All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

17 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It's embarrassing how badly it's been handled.

He was sent home from training and told to report back on the Monday.

Goes in on the Monday and suspended. Then the day before his suspension is up its extended by a week. Then when that week was up it's been extended further.

And still nobody actually has any clue what's happening. Are we trying to pay him off? Are we trying to arrange a move for January? Are we considering bringing him back?

It's a shambles.

I agree mate. The whole thing has been a 'hate to say I told you so' to the club. Bouncing from suspension to suspension dragging over nearly 6 weeks now. 

So much confusion in my eyes still as well! Was it a bad enough incident that he couldn't have just been suspended right at the outset? Still on full pay, so the incident that occurred couldn't have been deemed that serious at the time or he would have been suspended without pay? Not looking for answers here because we're all bored of going round in circles. I just hope we get to know the details in the fullness of time.

FFS there are obviously legal issues that we have to take into account. The club cannot just come out and say 'he won't play again'. It is NOT a shambles. The club is obviously treading very carefully. Some of the folk in here, had they been on the board, would have ended up paying 2 years to Barton because of legal issues.

We all know he won't play again. The only person happy with the brouhaha is Joey Barton. Let's move on. M'kay?

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 0:03 AM, The Monk said:

Not exactly earth-shattering news but he`s changed his picture on twitter from him holding the rangers shirt to his old one before he came, think ties between him and the club are completely severed now in all but paperwork, large amounts of money leaving our club and the usual toxic media coverage, hopefully there`s movement on terminating his contract soon to put this all behind us.

I added a bit.

Hopefully it is over soon.

11 hours ago, Dietspam said:

I wonder if he's effectively on gardening leave and will be free to look for a club in January? Can we do that?

You really think Barton is going to just walk away from a £2m contract ?  Who exactly is going to buy him in January also given the negative publicity and carry on since he has signed with us.

Clubs weren't exactly falling over themselves to sign him before he signed for Rangers and that's also him taking a big hit on his wages compared to what he was on at Burnley.

Rangers will learn a hard lesson here and will cost the club big time to get rid of him.

36 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Now that Kranjcar looks to be out for the season, Windass injury prone and Mat Crooks a non starter, could we see the return of the prodigal son?.

Some folk on here would rather see the lego muncher starting for us on Sunday instead of Andy Halliday.

This is ridiculous. Got to blame the manager on this one though. If he cant handle barton's behavior he shouldn't have signed him because everyone knows what he is like. All this over a wee argument? Back in the day he would have gotten a right bollocking and then a line would have been drawn under it and everyone would have moved on. Our manager is a sensitive soul it seems