Forrester

LegendofCoop

I actually think a yellow was the correct call in terms of the rules. It's clear he's not going for the player and making a genuine attempt to get the ball but catches the player late. For me it was reckless, which is a booking in the rules. If it's a genuine attempt it's not excessive and therefore not a red. Saying that there are a couple of angles look worse and I can see why a lot would say red.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I actually think a yellow was the correct call in terms of the rules. It's clear he's not going for the player and making a genuine attempt to get the ball but catches the player late. For me it was reckless, which is a booking in the rules. If it's a genuine attempt it's not excessive and therefore not a red. Saying that there are a couple of angles look worse and I can see why a lot would say red.

It was a red and he was lucky to get away with it. Howard Webb said it was a red too so there. :P

Grey area between the two. Either could be given. Seen much worse done to us and occasionally a yellow given. I wouldn't expect a red given if one of ours was tackled like this but that's cos we're getting used to others getting away with it. The day our players are given proper protection, I will be surprised.