What was our best central defensive partnership?

Thermopylae

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

yup, 10 euro games along with the cup games, tarriers finally beat us in the league even though it mattered not much

It's actually the first season I can vaguely remember, spent a lot of it in front of a shitty old black square TV wi the auld man

I remember McSwegans goal, someone's lucky bounce over the keep, Nesbitt maybe? 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

It's actually the first season I can vaguely remember, spent a lot of it in front of a shitty old black square TV wi the auld man

I was only 6 but I remember watching the Leeds away game and my dad going mental when Hately scored that screamer after 1 minute. Miss those days!!!!! ??

28 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Aye mate, James. 

Should've had a great career but got cold feet.

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

George Young & Tiger Shaw

Were they no more fullbacks in a back 3 with Woodburn as centre half? dont know just asking. Sure one of the (even) older Bears will know.

Forsyth and Jackson for me. Growing up with a team who won 2 trebles in three seasons you had a lot of heroes to choose from but big Jaws was a always a favorite.

7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Wilson and Senderos is the two I think we'll end up with.  Kiernan is very good with the ball at his feet but the guy is far too prone to error.  Hill was brought in to cover, not to be a starter.

The worst player I can recall us dig in and worse still Warburton thinks he's decent! Terrible player up there with some of Ally's signings.

16 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Were they no more fullbacks in a back 3 with Woodburn as centre half? dont know just asking. Sure one of the (even) older Bears will know.

Forsyth and Jackson for me. Growing up with a team who won 2 trebles in three seasons you had a lot of heroes to choose from but big Jaws was a always a favorite.

Aye mate they did play in a back 3 of a 3-2-5 but they deserve a mention. 

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Kiernan is good with the ball at his feet.  Slack pass against Celtic but otherwise he's been very calm and composed at the back since he came.  Too bad he's a shit defender.

Well he's the only guy that's calm when he has the ball at his feet as our support have palpitations whenever he has it.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Should've mentioned Willie Woodburn as well, my auld Grandad will be turning in his grave. 

I think in the context of a defensive partnership you were probably correct with Shaw and Young, cause to  mention Woodburn you'd have to bring in Cox and McCall as well, some players...

Cant really talk about Rangers best ever defence without tribute being made to these guys(tu)

Big Tam but... kept, arguably, the best striker ever produced in Britain in his back pocket.

Butcher and Gough for me, both would run through brick walls for us, never say die attitude as was proven by Gough when he scored an equaliser against them at Ibrox when we were down to nine men. Probably the loudest roar I've heard when that happened.  Does anyone remember Paul Rideout playing for us at centre half ?