All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Just get Barton completely to fuck. I was hugely hopeful he would stroll this league given his exploits last season but he just simply isn't cut out to play for a team who dominate the ball. He lacks creativity, wants to take too many touches and thinks he is Steven Gerrard with some of his passes that go straight to the opposition. If he tried that down South someone would tell him to reign it in. And if anyone was trying that shit last year who wasn't a "name" they would be told to keep it simple and stick to our way of playing.

I thought he would be MUCH stronger mentally. It's all well and good strolling around in a QPR or Burnley shirt and winning the league but winning the league is a bonus to these teams. Winning the league is EXPECTED at Rangers. His comments on would he have signed in hindsight also fucked me off. He said no. In hindsight of what? The fact he is a complete bellend who can't keep his mouth shut, have respect for his own manager or actually be good enough on the park to play for a top end club in Scotland? Yes Joey, if I'd known if we had known you'd be shite on and off the park for us we probably wouldn't have signed you in hindsight either.

If anything at least this will have shown the cunts down South that our league isn't the walk in the park they think it is. Cunts like Kevin McNaughton have won the English Championship. To say the quality in that league is head and shoulders above Rangers and Celtic is utter dross. There's just more depth. And that's before you even get into the fact that even they have stupid amounts more money. 

The main reason for getting Joey to fuck is that his attitude is disgusting and is detrimental to the team spirit and club reputation. The second and almost as important reason for getting Joey to fuck is that he has been complete garbage on the park. Nobody gives a fuck what he done last year or the years before in the Championship. In the SPFL he has been utter shite. People go on about him winning the Championship a few times... he's also been dumped out the Premiership a few times with QPR and Newcastle. Rangers have had midfielders before who done just fine in the Premiership - Davis and Ferguson spring to mind. Barton isn't in the class of either on or off the pitch and should realise he is nothing special. If he won't leave for nothing then just shove him in the reserves and let him rot for the rest of his career. Even if he does make a grovelling apology and somehow completely fix his personality - he is not worthy of a place on the pitch on footballing ability alone anyway.

4 hours ago, BF2 said:

Does anybody else have a sneaky feeling he'll play for us again?

I'm very much against him staying but I can see him sweet talking his way back in to Warburton's plans.

Probably we don't have the money to get rid of him, so it is a definite possibility, depends on how he acts over the next few weeks and if he apologizes to the manager.   

IF he does play for us again, expect him to do something outrageous on the park for attention and to ingratiate himself with the fans.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

No, I'm saying the Lawyer and the reporter were implying things. Agenda  yes I think so. End of. I'm not speaking about JB any more, I'm moving on and supporting those who want to play for Rangers

I can't believe you're still sticking with that theory. 

Are you not aware that Rfc52 was taking the piss with that post that you seem to think backs you up? :lol:

4 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Too much water under the bridge for that now I think 

Is there really? I mean what has really been said since Monday? A quote saying he might not have moved here had he known there would be this hassle but in the end he knows it will be the right choice. The Mhedia have gotten our fans into such a frenzy about him it's unreal. The club and manager need to shoulder some of the blame over this as well. Barton is being hung out to dry before he's had a fair crack at the whip.

1 minute ago, Dietspam said:

Is there really? I mean what has really been said since Monday? A quote saying he might not have moved here had he known there would be this hassle but in the end he knows it will be the right choice. The Mhedia have gotten our fans into such a frenzy about him it's unreal. The club and manager need to shoulder some of the blame over this as well. Barton is being hung out to dry before he's had a fair crack at the whip.

I would have said similar myself with the initial weeks suspension but why ask him to stay away for another three weeks rather than draw a line under it?  That's what makes me think there's no going back there's a lot more to this than we know publicly

I'm probably being naive here, but I hope the whole situation can be resolved all round, by all parties. Whatever way, as long as it's for the betterment of The Rangers FC. That's all that matters. Principal's before personality's. Always.

