The Semi Final Draw **Rangers vs Taigs**

Gaz52

Just now, fanaticCR said:

I'm in no way runnin scared of them, if we have to play them so bet it.

Cannot understand people posting "we have nothing to fear" :lol::lol:

We got pumped 5-1 literally 2 weeks ago.

I'm in line with this. It's the reality of the situation.

I expected Dembele and Sinclair to be our biggest threats before that game and my concerns were justified. Add Griffiths to that and it's even more challenging. 

On the other hand, being honest, a draw at home to Ross County and a second-half demolition of a part-time team on Tuesday don't reassure me.

Halliday and Holt, if fit, must start. That's essential.

How do we overturn the psychological advantage they have over us? Well, I remember 2011 when Lennon's Celtic were getting the better of us, beat us 2-0 at Ibrox, pumped us 3-0 at Piggery and beat us in the Scottish Cup replay.

They had the edge over us big time. Then the League Cup final came in March, the least confident I've ever felt before an Old Firm I think, everyone had us beat. Big Davie Weir apparently gave a hero's team-talk in the dressing room and we went out and done it. 

The season they beat us 6-2, the next Old Firm we pumped them 5-1, things change quickly, the cracks are starting to appear with the tims 

59 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Since 1986/87 (for league cup)

86/87, beat them 2-1 (Final)

90/91, beat them 2-1 (Final)

93/94, beat them 1-0 (Semi-Final)

00/01, got beat 1-3 (Semi-Final)

01/02, Beat them 2-1 (Semi-final)

02/03, beat them 2-1 (Final)

04/05, beat them 2-1 (QF)

05/06, got beat 0-2 (QF)

08/09, got beat 0-2 (Final)

10/11, beat them 2-1 (Final)

14/15, got beat 0-2 (Semi Final)

So that's 7 wins to 4 loses. 

Better get some links up, especially since it means we'll be at Gods Palace since we were drawn first. 

Your missing the last one and if you just count the Hampdump ones ,I'm certain it's more impressive 

Phoned ibrox got a guy on the phone, told him my opinion on the allocations and how is it fair that guys signing up to CCCS now and not at the start of the season and going to 7.45 kick offs mid week have the same chance as people signing up now. After we have put our cards on the table from the renewal stage, i suggested that after they get an allocation amount he said it was likely to be 21k , take off hospitality, corporate etc, he said there will be a ballot. I asked him how does that work then for the guys who signed from the start, does the first 20k to sign up gaurentee a ticketm he said no. But they said it should be weighted in favour of the people who have been to the last 4 matches already. 

Told him next time hes asked about customer feedback to tell them the fans want the allocation system sorted so it is fair and in favour of bears who sign up the quickest at the start of the season. 

I'll be pissed aff if i dont get one!

2 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Phoned ibrox got a guy on the phone, told him my opinion on the allocations and how is it fair that guys signing up to CCCS now and not at the start of the season and going to 7.45 kick offs mid week have the same chance as people signing up now. After we have put our cards on the table from the renewal stage, i suggested that after they get an allocation amount he said it was likely to be 21k , take off hospitality, corporate etc, he said there will be a ballot. I asked him how does that work then for the guys who signed from the start, does the first 20k to sign up gaurentee a ticketm he said no. But they said it should be weighted in favour of the people who have been to the last 4 matches already. 

Told him next time hes asked about customer feedback to tell them the fans want the allocation system sorted so it is fair and in favour of bears who sign up the quickest at the start of the season. 

I'll be pissed aff if i dont get one!

Calling up at 9am on a Friday slurring your words probably didn't help.

33 minutes ago, euanRFC said:

That's interesting. So we might be playing at Ibrox. This quote from Derek McInnes, would back that somewhat. He seems to think they are going to Cappielow............"It'll be interesting playing against them. Hopefully we will go there in form, hopefully we can keep this killer instinct and winning mentality we have discovered going."

I'll take that back. This is from the official site.............."In games played at neutral venues in the League Cup, the clubs have played 21 times, with the Gers winning 13 times and losing 8 times, scoring 31 goals and conceding 33."