****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

1 minute ago, rfc1990 said:

I'll feel more confident if Kiernan isn't brought back in. I like Niko but don't think he should start a game like this. Hallyday, Holt if he's fit, if he's not then Crooks and Forrester. 

Not a time or game to be throwing crooks in after only 20 mins against Queens

10 hours ago, B1872 said:

The scum are 7 points clear already, I just don't see us going on a run to close that gap. If anything it'll get bigger. A 0-0 draw at home to Ross County and win over a championship team doesn't erase the doing we got off they fenian cunts. Jury is still out!

I agree with what you're saying, it's just the idea of playing for second and this early on in the season :anguish:

2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Just woke up and realised I know nothing about this Aberdeen team except that Adam Rooney plays for them. Are they any good? What are their strengths and weaknesses? 

Hayes if he's fit and Maddison,  on loan from Norwich, will be their biggest threats. Weaknesses the same as us with their poor CBs. 

Holt and Windass missing would be absolutely massive us. 

As good as Windass looks, he does make us look a much more athletic side, however Forrester could potentially replace him in there. However losing Holt is the real disaster. They say absence makes heart grow stronger, I already loved wee Holt, but when he was out his absence was glaring. His return has also been night and day. 

We will miss Windass but we don't have  a chance without Holt for me. I'm praying it's false information. 

13 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Dont know what to make of this game, we have been very poor but now have a good win behind us now. Don't know how the sheep have been doing, don't really care tbh. I hope we can destroy their stupid wee party.

Confident? With our defense - nope :(

Watched them in the cup the other night there, albeit the rested Rooney from the start, but they struggled. They do have players capable of hurting us however McGinn,  McLean and Rooney are all goalscoring threats. We must stiffle James Maddison though, looks a cracking player with real quality. 

57 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I agree with what you're saying, it's just the idea of playing for second and this early on in the season :anguish:

I understand your feeling but being a realistic pessimist I see this as a measure of progress on our journey.

we simply do not have the funds to invest in our team the way others can and have to build steadily.

getting into Europe next year and maybe a cup will be progress and allow further investment next season 

Must win game and hope the manager realises this game will have a high intensity as its the sheeps cup final. If everyone is fit this is the team i would like to see.

Wes

Tav, Wilson, Hill, Wallace

Halliday, Holt, Windass

Forrester, Waggy, Mckay

Doubt that will be the front 3 as I suspect Miller will be in there for wee Harry with him dropping to midfield if Holt or Josh are injured.

3-1 to the teddy bears.

33 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Just woke up and realised I know nothing about this Aberdeen team except that Adam Rooney plays for them. Are they any good? What are their strengths and weaknesses? 

Graeme Shinnie is one of the best fullbacks in the league, likewise with Shay Logan.