Captain Hilts

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

These "pundits" seem to know an awful lot about the situation with Barton. Apparently he's on £20k a week and Warburton didn't even want to sign him..... 

Anyone know who they are by the way?

I watched that - they were pretty harsh on Barton, Rangers and Warbuton - one in particular was putting the knife in. 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I watched that - they were pretty harsh on Barton, Rangers and Warbuton - one in particular was putting the knife in. 

Yeah one of them had a clear dislike for Barton, was probably on the wrong end of one of his Twitter rants. No sympathy for us aswell according to the experts. Are we looking for sympathy?

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Yeah one of them had a clear dislike for Barton, was probably on the wrong end of one of his Twitter rants. No sympathy for us aswell according to the experts. Are we looking for sympathy?

Not really looking for sympathy but it was clear they did not like Joey! 

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Imho, JB is being targeted by the Scottish media. He's spent time building up is reputation.  The Scottish media are ripping all his hard work to shred.  MW is right it is "poisonous, mischief making"

No surprise there, not many want to see a successful Rangers. Happy to see us generating money for Scottish football, but they don't want us to actually win anything.

They didn't say anything wrong. £20k a week is probably inaccurate but they were saying he won't be on anymore than that to make the point that other English clubs could easily afford him. Also the bit about Warburton not wanting him was said to be based on nothing and he was "wondering" if that was the case. Who cares. The discussion is fine.

I agree with them. If we're really honest, we all knew it would end in tears. Difference between playing for Burnley and playing for us is the level of pressure, from both the fans and the media, and Barton doesn't seem like someone who copes well with pressure.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

They didn't say anything wrong. £20k a week is probably inaccurate but they were saying he won't be on anymore than that to make the point that other English clubs could easily afford him. Also the bit about Warburton not wanting him was said to be based on nothing and he was "wondering" if that was the case. Who cares. The discussion is fine.

On what grounds do they have to say Warburton didn't want him though? To me that's quite a serious allegation against our manager and our board. It was pretty obvious too that they lacked any proper knowledge of Rangers currently (i.e not even mentioning Halliday, they probably don't know any other players apart from Barton).

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

I agree with them. If we're really honest, we all knew it would end in tears. Difference between playing for Burnley and playing for us is the level of pressure, from both the fans and the media, and Barton doesn't seem like someone who copes well with pressure.

I disagree, MW's having the same problem with the media. He was right when he said it's "poisonous, mischief making".

Just now, Sweetheart said:

I disagree, MW's having the same problem with the media. He was right when he said it's "poisonous, mischief making".

It's hardly a new development though, is it? Media have been like that for as long as I can remember. So bringing someone like Barton into the mix was never going to end well.

Just now, BF2 said:

On what grounds do they have to say Warburton didn't want him though? To me that's quite a serious allegation against our manager and our board. It was pretty obvious too that they lacked any proper knowledge of Rangers currently (i.e not even mentioning Halliday, they probably don't know any other players apart from Barton).

A serious allegation against our manager? Some people get their knickers in a twist over anything

The guy clearly said "I have no inside knowledge of this and not basing this on anything but I wonder if..." and stated the reason he thought so. People can decide for themselves if his reasoning sounded fair or not

1 minute ago, FSM said:

It's hardly a new development though, is it? Media have been like that for as long as I can remember. So bringing someone like Barton into the mix was never going to end well.

The problem lies with who leaked the story to the press. He had every right to defend his reputation. Why can't the press just focus on Rangers players skills as they do with every other football team?

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's in times like this I wish Jock Wallace was at the club, he wouldn't stand any shite from either players or media.

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

A serious allegation against our manager? Some people get their knickers in a twist over anything

The guy clearly said "I have no inside knowledge of this and not basing this on anything but I wonder if..." and stated the reason he thought so. People can decide for themselves if his reasoning sounded fair or not

It's poisonous, mischief making

There's nothing wrong with their uninformed discussion. These guys are discussing the topic without sensationalising it. Something we arent used to with Scottish, lesser able equivalents.

However, it's interesting to know some other off-field activities he has.

Barton has a book coming out, and all of a sudden he has created a situation where he is suspended by his club and being talked about on every major national media outlet. How convenient.

If he managed to finish this 2 year contract, I'm sure he'll be able to write another...

1 minute ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

There's nothing wrong with their uninformed discussion. These guys are discussing the topic without sensationalising it. Something we arent used to with Scottish, lesser able equivalents.

Barton has a book coming out, and all of a sudden he has created a situation where he is suspended by his cmub

Whit? The story was leaked. The leak is the problem. Do you really think JB would run himself under a bus after spending time building his reputation.