All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

7 hours ago, The Godfather said:

What does he know now?

That we wont take any of his cringey shite and boot his useless are from our side until he cleans up his act?

Sorry Joey but yer just another player now, nothing special.

He knows that there are decent journeyman players way better than him atm, if you watched any of his games without knowing who he was you might be forgiven for  thinking Dragan was back.

Barton has been a big let-down for me. I thought he would've strolled through this league, He thought so too.

Him & Niko, have both been massive disappointments for me, because I know that they are better than what they've shown, so far. Maybe their legs have gone? However, with Joey his mind looks gone also...

You know what? If he keeps his mouth shut, learns that being a Ranger demands more decorum and respect than all the other two bit clubs he's been at, and accepts he and nobody else is bigger than the club, then I'm willing to give him another chance. He'll then need to win his place back fairly and play like we all know he can.

It's a lot to ask of him just now- but let's see.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I can understand a lot of people being angry at Barton, just as I am, but I think some of this is going too far.

At this moment in time he is still a Rangers player - no matter what some people will try to make you believe.

It's for that matter I think the ridicule and the resentment should be calmed, he might still come back and be an important player for us - no one knows for sure what's going to happen.

Personally, for all my anger at Barton at this moment in time, I still feel that laughing along with media pricks who are more than willing to take the piss out of the situation and our club means we are joining the let's take the piss out of Rangers parade.

It was a general comment on his career and you can't really argue with the assessment, I found it both amusing and insightful (a rare thing from Lawrenson). I think even Joey himself would see some truth in the comment. Its by no means 'taking the piss' out of Rangers'.

I have called out those who really do want to stick the knife in but this was an entirely different thing to what you seem to be suggesting. I don't resent Joey at all, I think he has handled this situation poorly at some points but its entirely down to him and MW how things develop when he returns to Auchenhowie.

I have heard from an investor in the club that Barton won't play again for us and is trying to work a way back to Burnley.

Seemingly the main focus of Bartons rants and as it was put to me, bully type behaviour was towards Barrie Mckay. Barton has been hugely critical and slaughtered him. 

That was reason Halliday got involved, to stick up for McKay and things grew from there. 

On 23 September 2016 at 0:26 PM, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Firstly, someone else edited the book, so it isn't all Joey's words. Strange that a guy who has such a huge ego and likes to make out he is intelligent can't write his own book. Afterall, the life of Joey Barton is his favourite subject. No research required. 

Maybe Joey should get his editor to run his Twitter account. Save us all a headache.

Secondly, bigging Rangers up means nothing if you later abuse the staff and Club who put faith in you.

I can count on one hand the number of people who wrote their autobiography without a ghost-writer and editor. 

Even just taking into account the time needed to compile a first draft would put it beyond most without external help and support

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I have heard from an investor in the club that Barton won't play again for us and is trying to work a way back to Burnley.

Seemingly the shoe focus of Bartons rants and as it was put to me, bully type behaviour was towards Barrie Mckay. Barton has been hugely critical and slaughtered him. 

That was reason Halliday got involved, to stick up for McKay and things grew from there. 

A taxi driver told me he was caught drinking his jiggery pokery muju juju hokey cokey holy water in the canteen at Auchenhowie and Andy threw a bigoted orange at him.

41 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Fucking stupid name - a fucking budgie that cannie keep his coupon shut.

Imagine, I'm sure even the scousers are embarrassed by him.

Fucking stupid name for a fucking stupid cunt!

i think you meant even the tarrier scousers would be embarrassed by him. The decent scousers are embarrassed for us.

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

You know what? If he keeps his mouth shut, learns that being a Ranger demands more decorum and respect than all the other two bit clubs he's been at, and accepts he and nobody else is bigger than the club, then I'm willing to give him another chance. He'll then need to win his place back fairly and play like we all know he can.

It's a lot to ask of him just now- but let's see.

All he needs to do is behave as he did last season when he appeared to have turned a corner. I imagne there is an amount of frustration at his own performances that have fuelled the current situation. He maybe underestimated the scale of the task he set when he signed up, you are right though, if he can get his head down and demonstrate the ability he has and an attitude that has eluded him thus far, then he should be welcomed back as he will be a real asset.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I can count on one hand the number of people who wrote their autobiography without a ghost-writer and editor. 

Even just taking into account the time needed to compile a first draft would put it beyond most without external help and support

That may well have happened.

Just passing on what I was told. Guy is a family friend, multi millionaire who puts lot into the club. 

Same guy I spoke about months ago who was golfing with Barton at loch lomond. ?

17 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It was a general comment on his career and you can't really argue with the assessment, I found it both amusing and insightful (a rare thing from Lawrenson). I think even Joey himself would see some truth in the comment. Its by no means 'taking the piss' out of Rangers'.

I have called out those who really do want to stick the knife in but this was an entirely different thing to what you seem to be suggesting. I don't resent Joey at all, I think he has handled this situation poorly at some points but its entirely down to him and MW how things develop when he returns to Auchenhowie.

My comment wasn't completely aimed at you either mate, it was using your comment to try and explain in general that some people are taking this a bit too far. You're by far not the worst offender.

I'll not say much against Barton while he is with us. I do think that the suspension will galvanise the rest of squad. Club and Gaffer will get respect from the players for this. May even get some more from Barton, should he think this through and return hungry for football.

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Seemingly the main focus of Bartons rants and as it was put to me, bully type behaviour was towards Barrie Mckay. Barton has been hugely critical and slaughtered him. 

Burnley signed Hendrick and Defour (both midfielders ) for 17m, and this week the manager closed the door on a return, so I think that ships sailed.

As a midfielder in the Championship team of season there should be no shortage of suitors for him.