All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

Whilst I can see why Boyd would have this opinion, and as much as Barton is a complete arse head, I don't believe he joined Rangers purely to create a media storm.  It has certainly benefited his book sales but I do think at first he was genuinely pleased to be a Rangers player.

Also have to disagree about 'Broony' ( :anguish: ).  He's spoke out of his arse a number of times in his career, most recently at the start of this season when he totally dismissed Rangers as title challengers.

They cunts havny earned our respect yet .,as for Broony (:drugang:) he was giving it men v boys after the game n other shite .so fuck him n that club 

15 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Rangers legend Ian Black has backed Joey Barton to bounce back from the controversies surrounding him and make an impact in Scotland.

Black was at the centre of a gambling scandal in September 2013, when he was suspended and fined for breaching Scottish FA rules on football betting.

On Tuesday it emerged that Barton is under investigation for the same offence, only a day after he was handed a three-week suspension by the Ibrox club for a training ground spat with teammate Andy Halliday and manager Mark Warburton.

The Gers midfielder has been no stranger to the headlines during his chequered playing career, but Black has denied the suggestion his spell in Scottish football could be over already.

“Listen, he has been in worse situations and come through them stronger," the current Shrewsbury player told the Daily Record.

"I know for a fact that Joey will be fine. It’s just another ruffle of his feathers and nothing he can’t handle. He can handle anything. That’s just Joey for you. You can throw anything at him and he’ll take it with both hands.

“I can’t comment on the gambling but as a footballer you need to be strong internally to deal with whatever comes your way. Joey knows he’s capable of playing at any level, he came up to Scotland to play and I’m sure he’ll prove people wrong. He has done it in the past and I’m sure he will do again.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14755475.Joey_Barton_can_handle_anything_and_will_make_an_impact_at_Rangers__says_Ian_Black/

Naughty ;)

19 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Rangers legend Ian Black has backed Joey Barton to bounce back from the controversies surrounding him and make an impact in Scotland.

Black was at the centre of a gambling scandal in September 2013, when he was suspended and fined for breaching Scottish FA rules on football betting.

On Tuesday it emerged that Barton is under investigation for the same offence, only a day after he was handed a three-week suspension by the Ibrox club for a training ground spat with teammate Andy Halliday and manager Mark Warburton.

The Gers midfielder has been no stranger to the headlines during his chequered playing career, but Black has denied the suggestion his spell in Scottish football could be over already.

“Listen, he has been in worse situations and come through them stronger," the current Shrewsbury player told the Daily Record.

"I know for a fact that Joey will be fine. It’s just another ruffle of his feathers and nothing he can’t handle. He can handle anything. That’s just Joey for you. You can throw anything at him and he’ll take it with both hands.

“I can’t comment on the gambling but as a footballer you need to be strong internally to deal with whatever comes your way. Joey knows he’s capable of playing at any level, he came up to Scotland to play and I’m sure he’ll prove people wrong. He has done it in the past and I’m sure he will do again.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14755475.Joey_Barton_can_handle_anything_and_will_make_an_impact_at_Rangers__says_Ian_Black/

If you are going to edit the content before posting, at least make it believable.

The real article says "Sevco Legend Ian Black....."

I think there are a fair few people on here who must be bipolar :disappointment:

Going from deep depression to something like elation in a few short days. Like a few others have said, don't think I'll be getting carried away until we've won a few more league games. Starting with the livestock molesters at the weekend.