a million miles better than 18 months ago , but there are still things you can't factor , Windass,s great run but weak finish , 3 off the lines and a header off the bar , we do need to get more clinical , we do need players running past defenders instead of across but today was miles better than the last 5 games .MW will in my opinion be here for the long haul or at least I hope he is , we cannot go back to the Walter era fir short term success , we need to stick with this guy and see it out .

I agree mate. I liked a lot of the football at the match yesterday, and we just needed a bit of luck in front of goal. Windass and holt ran out of steam a bit in the sec half, which is understandable. We played a lot of good stuff - even our defence looked a bit more solid, with the absence of Kiernan. My only criticism yesterday was starting with McKay, who is a pale shadow of the player he was at the start of last year. Maybe going with a 4-4-2 would help too, as Garner looked a bit isolated in the box at times.  

12 hours ago, Lothianbear said:

looks gone at this stage as we arent getting any better , going back the way !

I disagree. As much as the result was painful that was the best we have played over 90 minutes this season. We need to keep improving and the results will naturally follow.

1 minute ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I disagree. As much as the result was painful that was the best we have played over 90 minutes this season. We need to keep improving and the results will naturally follow.

Aye we just need to analyse it, look at pitch geography, send the fans home happy and be respectful.

The shite play and tactical failings are irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Aye we just need to analyse it, look at pitch geography, send the fans home happy and be respectful.

The shite play and tactical failings are irrelevant. 

I wasn't saying any of that nor would I agree with it. I was only making the point that we played for 90 minutes and the performance was decent and in turn that's a sign were not necessarily going backwards. I'm as pissed off as any of us about the result.

1 minute ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I wasn't saying any of that nor would I agree with it. I was only making the point that we played for 90 minutes and the performance was decent and in turn that's a sign were not necessarily going backwards. I'm as pissed off as any of us about the result.

We did not play well for 90 minutes, the performance was not decent. 

If you think our players get pass marks for yesterday you are deluded.

11 minutes ago, magichat54 said:

As Kenny Miller said we were 7 points behind with 5 games to go and we won the league. 

We need a few favours from other teams plus beating them at least twice in the games with them 2 at Ibrox maybe a draw will do at the dome.

Listen to yourself.

6 games in and we need favours.

Fucking deluded to think we'll win this league. Happy clappy nonsense.

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We did not play well for 90 minutes, the performance was not decent. 

If you think our players get pass marks for yesterday you are deluded.

I would say Foderingham, Wilson, Hill, Tavernier, Halliday, Holt and Windass were all pass marks yesterday so I must be deluded.

The rest of the team were not great and it's that part of the team that are meant to produce the goals. There were probably enough chances to have won the match but in my opinion we still didn't create enough.

My earlier point was that the team played ok (not great) yesterday and they played for the full game in comparison to Hamilton, Motherwell and Dundee.

2 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

That'll be the same people who were slagging the appointment of Rogers or the signings of Toure, Dembele etc for one stupid reason or another.

I think Toure is pish but agree with your point - we were signing Dodoo, Hodson, Hill etc and all the super fans wanking like fuck over it while while saying Dembele is pish and Sinclair was a waste of money