****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, james_85 said:

I thought Garner would be really good for us but or supply into the box for him is shambolic 

I just said the exact same thing to my mate, it's not looking like he has the qualities required so far. But he's no been here for long so we'll have to give him a fair chance.

I want to see Dodoo come on, his movement is by far the best in the team and there's runs to be made in behind here if we can get the pass right. I'll settle for Miller coming on too but I'd take Garner off either way.

Kranjcar for Forrester at some point as well and O'Halloran for McKay

25 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

That's the issue. Same week in week out, yet we seem to be the team that concedes and then we're on the back foot.

Once we sort that out, we'll be golden.

That's true mate, hopefully change that today, first half clean sheet is a bonus! Just need to take our chances now 

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Cracking pass Tav. Unlucky Garner and Holt....

We may need some Niko time. Game not too fast and he can pick them apart.

No no and no again!! Don't let Niko anywhere near this game!! Subs should be O'Halloran and Kenny with third kept to last 5 or 10 mins incase of a knock!!

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Holt and Garners work rate and desire  have been key .Our defence looks ok today but our attack is shamelessly devoid of any composure whatsoever 

Holts energy is stopping them playing and the pressing of Garner is making them panic, although Garner hasn't hit the ground running his desire is there for all to see

Its energy we've been lacking

We should be out of sight IMO. Our decision-making on the ball has let us down. And I thought this instant-anxiety-when-receiving-the-ball was a thing of the past ? Reminds me of when we had players like Whittaker and Edu in the team

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Our passing isn't good enough and is stopping the momentum when going forward

Need to step it up a gear and they are there for the taking

Directly influenced by our poor movement I think, the sheep are doing a good job of blocking our passes out, but that's when you have to lose your man, and our players aren't doing it in the sheeps half.