All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

10 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Can't see this happening.  For a start Barton's lawyers will point out that Black got off the hook for the same offence.  Although that was under a different board and manager.

Could they use it as part of a 3 warning type dismissal though? the training ground incident. Then talking to the media while suspended. Then the betting thing.

Just now, billsim1984 said:

Could they use it as part of a 3 warning type dismissal though? the training ground incident. Then talking to the media while suspended. Then the betting thing.

Possibly.  If what was said on training ground was bad enough that it warranted Warburton to suspend him for 3 weeks then the club may just try and punt him for that.

I can't wait to hear what actually went on.  I'm sure we've all had more than enough of guesswork.

17 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Can't see this happening.  For a start Barton's lawyers will point out that Black got off the hook for the same offence.  Although that was under a different board and manager.

Simonsen as well

We've moved on from him anyway on the pitch. 

We've made an arse out of dealing with it. Warburton can't just sack a player, it's not his decision. It's his decision to tell him to stay away from the training ground, which he correctly done. It's the board and the legal team who have took a lifetime to deal with it.  No idea why Warburton gets stick for the way he's handled it. 

With the team not playing well and Warburton not doing well the focus will all turn to Barton as being right on his disagreement with players and notably the Manager, but we will never really know what went on and people will just choose sides on what suits there point.

10 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Possibly.  If what was said on training ground was bad enough that it warranted Warburton to suspend him for 3 weeks then the club may just try and punt him for that.

I can't wait to hear what actually went on.  I'm sure we've all had more than enough of guesswork.

I know, it's like everything else with us and has dragged on way longer than it should have. 

49 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I heard this rumour via a girl who helps out with the PR and press stuff at Ibrox.

Halliday and him were at it and Warburton asked them to cool it and that's when he came out with the shit about his kids being older than the club.

Probably bullshit and that's why i didn't post it on here when i first heard it.

I also heard this rumour. I didn't believe it however thinking about it now maybe he has said something along they lines and that's why there's no way back for him.

MW for all his faults understands the traditions and history of our club and what these mean to us, the fans. IMO If a player has insinuated that we are a new club then how can he give his all in the royal blue when he doesn't respect our values? 

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I thought the rumour about his kids age was started by the scum, I honestly would be surprised if it was true.

It was.

It seems some gullible bastards in our support actually fell for it though.

This whole Barton 'issue' thing starts to reflect how Warburton manages the team.

Preparation by the barrowload before turning up to the meeting.  Presumably the execs and Warburton will have rehearsed (trained) well in preparation.   Presumably they will have worked hard on defining the line they want to take (their tactics) and set their stall out accordingly.

Like the football games contact with the opposition who have their own ideas, views and game plan (tactics) may not quite work out as Warburton and the execs intended though much to the surprise of Warburton and the execs.  We'll presumably see soon enough.   

Will this be a rare Rangers win?  Or do they lose?    Or is it to be a draw with the suspension continuing on?   Or do they just agree to walk off the pitch go their own ways with a juicy blame war to follow conducted via the media?    Or abandon the game as too difficult for the players and hand it over to their respective lawyers to sort out a result suitable to both parties but which in reality means Rangers paying out a big compensation fee?   

The dire football results and the Barton saga - just what we needed after the last 4 years.   The sooner it is over the better.   

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

This whole Barton 'issue' thing starts to reflect how Warburton manages the team.

Preparation by the barrowload before turning up to the meeting.  Presumably the execs and Warburton will have rehearsed (trained) well in preparation.   Presumably they will have worked hard on defining the line they want to take (their tactics) and set their stall out accordingly.

Like the football games contact with the opposition who have their own ideas, views and game plan (tactics) may not quite work out as Warburton and the execs intended though much to the surprise of Warburton and the execs.  We'll presumably see soon enough.   

Will this be a rare Rangers win?  Or do they lose?    Or is it to be a draw with the suspension continuing on?   Or does they just agree to walk off the pitch go their own ways with a juicy blame war to follow conducted via the media?    Or abandon the game as too difficult for the players and hand it over to their respective lawyers to sort out a result suitable to both parties but which in reality means Rangers paying out a big compensation fee?   

The dire football results and the Barton saga - just what we needed after the last 4 years.   The sooner it is over the better.   

Shite

Warburton can't sack a player. He can tell him not to come near the squad and he done that. He doesn't have authority to terminate Barton's contract. It's the board who are not managing it very well 

I hope that whatever we do we do not make an arse of ourselves.

If the manager had taken a stand against a player then one of them has to go.

Barton is an arse but maybe told MW some home truths.

MW may be a good and respectful man but is maybe out of his depth tactically.

Barton could maybe I repeat maybe do a job for us.

MW has shown that he probably cannot.

Who would I want at the club?

A good fit motivated Barton who runs his mouth off or a dignified respectful manager who is out of his depth?

Eff knows!

18 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I also heard this rumour. I didn't believe it however thinking about it now maybe he has said something along they lines and that's why there's no way back for him.

MW for all his faults understands the traditions and history of our club and what these mean to us, the fans. IMO If a player has insinuated that we are a new club then how can he give his all in the royal blue when he doesn't respect our values? 

Fucking tarrier spread nonsense

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Shite

Warburton can't sack a player. He can tell him not to come near the squad and he done that. He doesn't have authority to terminate Barton's contract. It's the board who are not managing it very well 

I would have thought that in any meeting with Barton Warbuton will be present and in an influential role.  He himself will not be able to sack Barton but I would think that as the manager and as the person directly involved in the 'issue' he will have an important role in the meeting.   A point here is that this has taken a very long time.   It has gone from seemingly being a suspension as a punishment with a defined end date to an extended suspension which then makes it look like it has been a suspension as a precaution pending further investigation.  It has taken far too long for an issue which - unless there is very much more to it than has been rumoured or reported - should have been capable of being dealt with earlier and probably in a different, less public way.     

Also, what we don't know is whether Warburton has made it clear to the execs whether he will or will not work with Barton as a result of the 'issue'.   If he wont  work with Barton then the Board has no real option other than to back Warburton and try to find a way out of the mess.  In that sense, if that is the line Warburton is taking, then he may not be personally sacking (removing) Barton but it has the same effect.   All conjecture of course as the Club and Barton have so far agreed not to speak about the issue.   Maybe more of the actual events and accusations and lines both parties have taken will come out in due course but I suspect Rangers will simply want the matter brought to a close and move on.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

What a waste of time. Painfully unfunny. The joke of slagging off the way Warburton speaks ('trained well,', 'Plan A' etc) has been done to death already. 

At least you've told him now.

He'll learn from it.

36 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I thought the rumour about his kids age was started by the scum, I honestly would be surprised if it was true.

Or started by a Bear to turn other Bears against him?

As i said, i thought it was bullshit at the time i heard it and still think it's bullshit.

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

What a waste of time. Painfully unfunny. The joke of slagging off the way Warburton speaks ('trained well,', 'Plan A' etc) has been done to death already. 

Bet you're raging that you sat and read it all and couldn't find a spelling mistake to correct him on:lol:

43 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I thought the rumour about his kids age was started by the scum, I honestly would be surprised if it was true.

Always amazes me, and saddens me to be fair, the amount of stuff originating from taigs that gets carried onto here.

They must laugh their balls off :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Or started by a Bear to turn other Bears against him?

As i said, i thought it was bullshit at the time i heard it and still think it's bullshit.

IIRC it was put out on Twitter as soon as it became public that he had been sent home by a taig profile and grew arms and legs from there.