Wilson

borderbear

Tonight Wilson looked like the player he was meant to become back in 2010. Solid, composed with a top class range of passing. When he's alongside Kiernan he tends to sit and Kiernan takes that more advanced role, then I don't think we get the most out of him in terms of his distribution and coming forward and being physical attacking the ball. His problem has always been keeping a consistent level, and that's the test for him now he's found a bit of form. Same again required Sunday.

Hill to give him credit has looked OK as well and until he makes a mistake I think the manager will stick with that pairing, but over the course of the season I can see Senderos taking his place once he's got some match sharpness. 

Aye it was only QOS but still the last two games have restored a bit of my confidence in our back 4.

here's me thinking that he got booked, for impeding a forward who ran at him, and was about to disappear by him. The main issue we have with our centre defence is the lack of pace. They were subjected to pace once, last night, and the 1st division player was about to waltz by. 

1 hour ago, thehost said:

here's me thinking that he got booked, for impeding a forward who ran at him, and was about to disappear by him. The main issue we have with our centre defence is the lack of pace. They were subjected to pace once, last night, and the 1st division player was about to waltz by. 

There was fuck all he could do about that foul, the guy literally ran into Wilson. Danny didn't deliberately obstruct him at all.

Clean sheets build confidence, long may it continue.

As mentioned previous, Wilson looks better on the right hand side, he tackles on the inside with his stronger foot, instead of trying to manufacture a left foot tackle, when it should be a right foot one.

The little details make the difference.  

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

There was fuck all he could do about that foul, the guy literally ran into Wilson. Danny didn't deliberately obstruct him at all.

if "danny" hadn't got in the way the guy was aay to score "danny" is fucking slower than me and im in my 50's. "danny" is too slow to be a centre back unless is accompanied by a speedy centre half. "danny" has players around him who are equally as slow". that's why "danny" and his mates ship goals.

1 minute ago, thehost said:

if "danny" hadn't got in the way the guy was aay to score "danny" is fucking slower than me and im in my 50's. "danny" is too slow to be a centre back unless is accompanied by a speedy centre half. "danny" has players around him who are equally as slow". that's why "danny" and his mates ship goals.

Is there a problem with calling him his first name? Do you do the same when people say Wes, or Clint, or Joey, or Josh? 

12 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Is there a problem with calling him his first name? Do you do the same when people say Wes, or Clint, or Joey, or Josh? 

The main problem is the dewy-eyed nonsense contained in your post. He fucking knew what he was doing, if he hadn't done it he would have been scalped. He did the right thing did "danny", but only because he knows of his severe limitations. Which was what my op as concentrating on.

18 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

What game were you all watching? 

Wilson had a typically shambolic first hour, then grew into the game as we started getting more and more of the ball and thus he had to do less and less defending.

Yep that's how I seen it .

On the match thread ,a few were saying ,he was having a mare .

When it all boils down to it . He just won't be good enough in bigger games .No matter how many try to convince themselves  otherwise .

Hope his form improves big time

Wilson played well and usually does when he doesn't have to worry about covering for Kiernan for 90 minutes. Hill may be getting on and struggling for pace but he's good in the air and has enough experience to take up good positions in order to compensate. A bit like Weir himself. Playing with an experienced Centre Half may also benefit Wilson in that it will take the responsibility of covering for his normal car crash defensive partner. 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yep that's how I seen it .

On the match thread ,a few were saying ,he was having a mare .

When it all boils down to it . He just won't be good enough in bigger games .No matter how many try to convince themselves  otherwise .

Hope his form improves big time

I think Wilson is fine, not good, but. It terrible. Partner him with anyone but Kiernan and you've a decent player in there. 

I think eventually we'll see Wilson and Senderos as the starting pairing, but Hill is doing enough to keep the jersey at the moment. 

He did well in that he got that early booking and managed to be assured enough not to get a second yellow. That is about as much praise as I can give him.

We need 4 solid CBS the current incumbents just aren't good enough for us to mount a serious title challenge (especially Kiernan).