All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And if you go back to when I first brought up the point of Black & Simonsen not being subject to club disciplinary proceeding I said that they would need to be able to show they had changed the disciplinary process to include it as an 'offence' (or likely to be).

So you qualified your flawed assumption (tu) well done.

I think that we didn't ever suspect Barton would become available, hence why we signed Crooks and Rossiter for that position. I think when he suddenly did, through Warburton and McParland's relationship with Dyche they saw an opportunity to bring a big signing in to that position. 

On the face of it, he was a great signing but the warning signs were there when he was doing all the radio stuff over the summer and clearly didn't look fit in the early matches. The players are not stupid either, they will have seen that he was struggling and probably said so, which is when the other side of Barton came to the fore behind the scenes. I have no issue with fisticuffs etc but I reckon Barton either took it too far, involved Warburton or refused to apologise. One of the best things about last season was our team spirit and that clearly was disrupted. No one player is bigger than Rangers so if the team suffers, its time to go. Best just to move onwards and upwards. 

5 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Any news on him today?

Rangers midfielder Joey Barton was heckled during a question and answer session at the Cheltenham Literary Festival. Barton said that his misdemeanours were in the past but someone in the audience shouted out, "But Joey, you're suspended from your club, you're suspended from your work". 

Never ending.

Not exactly earth-shattering news but he`s changed his picture on twitter from him holding the rangers shirt to his old one before he came, think ties between him and the club are completely severed now in all but paperwork, hopefully there`s movement on terminating his contract soon to put this all behind us.

23 hours ago, The Monk said:

Not exactly earth-shattering news but he`s changed his picture on twitter from him holding the rangers shirt to his old one before he came, think ties between him and the club are completely severed now in all but paperwork, hopefully there`s movement on terminating his contract soon to put this all behind us.

He's off.

IMO Warburton more or less confirmed it when he said in a press conference last week its nothing to do with him and the directors are handling it.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The team really need to step up and put this to bed on Sunday.

Only at that point will they be able to stand tall and confirm the correct decision was made.

I think regardless of the Barton situation they all owe us a big performance on Sunday. Apart from one or two exceptions they were all horrific in the game at the piggery.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's you that said that is is embarrassing and I see no embarrassment whatsoever. Why is it embarrassing?

It's embarrassing how badly it's been handled.

He was sent home from training and told to report back on the Monday.

Goes in on the Monday and suspended. Then the day before his suspension is up its extended by a week. Then when that week was up it's been extended further.

And still nobody actually has any clue what's happening. Are we trying to pay him off? Are we trying to arrange a move for January? Are we considering bringing him back?

It's a shambles.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It's embarrassing how badly it's been handled.

Goes in on the Monday and suspended. Then the day before his suspension is up its extended by a week. Then when that week was up it's been extended further.

And still nobody actually has any clue what's happening. Are we trying to pay him off? Are we trying to arrange a move for January? Are we considering bringing him back?

It's a shambles.

Not in how its been handled.  I think the club, and the player to be fair, have handled this in a very mature way and I think in all likelihood it would be resolved soon.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Not in how its been handled.  I think the club, and the player to be fair, have handled this in a very mature way and I think in all likelihood it would be resolved soon.

In terms of how the suspension has been dealt with I think it's been a shambles tbh.

We could have simply came out and said he's been suspended indefinitely instead of putting dates on his return. At least that way we'd have avoided the media circus when said date arrives and we need to release another statement announcing an extension.

I do agree it will probably be resolved soon though.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It's embarrassing how badly it's iteen handled.

It's a shambles.

During the first 7 days the player went on social media and talked about IT then got charged by the SFA while on gardening leave. I think the club have been very professional about the situation. The club also have the full facts to work on not hearsay that we are basing faxts and what we would have done.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

In terms of how the suspension has been dealt with I think it's been a shambles tbh.

We could have simply came out and said he's been suspended indefinitely instead of putting dates on his return. At least that way we'd have avoided the media circus when said date arrives and we need to release another statement announcing an extension.

I do agree it will probably be resolved soon though.

Do that and it would have been a shambles, Anyway, we disagree and should probably just accept that we won't see eye to eye on this one.