All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

8 minutes ago, BF2 said:

He barely 2 months in to his time here. He's had a bad start, but instead of taking it on the chin and working his socks off to improve his game, he has a go at his teammates and manager and throws in the towel, even stating publicly he wish he'd never joined us. What a shitebag.

Given his age this was his last big chance in football but he just can't help himself :power_of_anguish:

9 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Live near Burnley so know a few Burnley fans. Non of them actually wanted him to stay. They feared that he'd be totally out of his depth and get over-run in an area of the field that they needed legs. Him starting for them would have them relegated 100%. Before he went to Burnley, after his wonderful season at Marseille, he was unable to get a Premiership team, which he thought he deserved and merited(anyone noticing a trend here?) Nottingham Forest wanted him, he trained there but couldn't afford his wages, other than that it was Burnley.

Having watched him this season, I am totally shocked that anyone would consider him a decent footballer, a battle hardened CM maybe(although haven't really seen any signs of that?). He's looked so poor on the ball, with passing and control, spacial awareness, the lot, that I would have AH in there before him. I don't consider AH a EPL level footballer, but I honestly believe on the evidence I've seen that he suits our style more than Barton does. 

First part, I'll take your word for it. I don't know any Burnley fans so I can only go on my opinion and the words of the Burnley manager.

Them getting relegated with him in the team is a guess from you as there is no way of proving of that's true or not.

There was 2 seasons at QPR in between his loan at Marseille and signing for Burnley. He was on big wages at QPR and was probably unwilling to lower those demands given that he's admitted previously that signing for them was financially motivated. I'd suggest that might have been more of an issue for any teams looking at him rather than his ability.

7 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

I still hold out hope, even though he is a right cunt. 

I hope it's like when you meet a hot as fuck bird on a night out and you are drunk. You go home and have an exciting shag bit is all a bit hazy the next morning. 

That's the drama of the transfer window signing of Joey. 

So you meet up again, sober. The shagging is not so good as you are both nervous as fuck. The performance is terrible. 

That's the first 5 games of joey's career at Rangers. 

Then you have a massive bust up with the bird over something dumb as fuck, such as how you called one of her friends a wee bit chubby. It turns in to a massive argument and you don't talk for 3 weeks. 

That's where we are now with Joey.

Then finally you speak again and have make up sex and a stellar season of shagging. 

That's what we've got to look forward to. 

He will probably turn out to be an aids riddled whore, but I hold out hope! :lol:

:lol:

He was a horrible cunt before he came, he's a horrible cunt right now and he will continue to be a horrible cunt wherever he ends up, I had a long discussion with my wife's uncle when he signed, I said to him then that I thought it was a poor signing, not because of footballing ability because I believe he has that although he hasn't shown it here, but just because he's a trouble making wee  arsehole, I will always give players a chance when they pull on that jersey, arseholes in life or not, sadly he has turned out to be exactly the type of person I thought him to be , after his behaviour here i sincerely hope he completely fails with whatever else the wee cretin gets involved in.

Whilst I agree with numerous posts in this thread (and we all have opinions) the question remains.....when Mark Warburton (and his back-up team of scouts, etc) approached Barton with a view to signing him they would have been fully aware of his chequered history, so the events of the last week can not be brushed aside as "unlucky"! 

3 minutes ago, BF2 said:

He barely 2 months in to his time here. He's had a bad start, but instead of taking it on the chin and working his socks off to improve his game, he has a go at his teammates and manager and throws in the towel, even stating publicly he wish he'd never joined us. What a shitebag.

Dressing room shocker. Players have spat and gaffer not amused, when one turns on him?

Don't know about the shitebag stuff, but he appears to be human and I would say many in a similar situation in the work place. Getting sold the job at interview and after a week in the job, thinking WTF I am doing here?

From the little we know, he had a dressing room spat, but his big issue appears to be with MW, not the players, who IMHO have little place to talk anyway, if they weren't happy about it, as most have been dross this season and part of last, but have their performances been dross because they are not trying or is it they just don't get their instructions, don't understand the system? Who the fuck knows, but what I do know it's more than a coincidence that so many are continually not doing it. I wish to fuck more players showed that they were unhappy, as what we have been witnessing for a long time is unacceptable.

Then, who says he's not working his socks off? Not one report I know of, but if it's based on performances, then there are many more in that category.

Well why not just hang the fucking guy for having his say when asked and it appears it's the manager who has the problem with the response. Maybe one home truth too many for him, who knows. OK, I can get it if he felt hurt, but he is the fucking manager and should be the bigger man. Barton didn't come here with the rep of an angel ffs. Sure, he stepped out of line and is being punished for it. Not good enough, let's just lynch him.

Sensitive souls indeed that don't posses a mirror.

21 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

First part, I'll take your word for it. I don't know any Burnley fans so I can only go on my opinion and the words of the Burnley manager.

Them getting relegated with him in the team is a guess from you as there is no way of proving of that's true or not.

There was 2 seasons at QPR in between his loan at Marseille and signing for Burnley. He was on big wages at QPR and was probably unwilling to lower those demands given that he's admitted previously that signing for them was financially motivated. I'd suggest that might have been more of an issue for any teams looking at him rather than his ability.

If your a fan of Joey Barton then you can paint the picture that he was a decent footballer, plagued by his inability to actually keep his mouth shut, a scally who couldn't avoid trouble. Things outwith football hampering his possibilities.

I've seen him play a handful of games for our team, which is all that really matters, he's not good enough for Rangers as a footballer or a person. 

