All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Warburton looks bad in all this.  It's his signing and he's handled this very poorly. 

In any industry a manager will make a bad hire, it happens.

I'm not sure how he could have dealt with this any differently?

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

MW won't be dealing with it as he is not an employment lawyer. It has went past being a team matter. Very much doubt Joey will play for us again.

Barton has dug his own grave. Suspended for unbridled attack on another player(s) and an attack on MW. He was no doubt told not to discuss the matter. Ignored this, blabbed his mouth on twitter and the radio whilst suspended. Then charged with betting on football. That's 3 possible disciplinary matters that we know of. Bye Joey, you are an egotistical moron unfit to wear our Jersey.

The highlighted bit is all 'alleged wrongs', JB has a complaint against him from the SFA, they haven't charged him yet. It seems he is going to appeal the complaint. What if the SFA dismiss the complaint against him? Do the board have grounds to sack him without the possible betting charges?

After the alleged bust up in training he was told to go home for 1 week. Was this suspension for the alleged bust up on the training ground?

On reporting back to the club he was suspended for 3 weeks. Was this suspension for the alleged bust up in MW's office before his cool down period?

His suspension was then extend for another week. What was this suspension for? Skynews reported in the video posted earlier that it was for an alleged second altercation with Halliday.

50 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

In any industry a manager will make a bad hire, it happens.

I'm not sure how he could have dealt with this any differently?

Steering clear is what anybody with any sense would have done!

If you base your decisions around one simple question: 'what could possibly go wrong', then you can sidestep a lot of life's problems.

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Steering clear is what anybody with any sense would have done!

If you base your decisions around one simple question: 'what could possibly go wrong', then you can sidestep a lot of life's problems.

Agreed. Question still remains did MW sign him? To me he doesn't seem like a person who would take those sort of risks. If it wasn't him then who went over his head?

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed. Question still remains did MW sign him? To me he doesn't seem like a person who would take those sort of risks. If it wasn't him then who went over his head?

I'm interested to know this myself.

Wouldn't surprise me if it WAS MW's decision though - football is full of people who reckon they can tame the 'basket cases' & get the best out of them.

On those lines, I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone waiting to take our problem off our hands come the window.

Just as long as they haven't heeded my earlier bit of well-intentioned advice!

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Whoosh, if Warburton never signed him then Warburton is not running the team and going by the shite served up that may be the case.

4 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Whoosh, if Warburton never signed him then Warburton is not running the team and going by the shite served up that may be the case.

Something very sinister going on with Barton and I think more is to come out about it.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So if Warburton didn't sign him, and if you follow his thinking on signings Barton goes against all he believes in. 

Then who the fuck at Rangers did sign him? 

Warburton says Scotland should play youth and yet he signs over the hill players, although you do need experience, something doesn't sit right.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if not all of us most including me were delighted with the signing of Joey Barton, in last seasons championship team of the season, had a blemish free year under Sean Dyce, rejecting a contract from Burnley newly promoted so knocking back visits to the top teams in a top league, praise heaped on the "new Joey" by fellow pros.

That's what it said on the tin, when we opened it out popped a once decent now heavy legged and sluggish player who stifled our free flowing good stuff from last season, still with a gob on him, The Rangers pulled out all the stops to get him as well, worth the trouble? no fuckin way!!  but as I say hindsight and all that.but leopards do not change their spots as we all know now

There are a few twists left in this one and I hope he goes quietly without pay off  but I don't see that happening  anytime soon.

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

The highlighted bit is all 'alleged wrongs', JB has a complaint against him from the SFA, they haven't charged him yet. It seems he is going to appeal the complaint. What if the SFA dismiss the complaint against him? Do the board have grounds to sack him without the possible betting charges?

After the alleged bust up in training he was told to go home for 1 week. Was this suspension for the alleged bust up on the training ground?

On reporting back to the club he was suspended for 3 weeks. Was this suspension for the alleged bust up in MW's office before his cool down period?

His suspension was then extend for another week. What was this suspension for? Skynews reported in the video posted earlier that it was for an alleged second altercation with Halliday.

As I said, at least 3 possible disciplinary actions. You listed 4. You are affirming what I said. Only a mentalist would expect Barton to get off with the betting charges when he breeched the rules 44 times! 

Never in our history has a player been suspended for so long. Points to him getting sacked imo. 

