****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

The sheep shaggers didn't boss the game, we did with a total lack of cutting edge. As for the free kick, I will give the kid who took it the praise he deserves, it was a belter but it wasn't a free kick. I didn't think it was at the time and said the refs got this wrong and having watched it umpteen times it was a huge mistake by the idiot of a ref and in reality it was a first class tackle by Tav, plus to be booked he must be really pissed off. Barry McKay had a brilliant passing game for the sheep shaggers today not many of his passes went astray and ended at the feet of a Rangers player, he seriously needs to be dropped.

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Are we where we need to be? No. But we're getting there. 

We were genuinely unlucky today. We have big issues at the back, but we are certainly capable of stringing a few wins together once we get a decent result in the league.

We have big issues going forward too. We are weak and inept going forward without creating anywhere near the number of chances we should with the possession we have. 

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. 

We were comfortably the better side and should have been in front at half time. We conceded a stupid fucking goal immediately after half time, then went back to being the better side. We deserved our equaliser, and missed a sitter. We ultimately lost because the ref fucked us and their boy hit a perfect free kick.

Warburton was probably too cautious to say it after last time, but that might have been our best league performance of the year.

Totally agree with this. The ref gave us a bit today but critically got the decision that led to the winner wrong. It was one of our better performances this season and i think today it was our forward who let us down as they failed to take their chances. I inderstand as Rangers fans we have high expectations but we need to get behind the team and the management instead of turning on them at every opportunity. It should be the board who take a good look at themselves for not putting their money were their mouths are. You cant create a champagne team on a lemonade budget.

Not fucking good enough, manager has to take the flak for this. Wasted good money on a forward who looks shit and can only foul people when the ball is gone, was lucky to stay on after his kick.

Wasting money on 2 CBs who are quite clearly worse than the 2 we already had. Brings in a rat bag called Barton, wastes money on a giy who cant move and well past his best in Niko and insistent on players keeping their shape when we are chasing the game.

No doubt he will say we dominated possesion, who gives a fuck. We are way down in the league and seriously struggling to score, I dont want him sacked but I want him to realise better is required MUCH fucking better.

Those players are clearly better players than Aberdeen but he is struggling to play a good system.......really fucking pissed off with tgis utter shite we have to suffer and hear the same shit from the manager.

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

Another few years and we should reach the level we were at under McCoist.

People moaning at how shite we are need only look back 2 seasons to see real shite

We had 63 percent of possession today and done nothing of any merit, we just look good and don't get anywhere and then give the opposition a gifted goal, different day same old mince, IMHO this turkey won't last to Christmas.

9 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

We were comfortably the better side and should have been in front at half time. We conceded a stupid fucking goal immediately after half time, then went back to being the better side. We deserved our equaliser, and missed a sitter. We ultimately lost because the ref fucked us and their boy hit a perfect free kick.

Warburton was probably too cautious to say it after last time, but that might have been our best league performance of the year.

:541:

If the boy knocks the free kick past the post then we wouldn't even be discussing it. We shouldn't get hung up on every decision that the officials get wrong.

Also, possession in itself doesn't win games.  Scoring goals does. Just take a look at Leicester's stats from last season.

We need to defend properly, then take chances when they present themselves.  Teams in the Premiership are much better organised defensively and are more clinical in attack, than we encountered in the Championship.

I've given Warburton the benefit of the doubt up 'til now, but we need to do something different than just pass pass pass for effing passing's sake..

1 minute ago, euanRFC said:

Was always available, was moving us forward pass by pass. Think I saw 1 misplaced pass. 

Was either too unfit or couldn't be fucked chasing back after being on for 7 mins!! His passing is good I will give you that but he's a luxury we cannot afford at this time!

7 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Clint Hill had a good game. Wilson was a disaster.

Wilson played well too apart from the goal. He didn't win enough headers and gave away a couple of bad fouls in the second half but on the whole he  played well too. The whole defence defended well apart from the first goal. But unfortunately no matter how well we are defending I have no confidence that we will keep a clean sheet. 

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

We had 63 percent of possession today and done nothing of any merit, we just look good and don't get anywhere and then give the opposition a gifted goal, different day same old mince, IMHO this turkey won't last to Christmas.

We missed a sitter, and had three or four of those "oh fuck, how did that not go in?" moments. We're creating more than we're giving credit for. And that's with McKay being a shitebag that passes to the opposition more than his own team.

Just now, Swagger said:

Fucking awful again. No point in having the possession and doing fuck all with it. 

Shocking defending, punchless and clueless going forward. Mackay needs a long spell on the bench, Tavernier, if he has to play must be pushed forward because he can't defend. 

We are in the bottom fucking half and can't score a goal from open play. Add to that the desperate defending every time the opposition come forward its brutal. 

We are giving the rest of Scottish football a right laugh week in week out.

this Rangers team are weak, nobody can take a game by the scruff of the neck

Great post and sadly very accurate 

They are pissing themselves at our incompetence as a football team 

13 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Better team won ?  are you sure you watched the game ? Every commentator that knows anything are saying we were the better team.

We are shite in front of goal but we were the better team.

That's been my argument too since the beginning of the season but there's the fucking flaw. Shite in front of goal is ok for 2 maybe 3 games but fuck all is getting done about it. 

I like Warburton, the players are letting him down and he needs to be showing that it is unacceptable. That miss from waghorn must lose him his place, that alone, without any of the other misses is enough  

Rangers attacked the whole game without looking like scoring.

The 1st goal was diabolical. Warburton needs to start making examples, pick one of that central defenders and put him in the under 21's for the rest of the year. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

It matters not a fuck if you thought we were the better side or not because we still conceded two goals, got beat yet again against a challenging team and now sit 7th in a Mickey Mouse league.

Its an utter embarrassment and has been for months now, stop deluding yourselves ffs. 

We are a very poor side in terms of the top flight and our management team are also out of their depth at this level too. It's staring you straight in the face but instead it's head in the sand stuff. 

Wake up

Totally agree and said so weeks ago.but cunts will be along soon to make the same defence of the squad they do every week 

wether it was a free kick or not Aberdeen were poor today and they still beat us. Possession doesn't mean a thing when you can't score goals and win matches. Unless we have a major turnaround in the next few weeks, I cannot see our manager lasting past Christmas. Patrick are no mugs, physical and all pressure will be on us. If we lose that game then we need to look at where we are going with this style and philosophy.

6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I'm sorry but I simply do not understand this. 

See the part in bold, apart from a few specific parts, this could be the summary to every game we haven't won in the last 6 months, which is 12 out of 17. 

That's why people are annoyed and worried, because it's constantly the same issues game after game. It's unbelievably fucking predictable. We're up against well drilled, fit teams. Who are capable of scoring really good goals. We need to deal with that and learn from that. We're constantly told that we will, but we don't.

I'm not saying we didn't pass the ball well, but that isn't the issue. The issues are we concede goals for fun and can't score. No matter how much we dominate the ball. 

I said it last week and I could have said it after Kilmarnock and I could have said it after Hamilton. Sides don't need to play well against us to get a result. They can all, and they do, come with the same game plan because you can predict exactly what we'll do. 

He needs to stop being so stubborn or pack his bags, because you don't need a crystal ball to know how this is going.