All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

34 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I debate the possible scenarios not conspiracy theories in threads. Debating worst case scenarios helps develop a clearer picture on what pitfalls that may come. As I said some people choose to debate the possible scenarios to make things make sense to them, others just want ignore situations and look on the bright side both are equally important to a balanced debate 

Perhaps...when done so from a neutral perspective. You see what you want to see, rather than what the evidence supports. That is no way to promote balanced debate, quite the opposite in fact.

Multiple times I and other posters pointed out to you that JB betting charge was for bets placed between 1st July and September, as per the SFA charge.

JB signed for us on the 1st July yet for several pages you tried to argue that the bets were placed before he signed for us. How is that even possible? One of the bets was against Celtic in the champions league, which hadn't started before JB signed for us.

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Perhaps...when done so from a neutral perspective. You see what you want to see, rather than what the evidence supports. That is no way to promote balanced debate, quite the opposite in fact.

Multiple times I and other posters pointed out to you that JB betting charge was for bets placed between 1st July and September, as per the SFA charge.

JB signed for us on the 1st July yet for several pages you tried to argue that the bets were placed before he signed for us. How is that even possible? One of the bets was against Celtic in the champions league, which hadn't started before JB signed for us.

I asked was it possible that the bets were placed prior to him signing

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Without going into much detail, I'm currently going through something similar with my old employer. If be stunned if we had grounds to sack Barton and can only see him leaving soon if he's bought out of his deal. 

if we had grounds to sack him he would be sacked by now, it wouldnt be dragging into a 5th week.

personally i wouldnt be paying up any contract, id keep him until he asked to leave

1 minute ago, showtime69 said:

if we had grounds to sack him he would be sacked by now, it wouldnt be dragging into a 5th week.

personally i wouldnt be paying up any contract, id keep him until he asked to leave

So. If he didn't ask to leave you would be happy to pay him for 2 years?

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Not sure why you would bring religion in to it at all to be honest.  Barton is still a Rangers player and none of us know what happened in training.  Sad to see so many with the pitchforks out for a guy that's played 5 games in a Rangers jersey.  I don't think I've ever seen such undeserved hated for Rangers player.

1. Tarrier.

2. Terrorist sympathising tarrier.

3. Acted all high and mighty since he's came here. Done fuck all.

4. He's an absolute cunt of a man.

Just now, AlCapone said:

So. If he didn't ask to leave you would be happy to pay him for 2 years?

aye over the course of 2 years, thats what i said.

im sure weve budgeted that 2m over 2 years not shelling it out in a lump sum a couple of months before the January transfer window opens

if hes going to get the 2m id rather it was over 2 years like we planned when we signed him.

if it means hes sat on his arse for the duration then tough titty

Just now, AlCapone said:

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I asked was it possible that the bets were placed prior to him signing

Perhaps you can explain, based on the evidence at hand why you think that would be a possibility? To me that sounds like a conspiracy theory.

It could be result of String theory I suppose.

If there's absolutely no way back for him then we should at least have him in and training with the youths.

Unless we're hoping that he'll continue to put himself through these supposed boot camps in Qatar then his fitness is going to plummet further than it already has between now and January and it will put clubs off who may be interested in taking him off our hands.

Just now, Big Al II said:

Perhaps you can explain, based on the evidence at hand why you think that would be a possibility? To me that sounds like a conspiracy theory.

It could be result of String theory I suppose.

Based on the fact that after he left Burnley he did a tv contract. I was asking could the bets have been placed then all in one go, but as pointed out to me this wouldn't have included his bet on Celtic v Barcelona. 

1 hour ago, showtime69 said:

aye over the course of 2 years, thats what i said.

im sure weve budgeted that 2m over 2 years not shelling it out in a lump sum a couple of months before the January transfer window opens

if hes going to get the 2m id rather it was over 2 years like we planned when we signed him.

if it means hes sat on his arse for the duration then tough titty

That's fantasy stuff, first of all if we've budgeted for that we then won't have the budget to sign a replacement for 2 years.

barton will be more than happy to move on in January and I'm sure we can negotiate a settlement that suits both parties. £500k should do it which means we will have lost a cool million on him. Hopefully the board can afford it. HEll mend the board for signing him against the managers wishes

Being discussed just now on Talksport. Jim White saying his source at the club told him last week Barton has no future at the club but a source 'close to Barton' has told him that no-one at the club had told him thats the case and he's hoping to play against Caley on Friday.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Based on the fact that after he left Burnley he did a tv contract. I was asking could the bets have been placed then all in one go, but as pointed out to me this wouldn't have included his bet on Celtic v Barcelona. 

The bets were placed between July 1 and September 15.

His contract with us started on on July first, despite being signed before then.

Whether the 44 games were placed one at a time or all at once doesn't change the fact that they were placed when he was under contract with us.

I hope this puts an end to your theories.

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

That's fantasy stuff, first of all if we've budgeted for that we then won't have the budget to sign a replacement for 2 years.

barton will be more than happy to move on in January and I'm sure we can negotiate a settlement that suits both parties. £500k should do it which means we will have lost a cool million on him. Hopefully the board can afford it. HEll mend the board for signing him behind the managers back

What makes you think he was signed behind the managers back? 

2 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Being discussed just now on Talksport. Jim White saying his source at the club told him last week Barton has no future at the club but a source 'close to Barton' has told him that no-one at the club had told him thats the case and he's hoping to play against Caley on Friday.

He's definitely not playing against Caley on Friday. That's a delusional claim.

2 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

barton will be more than happy to move on in January and I'm sure we can negotiate a settlement that suits both parties. £500k should do it which means we will have lost a cool million on him. Hopefully the board can afford it. HEll mend the board for signing him behind the managers back

how would we not have a budget to sign anyone for 2 years?

when Barton signed his contract we wouldve known we had 2m to pay him over the course of his 2 year deal. That wouldnt have any bearing on any future transfer/wage budget.

if hes happy enough to go in January why should we pay him off? if he wants to go he can go, we should be telling him we are going to keep paying him his wage for 2 year if he wants to walk we shouldnt be paying him to do so.

2 minutes ago, showtime69 said:

how would we not have a budget to sign anyone for 2 years?

when Barton signed his contract we wouldve known we had 2m to pay him over the course of his 2 year deal. That wouldnt have any bearing on any future transfer/wage budget.

if hes happy enough to go in January why should we pay him off? if he wants to go he can go, we should be telling him we are going to keep paying him his wage for 2 year if he wants to walk we shouldnt be paying him to do so.

S it not a bit obvious what I'm saying? If he sits out the 2 years and doesn't play then that a wage we are paying for a non player. We then won't have a budget to replace him with another player. He will leave in January with a settlement, don't be in any doubt about that. We are not stupid enough to let him run out his contract not playing, nor can we afford it

Just now, The Dude said:

Warburton held talks with him prior to signing after hearing good things about how he's turned a corner from McParland and Dyche.

Just now, The Dude said:

Warburton held talks with him prior to signing after hearing good things about how he's turned a corner from McParland and Dyche.

Who told you that?