Barton Suspended three weeks

derekweir29

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure he's played his last game for us. I think the club are giving themselves time to go over the legal aspects of sacking him and working out the cheapest option. Also, I can't see Barton keeping his mouth shut for 3 weeks, he'll probably sack himself.

The signs were all bad from the point where Barton twittered the stuff about an apology not being an admission of being wrong (which he then deleted). Thereafter we read that he is openly saying he didn't believe he should have been suspended as he didn't feel he'd done anything wrong. Let's suppose he continued that line when he spoke to MW again today. If he continues to say he did nothing wrong - which MW obviously doesn't accept - then the next step (short of firing him now - which for any of a number of morale, football or financial reasons may not be MW's preferred option) is sending him away for longer (3 weeks) to either recognize and acknowledge he was in the wrong or recognize and acknowledge that he has no future with us.

17 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

see in talk sport interview did anyone pick up that he called the manager " warbs"

no gaffer anything found that strange

I've said very little either way about this carry on but I did hear that and my initial thought was it was disrespectful.

Even when Ally was assistant you never heard him call Walter "watty"

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

When leaving he was asked by a reporter "are you still a rangers player" his reply was "I think so, I'm not allowed to comment".  

If he's unsure of his position then I wonder if the suspension is for time to take legal action and rip up his contract. 

Not Allowed To Comment......

Neither was he allowed last week....

21 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

see in talk sport interview did anyone pick up that he called the manager " warbs"

no gaffer anything found that strange

Yes and i thought it was absolutely intentional. As was his plea about Andy Halliday being fine. What wasnt said........was that its MW he has issues with.

I agree re above poster saying JB was looking for Warburton to actually do something and not just analyse. I think it's a good theory. 

Don't get it myself, if it was just words then a 3 week lay off is some punishment. Which suggests there's more than what he was saying on Friday. 

Either that or the fact that he'll be a high earner and we've seen something similar under a previous board with Fran sandaza.

Well.. the only silver lining in this is that it's happened now early in the season.  At least it's been 'sorted' for now and I agree wit many.  He's played his last match for us.

Sad state of affairs.  i thought Joey would be massive for us.

2 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Yes and i thought it was absolutely intentional. As was his plea about Andy Halliday being fine. What wasnt said........was that its MW he has issues with.

I agree re above poster saying JB was looking for Warburton to actually do something and not just analyse. I think it's a good theory. 

Good shout,I know of one current player,who can't believe some of the signings warburtons made

Was always a gamble when we signed him. I think the club are giving him another chance to say he respects the managers authority. Can't see him doing that and that might give the club the right to sack him. Could be drawn out and costly either in legal fees or compensation. If he can't keep quiet for 3 weeks that might breach an agreement made today.

Ridiculous decision to suspend for 3 weeks - bearing in mind also this will be on FULL pay.

Really starting to see a number of chinks in the armour on Warburton's man management style here.  He clearly has bitten off more than he can chew with JB.

This is a time when we need the best of our squad together and pushing in the same direction as we dwindle down the league but instead the club (& manager) is turning this into a circus which will only distract the players form the task in hand