All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

5 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Mark warburton is not involved in the meeting tells you everything. Hes on the way out.

Sad end to what i thought would have been a terrific signing.

no it doesnt, if the suspension reason was for a spat with warburton then he cannot be at the meeting incase it compromises anything to do with it

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Barton returning would be disaster for the club. He would feel untouchable and that he could say or do anything. Given the ego he already has I wouldn't want someone with a god complex fucking everything up just because of his overweening sense of entitlement. 

Bye Joey. Nice suit.

There's not a lot going on to fuck up at the moment if we're being honest

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

no it doesnt, if the suspension reason was for a spat with warburton then he cannot be at the meeting incase it compromises anything to do with it

So where on earth would that leave his relationship with his manager? He gone 

31 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He's not talked at all about this now, arrives bang on time wearing his club gear, I honestly think he wants to be part of our journey. If he's conned me then fair enough, I'm the idiot. I don't believe in calling someone a cunt if both sides of the truth is not public. We don't know one side of the truth so I just wish some folk would hold back. Yes he's made an arse of himself on twitter but not to the extent some people would want you to believe.

I hope the club make the right decision, and whatever happens the best is made out of the situation.

I think during the disciplinary process he knows how to play the game giving the club no amunition, hes being well represented thats for sure

3 minutes ago, dee9 said:

So where on earth would that leave his relationship with his manager? He gone 

well if warburton wants him to stay he'll have instructed the board who will deal with the meeting and make it so, im simply saying just because the gaffer isnt there doesnt mean one thing or another

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

well if warburton wants him to stay he'll have instructed the board who will deal with the meeting and make it so, im simply saying just because the gaffer isnt there doesnt mean one thing or another

Yeah i do understand where you are coming from but i would be absolutely amazed if he kicks another ball for us. 

He's 100% gone. In my opinion, albeit with limited info i feel we've handled this wrongly - if i'm being extreme its down to the weakness of Warburtons character. But at this point, we've done it. We are where we are. We have no choice but to swing through now as it'll just do even more harm to bring him back. Its unfortunate, and we'll lose potentially our best player - but the damage is done, it damage limitation today. 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

He's 100% gone. In my opinion, albeit with limited info i feel we've handled this wrongly - if i'm being extreme its down to the weakness of Warburtons character. But at this point, we've done it. We are where we are. We have no choice but to swing through now as it'll just do even more harm to bring him back. Its unfortunate, and we'll lose potentially our best player - but the damage is done, it damage limitation today. 

It's been poorly handled IMO but hopefully Warburton will learn from it.

When it was first rumoured he was going to sign I was not keen on the idea . However once he signed I thought it would work but it just has not . I think he underestimated the football up here . I think when we were in America pre season training he was going around on a book tour and going to Glastonbury - that did not give much of an indication of commitment to us . When he has played he has not looked fit and given his time away I can't see him getting fit . For me I would tell him he is free to go but if he looking for a pay off then tell him we will pay him weekly . If he wants to sit out his contract and end his playing career rather than go to another club fine but no way we should pay him off 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Barton will find stuff :(

Having no idea what actually happened on that actual day but guessing it was some kind of heated argument that nearly came to blows would it not have made sense to split the 2 of them up and send them home with some extra running or something for both. I cant help thinking that Warburton's background has went against him here. Rather than tell them to shut the fuck up it has been dealt with like in an office which has went on and on.

Training ground bust ups are part and parcel of football and you wonder how another manager would have handled it. This is not excusing Barton's part in it or calling for Warburton to GTF.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

Having no idea what actually happened on that actual day but guessing it was some kind of heated argument that nearly came to blows would it not have made sense to split the 2 of them up and send them home with some extra running or something for both. I cant help thinking that Warburton's background has went against him here. Rather than tell them to shut the fuck up it has been dealt with like in an office which has went on and on.

Training ground bust ups are part and parcel of football and you wonder how another manager would have handled it. This is not excusing Barton's part in it or calling for Warburton to GTF.

Working in that type on environment mate I would say you are spot on as to how it been handled.

Have to imagine there was more to it than that though.  Surely?