was joey a risk worth taking

KingKirk

Was joey a risk worth taking  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Was joey a risk worth taking

• Yes
    • No
    • Time will tell

In hindsight yes. Championship player of the year last year, could have added the bite that our midfield was missing. 

After half a dozen games he looks no where near the player he was at Burnley last season, spends too much time talking pish in the press and not enough time doing his talking on the park. 

So do answer your question. No. Wouldn't be disappointed if I never seen him in a Rangers jersey again. 

Yes, the benefit of him doing well would have been good. Rangers can absorb the possibility of him being a bad signing, like the club can with any signing, but the reward could have been good. I'm not sure he will play for us again, which is sad in a sense because it would have been good if he had come and achieved success here.

Obviously his performances so far and the current situation means 99% of people will say no.

At the time, signing him was a no brainer.

Should make this a poll and then if he does actually play for us again after his suspension run it again at the end of the season and compare the results.

Yes it was a deal worth doing.  He's got tremendous amounts of EPL experience and only a few months ago won the English Championship with Burnley.  His time at Rangers isn't over yet and I hope we get 2 great years from Joey.

1 minute ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Since the beginning of JB history, he's always been a fucking choobe - why would it change now - and his next club he'll be a fucking choobe their too.  He's the scousers version of royfuckingkeane.

He was no bother at Burnley only appears to happen at big clubs with massive pressure on him tho

1 minute ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Have we actually seen anything from him that justified the hype?

imho he's looks done a season too far even at this level.

In my opinion it isn't fair to write a player off after 5 games, no matter who the player is or how much experience they have.

Barton ain't been suspended for a month all in (basically) and playing for us again his Rangers playing days finished today IMO

Expect him to line up v sheep now