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I would have said similar myself with the initial weeks suspension but why ask him to stay away for another three weeks rather than draw a line under it?  That's what makes me think there's no going back there's a lot more to this than we know publicly

I think it's more warburton had to stamp his authority so no one else will chin him about a plan b during games 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Yeah i agree that asking him to stay away looks like we are trying to cut a deal with him, or giving him rope to...you know...It's a stupid decision by the club and one that i am really annoyed about. He isn't fit now, and will be miles behind if he ever did come back. They have let the media stir this up and fans are buying into these headlines like Barton wanted Celtic move, he wouldn't move here now etc etc...Because Barton can't talk now, he can't say it's a lot of shite for fear of giving the club an excuse to terminate his contract. Not only have fans bought into this media frenzy, we have Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd wading in as if they were angels at the club. Their conduct was shocking when PLG was the manager. Each day now it's getting harder and harder for him to return with everyone turning their backs on him. I say, if he remains a Rangers player, we back him 100% and if not we just move on. But until then we should just leave it. Some of the stuff that's been said to him by our fans is shocking.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I'm probably being naive here, but I hope the whole situation can be resolved all round, by all parties. Whatever way, as long as it's for the betterment of The Rangers FC. That's all that matters. Principal's before personality's. Always.

I hope too. I mean we have managed to get a great player down here. We have seen flashes of him stepping up. Could be the been the adrenaline rush kicking in after a half time roasting as it's clear he is not fit. Pre season he fucked about because he couldn't go to the US. As Boyd said, he should have been at Murray park.

2 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Yeah i agree that asking him to stay away looks like we are trying to cut a deal with him, or giving him rope to...you know...It's a stupid decision by the club and one that i am really annoyed about. He isn't fit now, and will be miles behind if he ever did come back. They have let the media stir this up and fans are buying into these headlines like Barton wanted Celtic move, he wouldn't move here now etc etc...Because Barton can't talk now, he can't say it's a lot of shite for fear of giving the club an excuse to terminate his contract. Not only have fans bought into this media frenzy, we have Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd wading in as if they were angels at the club. Their conduct was shocking when PLG was the manager. Each day now it's getting harder and harder for him to return with everyone turning their backs on him. I say, if he remains a Rangers player, we back him 100% and if not we just move on. But until then we should just leave it. Some of the stuff that's been said to him by our fans is shocking.

A can put up with out fans being fikle bit boyd and Ferguson can both get to fuck Ferguson going on about attitude? I still think if mcleish hadn't brought him back he would have been manager a little longer 

and boyd going on about someone not being fit enough is the best I have ever heard 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Probably we don't have the money to get rid of him, so it is a definite possibility, depends on how he acts over the next few weeks and if he apologizes to the manager.   

IF he does play for us again, expect him to do something outrageous on the park for attention and to ingratiate himself with the fans.

Something outrageous?

Like dominate a match? Take a decent corner? Find an early pass? 

Allowing him to join on July 1st was the biggest mistake. 34 years old without a proper pre-season, and too arrogant to put the work in to catch up.

He could've been brilliant, but I'm done. Let's move on without him.

11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Lets be honest troops he's either playing the game knowing he will never play again. Or has finally understands that he must do as he's told or he's had it. Cancelled interviews etc tells me he's in keep the head Doon mode.

Stable door, horses bolted....springs to mind!

8 minutes ago, gsa said:

Stable door, horses bolted....springs to mind!

agreed snippet from tomorrows sun

Speaking at the launch of his autobiography ‘No Nonsense’ in London last night, the Englishman insisted he wanted the opportunity to make amends to boss Warburton for the humiliating 5-1 Old Firm thrashing earlier this month.

When he appeared on stage last night Winter explained that out of respect for Rangers he was going to skirt around the suspension issue to which Barton chipped in: “Otherwise I will get the sack.”

7 hours ago, InWarburtonWeTrust said:

Something outrageous?

Like dominate a match? Take a decent corner? Find an early pass? 

Allowing him to join on July 1st was the biggest mistake. 34 years old without a proper pre-season, and too arrogant to put the work in to catch up.

He could've been brilliant, but I'm done. Let's move on without him.

None of what you describe is actually outrageous, I expect the lunatic would do something stupid and outrageous,, think violent tackle and use your imagination, I'd put nothing past him.