Get Wrapped Up In Rangers!

The Moonlighter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:31 PM, thehost said:

you got authority to use that crest?

Agree with you tbh. I'm happy buying unofficial stuff if produced by Bears and a decent wedge of the cash is going directly towards a sound Rangers cause. If it's just merchandisers making a quick buck it leaves a bad taste even if the item is pucker. So, if the OP can confirm, then I'm definitely up for a couple!!

1 hour ago, thehost said:

you must have missed my question

The crest differs slightly from the official club crest? The op states at in the post that the money raised goes to keeping the founders trail running? Haven't made it on the tour yet but everyone on here raves about it so its a good cause is it not? 

2 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

The crest differs slightly from the official club crest? The op states at in the post that the money raised goes to keeping the founders trail running? Haven't made it on the tour yet but everyone on here raves about it so its a good cause is it not? 

Why can he not just state that then? Instead of blatantly ignoring the question.

2 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

I'm not an IPR expert but I doubt the "differs slightly" would hold up anywhere. It's not a trick question have they got authority or have they not.

Founders trail is the best thing I've been on in a long time. Guys that run it are fantastic. 

Remember when we used to think we were founded in 1873 and now it's 1872 that's down to them. 

Who the fuck are people to ask about crest permission etc. 

Have you ever bought scarf outside Ibrox?  The same people that sell their scarfs at the big jock knew camp.

I bought one of these scarfs at the family day at Ibrox and the quality is superb.

Thanks to all the guys that make the founders trail happen. Keep up the good work 

5 minutes ago, thehost said:

I'm not an IPR expert but I doubt the "differs slightly" would hold up anywhere. It's not a trick question have they got authority or have they not.

I would really like to buy one but my principles will not allow me to take the step. The Club's name and our crest are our most important intellectual property right.  I feel it's our duty to protect and preserve the history and heritage of it. 

On 22/09/2016 at 2:31 PM, thehost said:

you got authority to use that crest?

If they don't already, I'm sure they will by Monday. :P

The Club supports the (Award-winning) Founders' Trail, so I can't see them having any issue with it.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club/congratulations-founders-trail/

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club/2016-founders-trail-dates-released/

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club/additional-founders-trail-date/

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club/founders-trail-roadshow/

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club/rangers-graves-project-sandy-marshall/

Just now, govanblue said:

They will have no issue answering my question then, will they.

Its a sad state of affairs when you get rounded on for asking a simple, civil, question.

7 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Founders trail is the best thing I've been on in a long time. Guys that run it are fantastic. 

Remember when we used to think we were founded in 1873 and now it's 1872 that's down to them. 

Who the fuck are people to ask about crest permission etc. 

Have you ever bought scarf outside Ibrox?  The same people that sell their scarfs at the big jock knew camp.

I bought one of these scarfs at the family day at Ibrox and the quality is superb.

Thanks to all the guys that make the founders trail happen. Keep up the good work 

No ones knocking the Founders Trail guys they do an excellent job. For me it's principle, to protect and preserve the history and heritage. I think the club would give approval if not already.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

No ones knocking the Founders Trail guys they do an excellent job. For me it's principle, to protect and preserve the history and heritage. I think the club would give approval if not already.

Isn that what this group is doing?

13 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Nobody's rounding on you.  You're the one on the offensive.

Asking a question to someone who comes on to "sell their wares" is hardly being "on the offensive". Apologies that I am interested enough to seek clarity regarding the utilisation of club IPR.

To be honest I quite fancy one but I will be fucked if I am buying it if it hasn't been officially authorised.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

They are, but I want to buy items that have club approval, that's the only way The club's name and our crest can be protected and preserved for generations to come.

Your argument makes no sense.  I would be interested to know how you envisage sales of the Founder's Trail scarves leading to the demise of our Club name and Crest.

Particularly since unofficial merchandise has been rampant throughout society since long before I was born, and yet the club's name and crest are both still here.

How long do you reckon we have left?

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F