Do you think Rangers will sack him? Do you still want him to play for us? Do you think our support/the professional players in the dressing room will respect him? If he does play what time next year do you expect him to be match fit?

If you listen to Warburton's comments after we signed Barton, it does sound like it was someone else who made the decision to do it. He puts a lot of trust in McParland and Weir so it could have been one of those two who thought he'd be a good fit. 

6 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Warburton says Scotland should play youth and yet he signs over the hill players, although you do need experience, something doesn't sit right.

Agreed mate, if I was to pick one player that I thought Warburton would've never signed it was Barton. 

Can't really blame MW for signing Joey Barton after he has the season of his life in a league 10x better than the SPFL. Also on the recommendation of one of his closest friends in football, Sean Dyche.

MW can't see into the future and the recent past told us all Joey Barton had screwed the nut and focused on football.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

As I said, at least 3 possible disciplinary actions. You listed 4. You are affirming what I said. Only a mentalist would expect Barton to get off with the betting charges when he breeched the rules 44 times! 

Never in our history has a player been suspended for so long. Points to him getting sacked imo. 

Do you think Rangers will sack him? Do you still want him to play for us? Do you think our support/the professional players in the dressing room will respect him? If he does play what time next year do you expect him to be match fit?

I can't see him play again, this match fit discussion, he was match fit last season and won an award, looks like he is playing in the wrong role at Ibrox with the other players not performing, only magnifys the problems. The PR job Rangers done on Halliday after the altercations and with him given the captains armband imo is showing the stance by the management that Barton is finished whatever the final cost of his departure. 

7 hours ago, danger ranger said:

How does stating that players in Scotland in the youth levels need to be challenged as they go up the levels equate to saying Scotland should play youth?

Something doesn't sit right indeed.

11 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

People on here said things like 'Warburton does his due diligence' or 'Warburton wont sign someone than could upset the dressing room'.  Well, turns that's all bullshit.  Barton's temperament and personality was well known before he came here yet Warburton's looked at him and thought he would be a good signing for Rangers.  Warburton brought him here and it's his job to get the best from the player which he's failed to do with Barton and many others this year.  Asking Barton to stay away from the training ground was always going to create a circus and I think the manager has underestimated the goldfish bowl of Scottish football.  The Barton signing has been bad for the manager, the player, the club, and is now and utter embarrassment.

Never thought I'd see the day when a manager signs a player and low and behold it doesn't work out.

Warbs oot.

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

You mean the guy that left his previous position because he wouldn't be dictated to? That's the guy who has had players brought in without his consent?

Pretty illogical to me seeing how i don't seek a conspiracy theory in everything.

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So if Warburton didn't sign him, and if you follow his thinking on signings Barton goes against all he believes in. 

Then who the fuck at Rangers did sign him? 

More to the point who will be the fall guy for signing him? Will MW stay if his freedom to sign who he wants on his team has gone?

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

More to the point who will be the fall guy for signing him? Will MW stay if is freedom to sign who he wants on his team has gone?

What's your thoughts on the moon landings, area 51 and the twin towers?

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

More to the point who will be the fall guy for signing him? Will MW stay if is freedom to sign who he wants on his team has gone?

Managers make bad signings, happened to the very best like Ferguson and Mourinho.

On paper it was a decent move for us, however JB let himself down like he always does. Mark maybe thought the moron had grown up after his stint in France then in the championship.

Sadly JB let his cuntishness shine through, not the managers fault for taking a risk that could have worked out fantastic.

On 10/10/2016 at 1:40 PM, Sweetheart said:

If JB was the boards Marquee signing, it makes sense as to why DW and a players were giving Barton the VIP treatment. Also makes sense why MW wasn't around to welcome him and why MW allegedly had a massive row with the board after the old firm game.

Seed planted

On 10/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, Big Al II said:

Oh oh...this is only going one way. By 3 o'clock you'll have convinced yourself this in fact true.

It's also news to me MW had a massive argument with the board, where did you hear that?

Prediction

11 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Run with it

33 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You mean the guy that left his previous position because he wouldn't be dictated to? That's the guy who has had players brought in without his consent?

Pretty illogical to me seeing how i don't seek a conspiracy theory in everything.

(tu)

50 minutes ago, OhW said:

It remains no more of a question than "Did Warburton sign Rossiter? Did Warburton sign Gilks?" or any other player. What evidence have you got to suggest that Warburton didn't want Barton? Your train of thought on some issues is just baffling.

(tu)