Barton discussion on Sky Sports' Sunday Supplement

Captain Hilts

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get the feeling Barton needs a hard manager to keep him in check.  If rumours that he is trying to take over team talks, etc are even close to true... then he needs slapped into place.  A few weeks in the reserves to show him he isn't the big man at the club, and he might turn it around.

I am getting sick of all the bagge this guy brings with him though, book signings, golfing when others were training, the tweet shit.   If he was actually performing well, and turning games for us then all the baggage he brings could be overlooked.

Right now I am close to not being bothered if he kicks a ball for us again.  I honestly think rossiter is a better option anyway.

Dont know what has happened to us rangers fans. Booing the team and not sticking up for one of our own.

Barton's desire and determination has never been in question and we should get behind him because he is one of our own. We all have enough enemies as do the players without the fans being one of them. 

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Whit? The story was leaked. The leak is the problem. Do you really think JB would run himself under a bus after spending time building his reputation.

If he was sent home until after the weekend, there would have had to be some form of explanation as to why he wasn't around the match day squad yesterday.

So while the leak isn't great, it's irrelevant really, because it would have had to come out sooner or later.

4 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Dont know what has happened to us rangers fans. Booing the team and not sticking up for one of our own.

Barton's desire and determination has never been in question and we should get behind him because he is one of our own. We all have enough enemies as do the players without the fans being one of them. 

The team deserve every bit of booing.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

If he was sent home until after the weekend, there would have had to be some form of explanation as to why he wasn't around the match day squad yesterday.

So while the leak isn't great, it's irrelevant really, because it would have had to come out sooner or later.

He may have driven down to see his family friday night, who knows. The leak is important what if this person has it in for someone else and stories get leaked to the press, it needs to be nipped in the bud.  You don't get team harmony with someone being snidey.

Unfortunately 'leaks' are part and parcel of football and Barton is so high profile up here that this was always going to get out.

Warburton should have handled it better and Barton should have handled it better and this would be far less of a story than its been made into it.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Unfortunately 'leaks' are part and parcel of football and Barton is so high profile up here that this was always going to get out.

Warburton should have handled it better and Barton should have handled it better and this would be far less of a story than its been made into it.

Unfortunately our club has had more" leeks" than a Welsh Rugby Union crowd in recent times, so I'm hardly surprised that some clipe from within has seen fit to sell this to the papers.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

He may have driven down to see his family friday night, who knows. The leak is important what if this person has it in for someone else and stories get leaked to the press, it needs to be nipped in the bud.  You don't get team harmony with someone being snidey.

Which would have been a cover up, and just another form of snidey.

It depends on just what went on.

It could upset more people if it WAS kept under wraps, depending on the severity of it.

From the sound of things, there wasn't a lot of harmony there in the first place.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Which would have been a cover up, and just another form of snidey.

It depends on just what went on.

It could upset more people if it WAS kept under wraps, depending on the severity of it.

From the sound of things, there wasn't a lot of harmony there in the first place.

That's the big question. Let's hope it can be sorted 'in house' and whoever the leak is owns up and accepts their punishment. 

How do we know a player went running to the press? 

Has anyone been in the position when they've come home from work and the other half says "how was your day?" 

Maybe the reply was "pish, some cunt was running his mouth off thinking he's Billy big baws.....it got a bit heated, he challenged the gaffer and got suspended" 

All of a sudden the bitch is telling everyone like woman do.

I don't think the leak is that big a deal compared to other issues right now, news from every club gets out some way or another. I would rather we focused on getting our players back to form and winning ways. 

13 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

How do we know a player went running to the press? 

Has anyone been in the position when they've come home from work and the other half says "how was your day?" 

Maybe the reply was "pish, some cunt was running his mouth off thinking he's Billy big baws.....it got a bit heated, he challenged the gaffer and got suspended" 

All of a sudden the bitch is telling everyone like woman do.

I don't think the leak is that big a deal compared to other issues right now, news from every club gets out some way or another. I would rather we focused on getting our players back to form and winning ways. 

All we know for definite is that only Rangers employees knew about the incident.

7 minutes ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

this is not a player leaking stuff, this is somebody thats on the board leaking stuff.

If that's true it makes matters worse. Barton would have a clear cut case for constructive dismissal if sacked.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

If that's true it makes matters worse. Barton would have a clear cut case for constructive dismissal if sacked.

Can't see him threatening an employment tribunal and bothering his arse with all that if it goes that way for him.

Reckon he'll either be released on mutual terms or return to training. With the emphasis on being released on a mutual agreement.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Can't see him threatening an employment tribunal and bothering his arse with all that if it goes that way for him.

Reckon he'll either be released on mutual terms or return to training. With the emphasis on being released on a mutual agreement.

It still doesn't take away the fact that he would have a clear cut case. It also raises the question why would the board do something so snidey.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

It still doesn't take away the fact that he would have a clear cut case. It also raises the question why would the board do something so snidey.

Dunno if it's the board tho, all we know is that it's a management thing between the gaffer and JB,

I don't like the guy,my heart sank when we signed him.

I was all for giving him a fair chance though

He's had plenty of chances to win me over but failed miserably.

I hope we have got him on gross industrial misconduct and he gets the bullet in the morning.

Then i want his wages spent on a commanding centre half

35 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

I don't like the guy,my heart sank when we signed him.

I was all for giving him a fair chance though

He's had plenty of chances to win me over but failed miserably.

I hope we have got him on gross industrial misconduct and he gets the bullet in the morning.

Then i want his wages spent on a commanding centre half

I dunno if 5 games is really a fair chance given that the team aren't exactly on form at the moment. He's not been as brutal as some people are making out and we have seen flashes of what we expected but again, usually when the manager has given the team a rocket up the arse. Hopefully he comes back tomorrow, it's put to bed and we can move on. We all need to calm down here and get behind the team 100%. The media are loving every minute of this and can't wait for our manager to fail. The team need us more than they have done in the past 5 years IMO. Emphasis on the team there not the club.

42 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I dunno if 5 games is really a fair chance given that the team aren't exactly on form at the moment. He's not been as brutal as some people are making out and we have seen flashes of what we expected but again, usually when the manager has given the team a rocket up the arse. Hopefully he comes back tomorrow, it's put to bed and we can move on. We all need to calm down here and get behind the team 100%. The media are loving every minute of this and can't wait for our manager to fail. The team need us more than they have done in the past 5 years IMO. Emphasis on the team there not the club.

100% agree(tu) Barton can only do his job if the rest of the team are doing their job