All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Unless you were there, then none of us knows what happened. All we can do is trust MW's final decision. 

The choice is indeed Mark's and I will back whatever decision he makes. His job may count on it afterall.

Doesn't stop JoeYYY being an immature, uneducated attention seeking buffoon.

maturity develops, but not in a straight line. Barton understands, identifies with rangers, but he can't help shitting in his own nest now and again. He'll make the same mistakes over and over , just like Gascoigne. The question is whether he can stop thinking out loud and focus on being the best footballer he can be. The answer to questions about whether he can be a leader, a role model, or simply a good servant to rangers and anything else will be arise from that.

32 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Firstly, someone else edited the book, so it isn't all Joey's words. Strange that a guy who has such a huge ego and likes to make out he is intelligent can't write his own book. Afterall, the life of Joey Barton is his favourite subject. No research required. 

Maybe Joey should get his editor to run his Twitter account. Save us all a headache.

Secondly, bigging Rangers up means nothing if you later abuse the staff and Club who put faith in you.

I would suggest 99.9% of autobiographies are by ghost writers.

1 minute ago, will2203 said:

Sweetheart, you need to get out more to get over your infatuation with this rancid piece of scum. 

I'm trying to understand why he feels the need to big himself up. The guy can play.

To me it's like a woman boasting about her bra size, when seconds later the chicken fillet that was bolstering them up falls out. To reveal a decent pair that do the job. Why do they think they need a 'false' bigger, when what they naturally have is enough?

17 hours ago, jamess said:

Bottom line is,  he's not good enough to be in the team,  so best to get shot of him.

In his mind he's as good as Gazza was but if he was he'd worth the trouble.

The fact is he's only ever done well in the English second tier and Rangers are too big for him. He thought he could stroll it but Warburton said in the summer he told every new signing how physically competitive it is in Scotland and you have to be right at it as a Rangers player. He'd have stayed at Burnley but even he knew he wasn't up to the Premier League as he was crap last time for QPR.

Where I do agree with Barton is the signings in the summer weren't good enough to get Rangers back to the top in Scotland while Celtic were signing Scott Sinclair,Toure and Moussa Dembele. Ironically his signing was a big part of the problem.

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

So did Barton say he wishes he didn't sign? If he did then he can get fucked. 

He said knowing what he knows now, if he had the choice again would he still make the same decision? Probably not. But in time it will prove to be the right one.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What does he know now?

That we wont take any of his cringey shite and boot his useless are from our side until he cleans up his act?

Sorry Joey but yer just another player now, nothing special.

Wish he had elaborated on that bit myself tbh. Could mean anything really.

On 22/09/2016 at 2:59 PM, Supersonic said:

IF he comes back, he has to accept / realise that Warburton is in charge, not him, and that our club is far, far bigger than he could ever dream of being. He also needs to start respecting the job and the people around him. He should also have to earn his spot and not be just handed games. His performances so far haven't warranted him starting automatically. That's IF he comes back...

I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff he's saying about wanting to come back and play more old firms etc, is just so if he does get cut, he can say well I made it clear I wanted to come back and give it my all and play for Rangers but they cut me... 

I don't have any confidence he can get past his own arrogance / ego problems. He'll still continue to think he's the best player in the league / team even though he certainly isn't close and hasn't earned that title yet. I can't see him being able to handle criticism from players he sees as being below him all of a sudden either.

I like Barton, was excited for him coming, he came under criticism for his performances, to be honest I think folk were overreacting and I thought Barton was good and folk were just being overly critical. I was looking forward to seeing him this season.

But at the same time I agree with you, his reaction to whats happened has been ridiculous and childish. And while id like to see him as a player I simply cannot see him getting over his ego, he thinks hes the ticket. He thinks hes a world class footballer and a celebrity, when at the very most hes a bottom table Premiership team type player who is living in a fantasy and his ego is so big that he'll never get over it.

Im conflicted as fuck over this. Part of me hopes he fucks up just so we can cut out losses and grt rid of him. But at the same time if that happens ill always wonder how he would have played for us.

He needs to stop being a fucking dick, grow up and show this Club some respect and play some fucking football instead of running his big stupid scouse gub. If he cant do that then he can tale a flying fuck to himself and honestly wont be that sorely missed.

51 minutes ago, Willis said:

He needs to stop being a fucking dick, grow up and show this Club some respect and play some fucking football instead of running his big stupid scouse gub. If he cant do that then he can tale a flying fuck to himself and honestly wont be that sorely missed.

100% man (tu)

1 hour ago, Willis said:

I like Barton, was excited for him coming, he came under criticism for his performances, to be honest I think folk were overreacting and I thought Barton was good and folk were just being overly critical. I was looking forward to seeing him this season.

But at the same time I agree with you, his reaction to whats happened has been ridiculous and childish. And while id like to see him as a player I simply cannot see him getting over his ego, he thinks hes the ticket. He thinks hes a world class footballer and a celebrity, when at the very most hes a bottom table Premiership team type player who is living in a fantasy and his ego is so big that he'll never get over it.

Im conflicted as fuck over this. Part of me hopes he fucks up just so we can cut out losses and grt rid of him. But at the same time if that happens ill always wonder how he would have played for us.

Nail head hit, my good man (except that I've never exactly been enamoured of him, tbh.). I'd be willing to give him a chance to redeem himself, but he has a long way to go in my eyes to undo the damage he did by rabbitting on when he got here (and obviously for the Halliday bust-up as well). Shut your mouth and do your talking on the pitch; IF you come back, keep your head down and give 110% every game - you can win the fans back in time, but no question you've made yourself a mountain to climb to get to that spot.