All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

This is just getting silly now. Barton is a cock but we haven't handled this at all well and it looks likely to be a very expensive mistake. The media are loving this and the sooner we put an end to this the better.

1 minute ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

sorry but the way this is carrying on sounds like board can't afford him and are trying to cover their own backs, one could say they leaked the stuff intentionally so they have grounds to sack him.

How do you think it's the club leaking this ? It could be Barton himself... Things like this shouldn't be getting aired in public and should be kept in house. 

Just now, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

How do you think it's the club leaking this ? It could be Barton himself... Things like this shouldn't be getting aired in public and should be kept in house. 

Doesn't answer the question is he getting paid while suspended? We all want an ends to this saga andd something is not sitting rite on this.

8 minutes ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

sorry but the way this is carrying on sounds like board can't afford him and are trying to cover their own backs, one could say they leaked the stuff intentionally so they have grounds to sack him.

The way they've treated him , there's no chance of that . 

6 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He will never play for us again - that's now certain.

It's just a matter of how it ends.

well if thats the end of his rangers career, i honestly hope he spills the beans because i don't know about anybody else, i want to know what the fuck is going on, why sign a high profile player if you don't intend to play him, why he's been suspended for all the this time, was the whole in house slanging match just a ruse to cover up the real story that barton was betting on games?

i'm going with the club don't have the funds to keep paying barton

I wasn't keen on him coming either given his previous with other clubs and he's also quite outspoken at times,He was either going to be a hero or a zero.

His twitter thing doesn't sit well with me either and surprised he get's away with what he does given the clubs policy on using social media... If any other players had said some of the things Barton had said they would be told to remove themselves from twitter given they also represent the club.

In theory Barton could just sit and take thousands a week until his contract expires.

People also saying sell him in January... Who exactly is going to buy him ? Clubs weren't falling over themselves to sign him before coming to Rangers,More than likely because of his background.

If he goes it will be an agreement between the club and him and will involve a very large payoff either in a lump sum or staggered payments along with a clause preventing him speaking about what happened.

6 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

People seem to think (if that's the correct term) that in this technological age that everything has a quick fix.  Termination of employment is a process which has to be followed and can be time consuming, after the club must mitigate against this coming back to bite us financially.  

T

If there is overwhelming evidence of gross misconduct ie. witnesses, you are toast. GTF, PDQ and no pay. Normally within 5 days as ACAS say for this category, which is about right.

Not clear cut, but you want rid of the bad apple and you are cash rich. Financial settlement and GTF PDQ. Can be done within 48 hours if the employee gets a lawyer quick enough to ratify the agreement and if the employee is happy with the terms/financial settlement. Job done.

Not clear cut,  no money to pay out a windfall, but you want rid of the bad apple. Give them the fuck about and surround yourself with cover your erse paperwork, but still on pay and employer buys time for the inevitable windfall payment, or they move on of their own volition.

Not that I am a mean fucker, but been there have been many times for people who just don't fit in. Just not with the programme, disruptive, passive resistance to change and so on. Primarily from those you inherit from others. Business as usual sorry to say.

As an employer, we have no fear of ACAS. You might though if you were cash strapped and you needed rid of a bad apple but with little evidence. Yes, we will form fill and follow procedure and as I said above, it need not take forever. The quicker ties are severed the better for everyone. If Barton and the club had reached a settlement on week one and he was already gone, gagged by the agreement, no one would be speculating now. Gone, done, history, move on. So we are left with a circus, no matter how anyone tries to dress it up, including trying to hide behind pitifull ACAS guidelines.