****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We didn't even play that well today. First half was misplaced passed and no bite up top while second half we missed a sitter and scored a pen...we conceded 2 goals though.

Folk are talking about it like we were knocking it about creating chances galore, it's absolute nonsense 

Exactly, we had an ok first half against a shite Aberdeen side, and a second half that was up for grabs.  Which they took advantage of, not us.  It was completely average from both teams today and we lost.  I can't believe some people are saying this was the performance of our season.  First of all I don't believe that for a second and even if it was true, having that as our best performance yet is depressing.  People would much rather concentrate on the ref making one mistake all game (which we can do fuck all about) rather than the myriad of problems we can do stuff about like missing all our chances.  Possession doesn't win games, it was the same crap with County.  Although I bought the "unlucky" excuse in that game, it's the last time I'm doing so - ever.

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye we can because we got fucking beat,again doh

Since when was putting in a good performance more important than 3 points?

Lying to yourself mate performance was good Waggy missing a sitter and the ref cost us 3 points. Call a spade a spade ffs those 2 things cost us 3points nothing more or less

4 minutes ago, gazzaa2 said:

We're an  average team at this level, that's the reality.

It was a good team in Division One but Hearts walked it the year before with a young team.

The summer signings were mostly players for that level rather than the top league. Celtic have signed quality in Dembele, Toure and Sinclair who could hold their in the English Premier. We signed players like Hill fit for the knackers yard or average Championship players which is what Garner and Waghorn were at best.

Aberdeen have been a solid top 3 team in the top league for a few years under Mcinnes. We're not better than them.

That's a good point about Hearts and they also came up and done well in the PL last year without spending anything near what we have on wages and transfer fees.

what gets me though is the fact that we don't press teams anymore, we seem to have no energy in the engine room this season and we look so poor for it. Even into injury time today we were playing tippy tappy pointless passes. The ball should be launched with seconds to go in the hope you get a flick on or a corner, there's no sense in keeping possession waiting for the full time whistle.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Wasn't a foul but it is the correct result. Better team won. Warburton needs to make the changes, the Rangers fans that traveled to watch that pish deserves their money back. Waghorn isn't a Rangers football player. Wallace might be the 1st choice left back but never a captain. There isn't much wrong but it needs rectified. 

Away and don't talk fucking shite! The correct result!! bet you're a fucking arab sympathiser!

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

what cost us today in your opinion.?

Our inability to put the ball into the back of the net during open play & conceding stupid goals. Again. It's becoming the norm, so whether we had more possession matters not a jot. We lost. 

2 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Away and don't talk fucking shite! The correct result!! bet you're a fucking arab sympathiser!

1. Who looked most likely to score when they attacked. 

2. Who defended more convincingly?

Blaming a referee's mistake for losing that game is straight from the Ceptic rule book, Lennon himself would be proud of that answer. 

Rangers AGAIN didn't take their chances, that deserves any team to lose the game. 

The first goal was unforgivable. 

I'm sick of this possession shite! What's the point of having the ball and passing between your defenders and midfield endlessly if it has no end product. i.e. A goal.

I saw Kranjar coming on and just before he did, he was sat with DW flipping through sheets of paper, I assume with play options on them.

We're in danger of analyising this game out of exsistance andd it's getting us no where.

MW is a one trick pony and I'm very worried if he has any real ideas on how to get us out of this mess and start playing football.

What was it that Shankly said again?

Something like the great thing about football is it's a simple game.

40 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It matters not a fuck if you thought we were the better side or not because we still conceded two goals, got beat yet again against a challenging team and now sit 7th in a Mickey Mouse league.

Its an utter embarrassment and has been for months now, stop deluding yourselves ffs. 

We are a very poor side in terms of the top flight and our management team are also out of their depth at this level too. It's staring you straight in the face but instead it's head in the sand stuff. 

Wake up

Unfortunately this is how I see it and if MW does not get a grip he will be away by Christmas. I take no pleasure in saying that because he seems a nice bloke and speaks well, but this is about winning football games and since April time we have been poor most of the time apart from that semi-final.  

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

Really bad decision by the ref. MW is raging and who can blame him, We were by far the better team overall and an injustice was done.

It might get a bit messy in Aberdeen today, 

The sheep  were fucking crap today we should have won that game, just canny get ma head around all these missed chances.waghorn got a hatrick against qos by playing as central striker so why play him somewhere else,moh for me is far better on the right mckay on left but it was vice versa when moh came on.never a freekick for 2nd goal, and a stupid long ball at start of second half.so hard to take.

32 minutes ago, ben51 said:

So we haven't been losing games due to conceding stupid goals? Despite dominating the ball. 

Well obviously we have. What I was saying was that our overall performance today was much better than it has been. Warburton knows that he needs a quality centrehalf, that's why he spent all summer chasing them. 

Ok, here we go

Midfield let us down with barely any movement, not coming back to take the ball off defence

When Halliday did come back he was as slow as a week in the jail to get the ball out and look for a pass

Tav was absolutely woeful, lost the ball god knows how many times, put our team under unnecessary pressure and lost any momentum we could have gained

Barrie McKay is lost, he is nowhere near his best and needs dropped

Waghorn, that Miss was fucking criminal, offered nothing today and like most of the team the first touch and pass was dreadful 

Wallace couldn't get forward because he was getting the ball from defence after the midfield were on existent, so no chance of overlapping, and when he did rarely get forward bar the penalty his crosses were shite

Forrester, slow, bad decision making, dreadful

Pass marks to Garner (just), Hill and Wilson and Holt but that's not saying much 

Warburton doesn't know how to change it except like for like, MoH was shite, Miller at least tried and thought Kranjcar did well

All in all, a shite performance and beat by a shite team

2 shite teams on that park today

On 24 September 2016 at 1:22 AM, BlueThunder said:

Okey dokey. 

Look forward to hearing your opinions after the match.

Sorry, I have nothing!  So deflated and trying not to post a totally negative reaction!  I just don't know where some respite is going to come from.  

2 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I'm sick of this possession shite! What's the point of having the ball and passing between your defenders and midfield endlessly if it has no end product. i.e. A goal.

I saw Kranjar coming on and just before he did, he was sat with DW flipping through sheets of paper, I assume with play options on them.

We're in danger of analyising this game out of exsistance andd it's getting us no where.

MW is a one trick pony and I'm very worried if he has any real ideas on how to get us out of this mess and start playing football.

What was it that Shankly said again?

Something like the great thing about football is it's a simple game.

Yes we are over coached and have no spontaneity. I've said this many times. Look at the way we get up the park then cut it back rather than commit. It's a fear of losing the ball trying something that isn't from the manual. We are playing the percentages all the time knstead of taking the game by the balls and hammering down the door.