Hodson

G.E.C.

Agree he should keep his place. Looks a solid player. We don't lose the attacking threat without Wallace and Hodson looks decent defending. 

He will be replaced and won't be seen again until we play another cup game against a lower level of opposition unfortunately

Many plaudits for today. Is out for a while then slots competently straight back in. Looks a solid, dependable player.

I'd say he looks better defensively than Wallace but not as good going forward generally (although Wallace has been pretty ordinary at that as well recently).

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He's a good player and the type of squad player we missed last year but to say he's better than Wallace is a stretch. I know Lee is not flavour of the month with most but he will improve soon. Perhaps Joey was bullying his captaincy and his performances slipped?

Perhaps Joey started conflict in the Middle East? Perhaps he instigated the Holocaust? Perhaps it was Joey that killed the dinosaurs?

Defensively for the game on Sunday I'd play hodson, Wallace just doesn't look great defensively, even going forward whatever him and McKay had hasn't clicked this year so can't see much of an argument for him other than he's club captain, which even still based on his performances shouldn't merit a start 

Knew this thread was coming the minute I seen his name on the team-sheet tonight. Not a dig at you GEC, if it wasn't you then someone else would.

Need to remember who we were playing. I'd bet my life if Wallace was playing tonight he'd have had a solid game and people would be saying he's back to his best and Hodson wouldn't get a mention.

Hodson has done well, I'm not knocking him but it's really reactionary.

Wallace even though he's not been great this season is still our best left-back by absolutely miles and his experience at a venue like Pittodrie will be priceless.

Most players we've used has looked good in games we've won against lower league teams this season.

Wallace has sacrificed everything for us and our cause. While I don't believe there's room at our club for constant sentiment at the expense of our football teams results Wallace deserves a bit more loyalty and gametime to get his form back rather than everyone on here falling over themselves to include Hodson because he and us played well against Queen Of The South at Ibrox.

22 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Knew this thread was coming the minute I seen his name on the team-sheet tonight. Not a dig at you GEC, if it wasn't you then someone else would.

Need to remember who we were playing. I'd bet my life if Wallace was playing tonight he'd have had a solid game and people would be saying he's back to his best and Hodson wouldn't get a mention.

Hodson has done well, I'm not knocking him but it's really reactionary.

Wallace even though he's not been great this season is still our best left-back by absolutely miles and his experience at a venue like Pittodrie will be priceless.

Most players we've used has looked good in games we've won against lower league teams this season.

Wallace has sacrificed everything for us and our cause. While I don't believe there's room at our club for constant sentiment at the expense of our football teams results Wallace deserves a bit more loyalty and gametime to get his form back rather than everyone on here falling over themselves to include Hodson because he and us played well against Queen Of The South at Ibrox.

There's people talking about giving the captaincy permanently to Halliday as well

Wallace needs to improve like everyone else but he definitely doesn't deserve to be turned on so easily

54 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Hodson looks solid. Doesn't really know what to do when he gets forward which is why when he cut inside and nearly scored I was in shock :lol:

Aye, wtf was that about? :lol: I honestly thought he was playing in midfield until the old man pointed out he was a defender