derekweir29

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Age is irrelevant, all employers have a duty to lay out employee expectations, especially if the said employee has previous examples of misconduct.  Stevie Wonder could have  seen tht Barton would comment on twitter.

I don't think that's what's fucked him calling the radio station however you can't have that.

12 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Its a total fuck up , but Haliday has done nothing wrong or the club would have dealt with him , so i will go with the clubs line here and not anything that comes out Bartons mouth.

Don't forget it must have been leaked by someone at the club.  If it was a player they are playing a dangerous game, if it wasn't then trusting the club may be misplaced.

3 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The media will have little to write about regarding this if the club and Barton say nothing, which seems to be the arrangement. Yesterday's news with nothing to add and all that. If Barton speaks he's fucked. Anyway, he's probably gone and the three weeks will be deciding on his exit. Seems the diligent thing to do to me. You really shouldn't proffer solutions when you don't know what's going on or what was discussed at the meeting today. 

Yes I don't know what was discussed at the meeting today, neither do you. Safe to say regardless of what was said I think a monetary fine would have been suffice and would have been a way of moving on from this saga. Nothing would have happened at that meeting today that would have warranted a three week suspension because a HR issue of that nature would require more time and an investigation.

So I think it's safe to say he's been suspended for what has happened over the past few days which goes back to my original point - handled poorly! I would have accepted him being given the suspension if it would have happened on Thursday when the issue first arose, now it's simply dragging on. To say this will not linger over the coming weeks is complete naivety. 

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

And all employees are expected to act like responsible adults.

I'm disappointed how this is all panning out. There are failures on all sides but I trust in the club more than one person.

I would not trust a player on this matter, but the club have handled it in a highly unprofessional manner emanating with the leak.

3 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Safe to say regardless of what was said I think a monetary fine would have been suffice and would have been a way of moving on from this saga. Nothing would have happened at that meeting today that would have warranted a three week suspension because a HR issue of that nature would require more time and an investigation.

So I think it's safe to say he's been suspended for what has happened over the past few days

There you go again with your conjecture and solutions. Thought I warned you about that :D

53 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Totally agree, He could have done something worse but if that was the case they would have sacked him today but they've given him 3 weeks suspension which suggest it's serious but not that serious to warrant a sacking. 

49 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

See your point, I am assuming if he was told not to, that he defied that instruction then he'd be gone today.  That would have been cleaner.

I wonder if piss off till Monday was viewed as a fitting punishment for the first incident.  He has done something since then or something else has been uncovered resulting in today's action. I would guess further it will be relates to him gobbing off.  My guesses however are no better than yours, we don't know.

What I do know is the club will tread very carefully in this situation.  If Barton could demonstrate he was unreasonably forced out (bullied,  harrased, treates unfailry, unworkable conditions - take your pick) of the club and a lucrative contact he could easily come after the club (££££).  Rangers (any large orginisation) unless very stupid will cross dot i's and cross t's when dealing with this type of thing  ..... I hope 

In reflection right enough he should have been told to wisen the fuck up with his mouthing off on twitter way before this 

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

A. He was sent home (unofficially) to reflect as the manager didn't feel his words were appropriate 

B. The as yet unidentified leak went to the Newspapers. All we know for definite is that only Rangers employees knew about the incident.

C. JB Stated on his twitter feed and before his interview with the media that his actions were "To respond to news reports circulating" He was defending his reputation. (Was he told not to?)

The guy was thrown under a bus by the leak.

Those who live by twitter die by twitter.

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

See this whole hyping Barton up for getting Burnley's POTY, really doing my head in, who fucking cares? He's been utter horseshit for us! Personally I don't rate Halliday and had debates over him all last season, but his performances this season have been better than Barton's.

so has most of the team and the manager. Funny how most of the folk roubd here who actually watched the championship rate him and would take him. But then I dont think many of them are desperate for him to fail. 

38 minutes ago, markem said:

Mate how do we know he wasn't told (didn't agree to) keep shtoom when he was originally sent home.  I am guessing here but I get the feeling that he has done something since the original incident that has resulted in today's action.  Would not surprise me one bit if talking to the press about the internal matter is the issue.  Again though, what the fuck do I know  

We dont its better to assume incompetence and use it to have a go.

7 minutes ago, Bertent said:

so has most of the team and the manager. Funny how most of the folk roubd here who actually watched the championship rate him and would take him. But then I dont think many of them are desperate for him to fail. 

This is exactly it mate. Rangers fans seem to enjoy seeing a Rangers player fail. They've hated him before he came to us and enjoy anything that happens they can use against him. The full team is been utter dire but Barton gets it the most. 

7 hours ago, Bydo said:

He's played his last game for us.

He won't be able to keep his mouth shut for three weeks, and will get sacked.

Still waiting on him playing his first!!!

Actually agree with this course of action.If it was any of us we would probably be suspended from our jobs whilst an investigation goes on and then a meeting is agreed to decide the outcome.

I know we all have our views on the matter but never understand why we think footballers should be treated any differently at their workplace than we would in ours.

Indeed most of our rage at the cup final was players being assaulted basically at work and how things have been handled.We can't just pick and choose what areas of employment rights players should have.At the end of the day things have to be done professionally and legally.I believe it's a right all workers no matter their employment should have.

Just found out about this news......what a shambles!  Quickly turning into an horrific couple of months for the club since the start often season, embarrassing doesn't come close.  Everyone can speculate but they'll need to follow HR policy that affects all companies in the UK to avoid unfair dismissal claims against them.  How sad that urs come to this. 

To the folk wanting / expecting him booted out today.

Do you think we have £2m available to pay him off?

Do you think we should have breached contract and told him to beat it without pay?

Would you be happy that after the inevitable tribunal and we were hit with a mega fine for failing to follow disciplinary guidelines  (even though possibly found correct in terms of determining gross misconduct) would you back or blame the board. 

Folk are speaking either with their heart or without thinking at all. Earlier today someone posted we're a football club not a business ffs.

The club appear to have followed set procedures to the letter as much as it's a pain for all that it's not resolved. I'll slate them where deserved but also like here give them credit where deserved.

Footnote. 

This is on the assumption that what happened at the incident, and since with his communications, mean that a reconciliation currently is a non starter.

11 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Just found out about this news......what a shambles!  Quickly turning into an horrific couple of months for the club since the start often season, embarrassing doesn't come close.  Everyone can speculate but they'll need to follow HR policy that affects all companies in the UK to avoid unfair dismissal claims against them.  How sad that urs come to this. 

You have to work for an organisation for two years before you can bring a claim for unfair dismissal unless it was done for reasons that relate to the protected characteristics under The Equality Act 2010 such as race, gender, etc

Just now, Misteral said:

You have to work for an organisation for two years before you can bring a claim for unfair dismissal unless it was done for reasons that relate to the protected characteristics under the equality Act 2010 such as race, gender, etc

Then I stand corrected, doesn't make it any less of a shambles 

7 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

This is exactly it mate. Rangers fans seem to enjoy seeing a Rangers player fail. They've hated him before he came to us and enjoy anything that happens they can use against him. The full team is been utter dire but Barton gets it the most. 

You sound like a child