Crooks

Rambo1872

22 minutes ago, BEE said:

That was Crooks? It looked like we'd just picked some massive random guy out the crowd, because he didn't know what the fuck he was meant to be doing for the majority of the time!

Viewed it the same...

Actually thought he looked lost when he came on.

Far too early for any sort of judgement though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, M0NTY said:

Was impressed by Crooks tonight when he came on. Looks like he can drive forward and will hopefully get more time on the pitch from here on in. His height will benefit us as well in certain situations. I was impressed tonight with the performance but i'm keeping a level head and respecting the fact that QOS werent that good a side tonight and the weekend opposition will be alot tougher. Glad to be back to winning matches with multiple goals to inject a bit of confidence and fitness back in. The first 30 minutes were horrible and the formation came undone but we got there in the end after they accepted defeat. 

How did the rest of you guys (and ladies) think about Crooks 20 minutes?

I'd like to see him play more. Imho. I think the more game time he gets, the better he will get.

2 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Viewed it the same...

Actually thought he looked lost when he came on.

Far too early for any sort of judgement though.

Definitely, has to get used to the team and will hopefully be a valuable addition. The reviews I heard from the U20s game he played in were frightening, but same situation.

25 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

You talk some amount of shite the majority of the time

22 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Fuck off :lol:

Come on to fuck surely you don't disagree? :lol: Surprised he didn't get whiplash the way his head was snapping about trying to figure out where he was meant to be standing the first ten minutes!

7 minutes ago, BEE said:

Come on to fuck surely you don't disagree? :lol: Surprised he didn't get whiplash the way his head was snapping about trying to figure out where he was meant to be standing the first ten minutes!

The guy has never played a game with the first team. He did show some nice touches, good passes, good control etc.. 

Just now, johanhentze said:

The guy has never played a game with the first team. He did show some nice touches, good passes, good control etc.. 

Yeah totally agree said that in post just before, he was rated higher than Windass in that Sky Sports end of season poll so hopefully he's a player - think it will take a while longer for him to find his feet though.

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Yeah totally agree said that in post just before, he was rated higher than Windass in that Sky Sports end of season poll so hopefully he's a player - think it will take a while longer for him to find his feet though.

Of course it will.. just dont jump on his back straight away and think about the circumstance - he needs minutes. Its clear to see that there is a player in there as he showed glimpses of it.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Of course it will.. just dont jump on his back straight away and think about the circumstance - he needs minutes. Its clear to see that there is a player in there as he showed glimpses of it.

Looks like he could give some piggy back though.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

He never really did much except run into the corner when he didn't need to and give the ball away.

lets give him more time before blowing our load over him. (tu) 

Ach gee the boy a break :lol: it was his only error when he came on 

Point taken on not judging so soon, but he looks like he might be a player for us with a bit of dig, skill and surprising pace for a big chap (tu)

I know it's early doors, but this lad is like Yaya Toure and Xabi Alonso rolled into one, we have a serious player on our hands here. Should be the first name on the teamsheet no matter what. :pipe:

1 hour ago, BEE said:

Definitely, has to get used to the team and will hopefully be a valuable addition. The reviews I heard from the U20s game he played in were frightening, but same situation.

He's been out for months recovering from an ankle operation,How can you judge someone on their first game who hasn't played for months who most have never seen him play,Waghorn was miles off the pace against the unwashed and that was him being out for just a few weeks,Imagine how far behind Crooks will be.

He got game time in a proper competitive game and didn't do a lot wrong in the 18mins he was on the pitch and is another option to look at. 

1 minute ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

He's been out for months recovering from an ankle operation,How can you judge someone on their first game who hasn't played for months who most have never seen him play,Waghorn was miles off the pace against the unwashed and that was him being out for just a few weeks,Imagine how far behind Crooks will be.

He got game time in a proper competitive game and didn't do a lot wrong in the 18mins he was on the pitch and is another option to look at. 

DId you read what you quoted or are you mentally challenged?

I agreed with everything in post.

8 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Why didn't you ask the op how he could judge him?

2 hours ago, BEE said:

DId you read what you quoted or are you mentally challenged?

I agreed with everything in post.

You claimed that you were told reviews of him which were frightening but failed to tell us all what they were.

If you're referring to the Rangers v St Mirren under 20's game.. I was there and apart from being a bit rusty he never put a foot wrong in an hour on the pitch,Most people around me were of similar opinion.

Am i mentally challenged ? Most normal people with even the lowest of intelligence would have simply said " Did you read what i posted "  So perhaps you should be asking yourself the question.  

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

He never really did much except run into the corner when he didn't need to and give the ball away.

Are you really advising people not to overreact?

Amazing :lol:

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

Yes, only because nobody made any space or runs for him to pass to. Christ, annoys me when folk can't see that.