To what extent...

gsa

Does this forum represent the views of fans in general? Genuine question here?

I could be wrong but I get the feeling there is  a lot more hysteria on here than at actual games? 

Why is it so many RM members behave like spoiled little children.

Yes, the team are playing like shit and have been for some time. It'll change. We've been in worse positions than we are in now. It's been a long journey and it won't have ended in my mind until we have 55 but we don't have any devine right to get it in our 1st year back. 

Let's stop giving the media the hysterical reaction they want and let's get behind the manager and players (all of them). This tim like behaviour is fucking embarrassing.  

Folk on here slagging Garner, the guy has played 3 games? And he's obviously trying his heart out! Get a grip. 

Warburton has work to do, clearly. But let's give him the chance to do it. If he's not able to, he will be removed. That's the nature of the beast. He knows that and we know that but we aren't remotely close to that stage yet.

Ig indeed RM is an accurate barometer of the Rangers support in general, I genuinely worry for the future of the club. 

Many folk on here say things they would never say in public or in the company of other Bears, it doesn't mean they don't have the same concerns. it's not just on here though many of the so called Journos say the same things in print just not as forcefully.

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Lets be honest the vast majority on here do not go to games but like to express their views.

Not happy at all with start og the season but got my own views and opinions not going to get people that don't go to games but have a voice affect my opinions 

What makes you say that?

20 minutes ago, gsa said:

I could be wrong but I get the feeling there is  a lot more hysteria on here than at actual games? 

Yes, the team are playing like shit and have been for some time. It'll change. We've been in worse positions than we are in now. It's been a long journey and it won't have ended in my mind until we have 55 but we don't have any devine right to get it in our 1st year back. 

Let's stop giving the media the hysterical reaction they want and let's get behind the manager and players (all of them). This tim like behaviour is fucking embarrassing.  

Folk on here slagging Garner, the guy has played 3 games? And he's obviously trying his heart out! Get a grip. 

Warburton has work to do, clearly. But let's give him the chance to do it. If he's not able, to he will be removed. That's the nature of the beast. He knows that and we know that but we aren't remotely close to that stage yet.

Ig indeed RM is an accurate barometer of the Rangers support in general, I genuinely worry for the future of the club. 

Spot on pal, great post.

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

The match day thread for home games and other people that say so. I know a lot do but the majority don't 

Could it not just be that we have a lot of fans? We have fans from all over the world on this forum and also folk who can't attend due to work commitments etc. There's still almost 50,000 at Ibrox most weeks.

Just now, BF2 said:

Could it not just be that we have a lot of fans? We have fans from all over the world on this forum and also folk who can't attend due to work commitments etc. There's still almost 50,000 at Ibrox most weeks.

Yeah not disagreeing with you. Just saying majority on here don't go to games 

There's less pressure on people to be taciturn in an online space, so you might find that folk are more likely to be sincere on RM despite being wary of upsetting the apple cart at a game or in the pub. That must be weighed against the fact that it is easier for drama queens and troublemakers to operate on forums. 

During the McCoist snafu of a few seasons ago I remember his hardcore supporters insisting on a weekly basis that the views of RangersMedia did not reflect that of those in the 'real world', but in the end reality vindicated the consensus of RM. 

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yeah not disagreeing with you. Just saying majority on here don't go to games 

OK. But I've never understood this theory that people who don't/can't go to games can't have a say. They're still watching the same game.

5 minutes ago, BF2 said:

OK. But I've never understood this theory that people who don't/can't go to games can't have a say. They're still watching the same game.

You do see a lot more at the games tbf, like how a player is off the ball etc.

I think this is reality hitting us unfortunately, the tims signings worked out a wee bit better than we had hoped for and King was talking out his arsehole with regards to investing in the team again.

I said before the season started that I would accept not winning the league in our first season back, not in this manner though.

I want to 'compete', we are stuttery as fuck right now but Paris wasn't built in a day.

Not really. 0-0 against Ross County is a terrible result on paper and easy to criticise cos no highlights. Being at the game yeah still not great but performance was ok and deserved to win. Had chances and was difficult with time wasting cheap fouls and play acting. If you've been at a game yeah you can have more of an opinion than someone who's watched a 4 and a half minute highlights package 

40 minutes ago, gsa said:

Warburton has work to do, clearly. But let's give him the chance to do it. If he's not able, to he will be removed. That's the nature of the beast. He knows that and we know that but we aren't remotely close to that stage yet.

Good post 

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I've had this conversation many a time with guys who don't go to games, I go every  week home and away,doesn’t make me Mr Rangers or Mr staunch as fuck or any of that bullshit but I just find that people who go regular make more sense when analysing the aftermath, people who don't go are the ones who start the sack everyone shite, if you don't go because of money issues, geography then fine I get that,if you don't go because you think we are pish then fuck off and support some cunt else. 

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Not really. 0-0 against Ross County is a terrible result on paper and easy to criticise cos no highlights. Being at the game yeah still not great but performance was ok and deserved to win. Had chances and was difficult with time wasting cheap fouls and play acting. If you've been at a game yeah you can have more of an opinion than someone who's watched a 4 and a half minute highlights package 

You referenced people in the official match threads though. They folk are usually watching live on a stream and can see the whole game, just the same as people who are there.

7 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I think this is reality hitting us unfortunately, the tims signings worked out a wee bit better than we had hoped for and King was talking out his arsehole with regards to investing in the team again.

I said before the season started that I would accept not winning the league in our first season back, not in this manner though.

I want to 'compete', we are stuttery as fuck right now but Paris wasn't built in a day.

You do see more but it can't change opinion entirely surely.

Agree with all your other points.

3 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I think this pretty much sums it up for me. Overall though the thing I would say that disappoints me most is our recent signings. I'd be more prepared to accept poor / erratic performances if we had a team of mainly young, hungry, talented players who were being given their chance / second chance. At least if you could point to progress being made and see where we were going that would be better than what we are currently seeing.

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I've had this conversation many a time with guys who don't go to games, I go every  week home and away,doesn’t make me Mr Rangers or Mr staunch as fuck or any of that bullshit but I just find that people who go regular make more sense when analysing the aftermath, people who don't go are the ones who start the sack everyone shite, if you don't go because of money issues, geography then fine I get that,if you don't go because you think we are pish then fuck off and support some cunt else. 

Spot on with that (tu) Not proper supporters, simple as that.

I absolutely do not buy into this. You're making out that our fans at Ibrox are powderpuff. There was a section who booed off the players at HT and there was loud booing at FT. Not to mention the discontent throughout the game. 

Guys around me were talking about how poor Garner was and questioning how much longer Warburton will get. 

I've been a ST holder for 6/7 years, does that mean I'm qualified enough to answer this? 

"Lets get behind the team" 48,000 today, and 50,000 at least against Motherwell- a think- and sold out against Hamilton, 3/4,000 against Dundee, 8,000 against Killie and 7,000 against the Taigs. Not including the cups games. That not enough support?

Take the Dundee performance and today's to a certain extent, and we've been embarrassing in the league. 

56 minutes ago, gsa said:

I think the issue here is that there is no middle ground on RM. I posted about Garner giving my opinion on his performances and that equates to slagging him. RM is a platform to give your opinion whether that is positive or negative and listen to others. The team can not avoid criticism just now due to the performances on the park but I would never voice my criticism in public nor would I give a player abuse at the game. I don't think questioning a manager or players ability is hysterical and is the same at any club.