All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Be interesting to see a poll on the fans feelings regarding Barton now.

1 Barton is worth one last chance as long as his attitude is correct.

2 Let the club go through its process and get rid when they see fit.

3 Fuck him off right now.

4 Never wanted him here in the first place.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's almost certainly never going to play for us again but just out of curiosity.

If the SFA were to ban him for a couple of games for this, would the games we play while we've suspended him count or would their ban kick in after the 3 weeks we've given him?

Knowing the time it takes for the SFA to hold any enquiry it will probably be next season before the case is heard. 

I genuinely believed this guy would do really well for us, I thought he'd turned a corner etc etc and was actually happy we had a bust up because we have been unacceptable in our play.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt but after running to a radio station and then saying stuff like he did in that interview it's clear the guy is looking for a way out.

He's realised quite quickly the difference in playing for a middle of the road English team, where a draw is sometimes acceptable to coming up here and expecting to win every single game. He just hasn't got the mentality for it and it's time to move on.

What a silly rule, as long as it does not affect the team you play for, there should not be a problem. To be honest, have never liked the guy, but it looks like that people are looking for any excuse to put the boot into him.

Fuck me. No way he can come back from from effectively saying he regrets signing for us. Not at all.

It'd be harder to sack him if he was playing a blinder every week and that letting him go could ruin our title chances; but as we all know that's not the situation we're in, so time to cut our losses and bye bye Barton.

Just now, minstral said:

What a silly rule, as long as it does not affect the team you play for, there should not be a problem. To be honest, have never liked the guy, but it looks like that people are looking for any excuse to put the boot into him.

The witch hunt is in full swing now.

9 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing but we signed him because of his season with Burnley in the Championship where by all accounts he was a model player,role model, POTY and in the Championship's team of the year. It did appear that he was more mature and not the JB of old so I don't blame the management for signing him. We all wanted him to be successful but he has fucked up and is unlikely to play for us again. These things happen. 

Indeed very true - but even though the guy has maybe has an excellent year at Burnley - he has a career, including childhood and adulthood as a complete and utter psychotic troublemaker.

8 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

So the scum tried to sign him after they know we were in for him. One cunt of a club so fair play to him coming to us as again I'm sure they offered him more money than we did.

The guys still a Rangers player at the moment and a lot of people shouId remember that. 

No way he knocked the taigs back, he's one of them. Probably touted himself over there once he knew we'd like to sign him..

image.gif

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Be interesting to see a poll on the fans feelings regarding Barton now.

1 Barton is worth one last chance as long as his attitude is correct.

2 Let the club go through its process and get rid when they see fit.

3 Fuck him off right now.

4 Never wanted him here in the first place.

You could have just made one in the time it took you to post this :D

19 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Leak could have came from players, the cleaner, anyone.

Ridiculous to suggest the club is blame worthy and their actions will deter future players.

How about having a closer look at Barton's conduct.

An alleged barney with Halliday.  Allegedly disrespectful to gaffer. Tweeting about it and speaking on talksport.  The Guardian article. Betting.

Fitba performances aside, and religion totally ignored as I don't give a toss, that's the conduct of a knob.

I'm no defending Barton's behavior, There's no doubt he's been a dick.

The barney with Halliday is fuck all imo. Happens every day in clubs up and down the country, and so it should after a hammering like we just had from the scum.

Disrespecting the manager is far more serious and deserving of punishment. When the manager talks all players should shut the fuck up.

The tweets and TalkSport I can understand., The story was growing arms and legs after it was leaked, and Barton said nothing wrong or disrespectful in either but simply put the record straight..

The betting is just stupid on Barton's part and again deserves the fine/ban that will come for it.

Even all together, that lot doesn't merit the fallout that's happening here. We are being led by the mhedia and hysteria of some fans who have blown this out of all proportion.

This would NEVER have happened with Dembele or Sinclair at the scum because the media wouldn't have pushed it that far. JB on the other hand is all over the bbc sport webpage.

Think back to when their high earning, over the hill, bit part player Commons had a similar public spat with Delia and a reported dressing room bust up with another player. The papers made a joke of it.

Sometimes we are our own enemy and shouldn't be. We have enough of them as it is.

So.....if the Sun has an inkling of insight......it seems this is all really about a clash of egos.    But Barton's ego was well known to Warburton and Rangers before he was signed.   Poor judgement in signing him perhaps or poor judgement in believing he could be managed effectively.

My theory - entirely speculative and based on absolutely no knowledge of the events whatsoever (so I guess a job in the Sun could be an option for me) is this......Barton told Warburton that what he tried to do in the OF game was not good enough (that's the version without expletives) and that MW was not good enough as a manager to deliver what Rangers needs.     

Remember that Warburton made a bit of curious statement after the OF game (see italic text below).   Maybe Barton reminded him bluntly about Warburton's share of the blame not only for OF game but for the start to the league campaign.  A line Warburton may have taken as going too far.  With emotions then ruling supreme over cool heads the egos take off and the Club has no alternative but to back the manager.   Its then just a case of how and when this episode is brought to an end ......and how much it costs Rangers for having had Barton as a player but never having got the best out of him before he leaves.  The Barton 'issue' could rumble on for quite a while to come and in doing so provide fertile ground for media speculation.   The Club does like to provide a steady stream of news stories for the press.

MW quote on Rangers website after the OF game  - “There is a fine balance there. We were very aware of being split as a unit, and we didn’t press on the front foot as we normally do- we didn’t show that high-pressing desire in our game, and again that could be a mixed message. “If it is, that’s my fault, nobody else’s fault. ........."

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

If he does return, and I seriously doubt he will, he'll need to have the season of his life before a large number of our fans even think about forgiving and forgetting these fuck ups. 

Half of the people on here that want him chased were the ones that didn't want him signed in the first place.

He could come back and win the league almost singlehanded and have a clean sweep at the player of the year awards at the end of the season and we'd still have people on here moaning he shouldn't be allowed to play for us.

5 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

The story was growing arms and legs after it was leaked, and Barton said nothing wrong or disrespectful in either but simply put the record straight

I apologise unreservedly

Just beacuase you apologise doesn't mean you're wrong and the other person's right

I have nothing to apologise for

Hardly putting the record straight.