Barton Suspended three weeks

derekweir29

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

any chance he could be suspended because of that interview then. That goes completely against Warburton harmony with the squad

Has to be, it's more plausible and worse than name calling or a couple of digs in training, He has undermined the whole squad with those comments, Warburton is trying to raise team morale after that defeat and Barton is saying shit like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if no one takes him after this.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Is he really clever or does he just quote people who are?

Clever enough to spend time in jail? Clever enough to start this whole circus?

Maybe he is just a nutter who can't control his temper. That's what I'm starting to think.

Think he's been clever enough to gather a few quid over his career. The controversy that surrounds him appears to make him attractive to MSM punditry and he does come accross wuite articulate on the box.

I think he's created the circus. He's not a top class player by any stretch, but ffs he certainly appears to have the knack to turn controversy of the worst sort into cash.

And as you say a nutter who can't control his temper, but did appear to control it at Burnley at a time when he really needed to, so he can do it. We obviously weren't of that value to him.

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

Has to be, it's more plausible and worse than name calling or a couple of digs in training, He has undermined the whole squad with those comments, Warburton is trying to raise team morale after that defeat and Barton is saying shit like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if no one takes him after this.

That's the craziest thing I have ever read from a footballer I actually think he is mentally unwell.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Why did our management sign this walloper?? What the fuck were they all thinking? Seems to be only Warburton getting stick for this, well Mcparland and weir should aren't without fault for this imo.

Said that when we first signed him,3 stooges add to that hill kranjcar and Kiernan and they really haven't a clue

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Why did our management sign this walloper?? What the fuck were they all thinking? Seems to be only Warburton getting stick for this, well Mcparland and weir should aren't without fault for this imo.

Warburton is very pally with Sean Dyche at Burnley so surely he based his character on the advice from him.

5 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Warburton is very pally with Sean Dyche at Burnley so surely he based his character on the advice from him.

Yeah would have thought so mate, then again even though Barton has a blinder of a season last year maybe dyche was happy to get rid!!

4 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I don't think it was a 'leak' as such in the sneaky sense, we had a presser on Thursday and photographers would likely have noticed Barton wasn't at training and was probably asked and answered off the record by someone within the club either before or after the presser but I'd imagine the club would be fully aware of how it got out.

The journo who found out probably wanted to keep a lid on it until after the presser for an exclusive

And it just happened to be Keith Jackson, who just happened to have details of the accidental leak.  PM me if you are in the market for a bridge, I have one for sale.

9 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Said that when we first signed him,3 stooges add to that hill kranjcar and Kiernan and they really haven't a clue

To be fair mate not every single signing you make is going to work for various reasons. Imo kranjcar will come good but Celtic game was far too early for him. I'm with you with hill I completely don't get that signing. But kiernan for made had all the attributes to be a success but for whatever reason just can't cut it. But for those 3 you have good signings like windass holt tavernier etc.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

To be fair mate not every single signing you make is going to work for various reasons. Imo kranjcar will come good but Celtic game was far too early for him. I'm with you with hill I completely don't get that signing. But kiernan for made had all the attributes to be a success but for whatever reason just can't cut it. But for those 3 you have good signings like windass holt tavernier etc.

I know not every signing works  but it was warburton himself who said we research players backgrounds to see if they have right mentality to play for us and they've got to be hungry, hill as you said is ridiculous signing,kranjcar won't come good because he can't last more than 30 mins ,which is ridiculous for a professional   Footballer, Kiernan is ten a penny defender who floated about in the lower leagues down south,and as Sam allardyce said about Barton.hes a liability,and wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

I know not every signing works  but it was warburton himself who said we research players backgrounds to see if they have right mentality to play for us and they've got to be hungry, hill as you said is ridiculous signing,kranjcar won't come good because he can't last more than 30 mins ,which is ridiculous for a professional   Footballer, Kiernan is ten a penny defender who floated about in the lower leagues down south,and as Sam allardyce said about Barton.hes a liability,and wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Why mention Kiernan?  Big man may not be Piquet but he is an honest pro who has never given less than 100 percent, weird and unfair to compare him to Barton 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Think he's been clever enough to gather a few quid over his career. The controversy that surrounds him appears to make him attractive to MSM punditry and he does come accross wuite articulate on the box.

I think he's created the circus. He's not a top class player by any stretch, but ffs he certainly appears to have the knack to turn controversy of the worst sort into cash.

And as you say a nutter who can't control his temper, but did appear to control it at Burnley at a time when he really needed to, so he can do it. We obviously weren't of that value to him.

Said before- he has a thick footballers idea of what a clever person should say and do. It's all so manufactured it's pathetic. 

Notice most of the usual suspects in the media along with the ones on twitter going into a feeding frenzy about this,That's an easy weeks headlines for them.

Tim Irish seems to be wanking himself silly with it all.

Tom English ‏@BBCTomEnglish  31m

@paulixxone He's been a non-event. A windbag

The complete irony of Tim Irish calling anyone a windbag.

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Why mention Kiernan?  Big man may not be Piquet but he is an honest pro who has never given less than 100 percent, weird and unfair to compare him to Barton 

I didn't see him comparing Kiernan with Barton, but just highlighting him as being a poor signing and frankly Rob can give 100 percent all he wants, he's fucking diabolical.

I guess folk are just using Barton as the scapegoat now though, everyone else in the squad is now ok, sadly the whole team have been shit, and it's not down to Barton. 

Couldn't make it up.

49 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

10 out of 10 at keeping himself in the media. To the detriment of Rangers at times.

What would you give him out of 10 for the match against the unwashed?  Brown was bullying him ffs! Joey is no harder than his last shite. 

Just got a text from someone who works at Murray park. Barton will never kick another ball for us. Believe me or not, that's what I just got told. 

Fucking arrogant scumbag bastard. Shown up for being the shitey deluded player that he is.

Goodbye Joseph, never darken our door again. 

Really disappointed with this. Barton could have done a really good job for Rangers, he was the best player at a club which beat us twice pre-season. No doubting he could have done us a turn.

It just looks like he has had second thoughts and wants out. Rangers can only oblige, give him three months pay and show him the door.

3 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Just got a text from someone who works at Murray park. Barton will never kick another ball for us. Believe me or not, that's what I just got told. 

Fucking arrogant scumbag bastard. Shown up for being the shitey deluded player that he is.

Goodbye Joseph, never darken our door again. 

Did they give any more info into what actually happened to kick all of this off?