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I'm not asking for it word by word. 

A simple, he had an argument with the manager and called into question the managers ability to do his job. 

End of speculation and we know exactly why he got suspended. 

With the exception of MW we don't handle the press very well, never have done.  

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Dressing room shocker. Players have spat and gaffer not amused, when one turns on him?

Don't know about the shitebag stuff, but he appears to be human and I would say many in a similar situation in the work place. Getting sold the job at interview and after a week in the job, thinking WTF I am doing here?

From the little we know, he had a dressing room spat, but his big issue appears to be with MW, not the players, who IMHO have little place to talk anyway, if they weren't happy about it, as most have been dross this season and part of last, but have their performances been dross because they are not trying or is it they just don't get their instructions, don't understand the system? Who the fuck knows, but what I do know it's more than a coincidence that so many are continually not doing it. I wish to fuck more players showed that they were unhappy, as what we have been witnessing for a long time is unacceptable.

Then, who says he's not working his socks off? Not one report I know of, but if it's based on performances, then there are many more in that category.

Well why not just hang the fucking guy for having his say when asked and it appears it's the manager who has the problem with the response. Maybe one home truth too many for him, who knows. OK, I can get it if he felt hurt, but he is the fucking manager and should be the bigger man. Barton didn't come here with the rep of an angel ffs. Sure, he stepped out of line and is being punished for it. Not good enough, let's just lynch him.

Sensitive souls indeed that don't posses a mirror.

Yes of course this happens, but how many people do you know have went in to a new job after telling the world how good they're going to be at it, and how they'll be much better than every other member of staff, then after doing all this shouting, being totally shite?

I've not said once that Barton has been the only bad performer in the team, or even the worst performer, but considering how much he bigged himself up, I think we were entitled to expect more from him. He doesn't even have the balls to try and stay and make amends for himself. If he really wanted to stay he wouldn't have done interviews on the radio and in papers against the club's wishes. He clearly wants out.

32 minutes ago, Number5 said:

If your a fan of Joey Barton then you can paint the picture that he was a decent footballer, plagued by his inability to actually keep his mouth shut, a scally who couldn't avoid trouble. Things outwith football hampering his possibilities.

I've seen him play a handful of games for our team, which is all that really matters, he's not good enough for Rangers as a footballer or a person. 

Wouldn't say I'm a fan of him. I think he's a very good footballer when he's on form but he carries a lot of baggage which more often than not makes him more hassle than he's worth.

If we're saying he's not good enough for Rangers based on a handful of performances this season then there's only 2 or 3 players who are actually good enough for us when you apply the same logic to the whole squad.

There's a hundred reasons why we should get rid of him but being a shite footballer isn't one of them IMO. Your opinion obviously differs so let's just agree to disagree or we'll be here all night and I'm getting ready to head to the game, first one I've managed to make since the Hamilton game so hoping we get a result and kickstart this miserable season.

If you actually look at the reality of Joey Barton, he is 34 and has a book coming out and he has to sell himself with his opinions. The guy would give an opinion on a can of tomatoes. He is aiming for the ghastly world of football pundits to get paid hundreds of thousands to sit around talking utter shite. He has to be controversial to achieve that, otherwise no one will employ him due to past actions.

It is only his mouth that has kept him relevant. 

12 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Wouldn't say I'm a fan of him. I think he's a very good footballer when he's on form but he carries a lot of baggage which more often than not makes him more hassle than he's worth.

If we're saying he's not good enough for Rangers based on a handful of performances this season then there's only 2 or 3 players who are actually good enough for us when you apply the same logic to the whole squad.

There's a hundred reasons why we should get rid of him but being a shite footballer isn't one of them IMO. Your opinion obviously differs so let's lost agree to disagree or we'll be here all night and I'm getting ready to head to the game, first one I've managed to make since the Hamilton game so hoping we get a result and kickstart this miserable season.

He's not a very good footballer. He's never been a very good footballer. He's a very good self promoter. His career has been average at best and he'd have faded into obscurity were it not for Twitter. 

4 hours ago, JamieD said:

He has never been able to handle himself when things got tough. He didn't prove he could at Burnley, things didn't get tough there. That's my point. His task at Burnley was much different to what Warburton has expected of him, which was that a selfish volatile hothead who only appears to care about himself could somehow, in his 30s, go into a volatile, high pressure campaign with intense scrutiny and become a selfless, calm, mature leader just because he managed to go one season with Burnley in the Championship without assaulting anyone or calling his team-mates cunts.

In the last 3 years he has had one red card which is pretty good for a DM or even centre midfield. Team-mates and opponents both said he was much more relaxed and in control hence why he was voted into the Championship team of the year. I just think he is not 100% yet and the pace of the game is leaving him behind. In all honesty I'd prefer Rossiter in there with Holt and McKay as the ones doing the pressing in front of him. With one fullback bombing on it gives 3 attacking mids when we have the ball to supply the wingers/forwards.

I'd love to see Rossiter getting a long run in the team when fit and think that midfield with MOH and Harry in front would terrorise defences with pace and movement.

10 minutes ago, gsa said:

He's not a very good footballer. He's never been a very good footballer. He's a very good self promoter. His career has been average at best and he'd have faded into obscurity were it not for Twitter. 

Fair point. 

I heard the player of the year awards at Burney last season was actually done via a Twitter poll.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Fair point. 

I heard the player of the year awards at Burney last season was actually done via a Twitter poll.

The guys been chased from every big club he's even been at. 

An effective season for burnley in the championship doesn't make him a great player.