The Semi Final Draw **Rangers vs Taigs**

Gaz52

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Take whoever we get. We need to get confidence and swagger back and that doesn't come by hoping we get the easy teams. We're not at our best but there are small signs of improvement. A win this weekend will only speed up the recovery.

Hoping we get the easiest teams helps us get through the cup and that's the main thing

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Hoping we get the easiest teams helps us get through the cup and that's the main thing

That's like hoping your opponents get a man sent off so you can win.....understand that results are crucial but we should be winning games because we are good enough. The team has it in them just taking a while to change gear.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

That's like hoping your opponents get a man sent off so you can win.....understand that results are crucial but we should be winning games because we are good enough. The team has it in them just taking a while to change gear.

Don't see how it's the same at all that's something that happens during a game for one. I agree that we need to deal with what we get ultimately but what's wrong with hoping for the easiest draw before its done? Are you saying we should be hoping to draw a tougher team? 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Don't see how it's the same at all that's something that happens during a game for one. I agree that we need to deal with what we get ultimately but what's wrong with hoping for the easiest draw before its done? Are you saying we should be hoping to draw a tougher team? 

Not at all, I'm saying what you said earlier we need to deal with who we are drawn against whether it's Morton or them so for me there's not much point in hoping for a weaker team. If others want to hope for Morton and be disappointed if we draw them then that's there prerogative.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Not at all, I'm saying what you said earlier we need to deal with who we are drawn against whether it's Morton or them so for me there's not much point in hoping for a weaker team. If others want to hope for Morton and be disappointed if we draw them then that's there prerogative.

Drawing them isn't what I'm hoping for I'll easily admit that, but if it happens then I'll look forward to it and hope that our team can progress before that time comes 

Just now, simplythebest said:

Drawing them isn't what I'm hoping for I'll easily admit that, but if it happens then I'll look forward to it and hope that our team can progress before that time comes 

That's what I'm trying to get at, we can beat any of the 4 potential teams if we are on our game. Revenge is a pretty good motivator and incentive especially for those that took the result to heart.

As Ali once said “I'm a fighter. I believe in the eye-for-an-eye business. I'm no cheek turner. I got no respect for a man who won't hit back. You kill my dog, you better hide your cat.”

Please be the Taigs.

No fear and smash the cunts.

If we draw them it could be the boot up the arse we need, beat them and secure a place in the final will boost the confidence high, could be vital in the league with them coming to Ibrox next. 

Also, a lot of surrender monkeys in this thread! Fear no one! 

Morton, obv. Theres a lot to come from our team, we dipped after new year when we were settling players, no surprise we've not hit form yet, imo theres potential in that team,, a lot of players still to find their feet, fitness or form, the Gaffer still a lot to learn about his players, who he can rely on and what attributes they bring.

By November i think we'll be a different proposition than we were at paralice recently. they'll have been rag dolled by Barca the Wednesday before the final, so any one but them in the semis and then hopefully we'll be ready for them for the final.

We beat them in a semi last year and didn't turn up in the final, would be far better to beat them in a final.