All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

16 minutes ago, OhW said:

Yes, and I labelled your differing opinion "delusional appeasement". If you can't handle people having a different opinion to you then maybe a forum isn't the right place for you.

I've no issue with people having a different opinion to me. Generally when people insist on quoting me regarding my opinion though it's followed by some form of discussion or debate, you on the other hand have quoted me 3 times now without actually making any sort of valid point.

Make one or fuck off eh?

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Yawn. You know what my original point was. Your relentless defending of Barton, in spite of all the building evidence against him, is tiresome. 

Relentless defending? I've said on more than one occasion that if he doesn't accept responsibility and apologise to the manager that we should get rid. Just because I've not jumped on the bandwagon to get rid of him immediately doesn't mean I agree with everything he's done.

Ironic that you can complain anything is tiresome when you've been quoting me all day and saying nothing of any relevance. Away and up your post count with someone else.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

If the manager gives him a second chance would he get your backing?

It would take a very very long time for him to earn any of my respect back. Just my opinion but he's made a complete arse out of himself, the club and the fans. 

22 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You must have missed the semi final with the tarriers in 2015, Black put in the most cowardly performance I've ever seen that day... 

He's an arrogant wee shit bag who was out his depth at Rangers

80% of the squad were out of their depth, not really their fault, Black "Majority of games" gave 100% , everyone played shit in that O/F game

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Manager, yes.  Player, no.

Cannot believe how worked up folks are getting over this, calm down ffs.  Personally I am more concerned about this coming Sunday.

50 minutes ago, OhW said:

Yes, and I labelled your differing opinion "delusional appeasement". If you can't handle people having a different opinion to you then maybe a forum isn't the right place for you.

"Delusional appeasement"? You are off your rocker.

Delusional appeasement, may just be levelled at our board and manager in this case, but generally one would render that a positive for SNPIRA voters and bridge builders. Oops, there's that board again!

However, if you were so shining bright, doing a bit of knowledge management and lessons learned, you might just have noticed in all this, Barton is the man. Now, none of it makes a good boy, but apply a bit of RCA and cause and effect and you might just find out who the delusional appeasers are. Have a think about that, if you can be ersed that is. Otherwise, no matter.

:mutley:

1 hour ago, AljayBoy said:

Haha, just done the survey sent out by the club and one of the (many) questions was who's your favourite gers player, and guess whose name was top of the list? :pipe:

Mind you is was in alphabetical order, but still, thought it was funny...

Me too. Got my eyes on a signed match ball, save buying the Mrs a Christmas present. 

Not going anywhere then , will we have to wait until his suspension is over to find out ? 

Or is this JB digging his heals in ? 

Joey Barton has told Rangers fans he "can't wait" to get back playing for the Ibrox side despite his club ban.

The English midfielder has been suspended by manager Mark Warburton for three weeks following a training ground incident.

However, Barton, responding to fans on Twitter, has pledged that he is "not going anywhere".

He wrote: "Can't wait to get back and show what (I) am about. Came to be successful. Nothing's changed."

In another tweet to the same fan he reiterated his desire to stay at Ibrox.

"Not going anywhere, happy to be judged after the season," he continued. "Played eight games. Had to use some for fitness as had no pre season."

And to another fan he said: "Never ran from a challenge in my life, Amy. Not about to start now."

He also backed Rangers to bounce back from their disappointing start to the Scottish Premiership season, with just nine points from six games leaving them already four points behind champions Celtic, having played one game more.

Barton was heavily criticised for his performance in the 5-1 defeat by Celtic.

"People far too quick to write (us) off," he said. "Celtic game was [Barton's own] first competitive loss since 28th Dec 2015, that includes training. Thirty plus games."

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I don't want him anywhere near Rangers but if he does get another chance, comes back and plays out his skin then this'll be quickly forgotten about. Football fans are fickle. 

That being said, I can't see it happening. He just hasn't got the character, clearly. 

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I hope he's finished at us. 

He's shown already that his quality is outweighed by negatives. Someone put it perfectly earlier, 'Players should be honoured to play for Rangers, Barton thinks Rangers should be honoured he plays for us'.

I also think if Warburton lets him back in, he'll be on his way to no longer being our manager. 

Hey, that was me who put it perfectly?

I'm not even giving a fuck about him anymore, Sunday is the priority now.

See how quickly a useless wee tadger like Barton gets forgotten about.

3 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

80% of the squad were out of their depth, not really their fault, Black "Majority of games" gave 100% , everyone played shit in that O/F game

black never just played shit, he actually shit himself from the lego muncher, got bullied and went in half arsed for challenges it was embarrassing...

Everyone did play shite that day and black wasn't the only shitebag on the pitch but it's black we were talking about in this thread.

Gave 100% in the majority of games... meh, need to disagree with that, I remember when he used to play against us for hearts and would kick everything that moved, never pulled out a challenge and seemed to be all over the pitch breaking up play or setting up moves. That was him giving 100%.  I never saw him perform like that in our midfield.

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Yes. Afterall, none of us knows the whole story. I would back MW's decision but Barton would have to improve on and off the park before he is fit to call himself a Ranger.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Yes. Afterall, none of us knows the whole story. I would back MW's decision but Barton would have to improve on and off the park before he is fit to call himself a Ranger.

I agree 100% (tu)

Joe's interview on Talksport about his autobiography

http://talksport.com/football/listen-joey-barton-opens-about-exhaustive-autobiography-talksport-160922210901?

3 hours ago, WilliamFyfe said:

He's been telling fans he'll come back fighting. :pipe:

:craphead: Fishing!

He wasn't in fighting condition before his suspension. His match fitness will decrease over the 4 weeks out..He will have an SFA suspension for gambling too.

Guy won't be match fit until early December.

I still think there is a twist to this saga, I reckon he will come back and fight for a place. Joey is  a contrary character, everyone thinks his tea is out but he probably then wants to stick it people and prove he is a valuable player. Being a bit optimistic, but I hope there is a resolution.