Who would you drop?

westenclosure2008

Assuming that Windass is fit for Sunday and Halliday plays the deeper role. I'm pretty confident Warburton will go with Miller, McKay and Waghorn as the front 3. So who would you play on Sunday out of Holt, Windass and Forrester for the 2 forward midfielders?

I think all 3 have looked our most effective players in the games they have played. I'd prob go for Holt and Windass as they have a bit more energy. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Windass Halliday Holt

Forrester Waghorn Mckay

I'd agree with that but I think Kenny coming on for the last 15 mins against QOS suggests he will play. Otherwise would have been the perfect opportunity to give Dodoo or Garner some more game time and chance of a goal.

Windass Holt Halliday

Forrester Waghorn Miller

No brainer for me.

I know Miller's legs are gone and he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's a big game player with the type of experience we need at Pittodrie and if we can get a decent first 45 minutes or even an hour out of him and can introduce Garner, MOH or McKay to freshen things up around that 60 minute mark for an impact then that's a good way to go in my eyes.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Windass Holt Halliday

Forrester Waghorn Miller

No brainer for me.

I know Miller's legs are gone and he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's a big game player and if we can get a decent first 45 minutes or even an hour out of him and can introduce Garner, MOH or McKay to freshen things up around that 60 minute mark for an impact then that's a good way to go in my eyes.

I'd go with that too but think McKay will start.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Windass Holt Halliday

Forrester Waghorn Miller

No brainer for me.

I know Miller's legs are gone and he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's a big game player with the type of experience we need at Pittodrie and if we can get a decent first 45 minutes or even an hour out of him and can introduce Garner, MOH or McKay to freshen things up around that 60 minute mark for an impact then that's a good way to go in my eyes.

(tu)

I agree, some of the players haven't played against them before and the game will more than likely be a physical one. Miller's experience is needed.

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

We need to play Waghorn through the middle which means Garner would drop out for McKay but other than that I agree.

I think this is a match made for Garner. McKay has been unconvincing so far. Maybe him and Forrester coming on later to change the pace of the game.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I think this is a match made for Garner. McKay has been unconvincing so far. Maybe him and Forrester coming on later to change the pace of the game.

It's a big game for us and I haven't seen anything yet from Garner that would make me put him in the team. I think we need to go for tried and trusted with Waghorn through the middle. When you think about his goalscoring record it would be crazy not to play Waghorn through the middle on Sunday. It's his best position in my opinion and is just off the back of a hat trick.

4 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

O'Halloran deserves a start after Tuesday's performance imo.

Holt Halliday Windass 

O'Halloran Waghorn Forrester 

I didn't think O'Halloran was great on Tuesday. He did get another assist though but can be frustrating at times. I don't think Warburton rates his all round game though. 

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

It's a big game for us and I haven't seen anything yet from Garner that would make me put him in the team. I think we need to go for tried and trusted with Waghorn through the middle. When you think about his goalscoring record it would be crazy not to play Waghorn through the middle on Sunday. It's his best position in my opinion and is just off the back of a hat trick.

Waghorn could easily come in when he likes. He may well start on the right, but he would be coming inside. I think we will need a physical presence. I do take your point though, and you're possibly right.

25 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

O'Halloran deserves a start after Tuesday's performance imo.

Holt Halliday Windass 

O'Halloran Waghorn Forrester 

O'Hallaron is due a few goals for his efforts, my favourite player of the season so far. He just gets on with it, setting up chances and is starting to look dangerous.

18 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'd have Garner in the team.  We've just spent a lot of money on him and he wont get better by sitting on the bench.  The lad needs games. 

Would love to see Crooks getting some game time at the weekend too.

Garner.JPG

Just because we've spent money on him doesn't mean he should start. Sunday is a big game for us and I don't think we can afford to play him. He hasn't shown enough up until now to deserve a start.

2 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I'm sure I heard Warburton say he was taken out of the game against QOS as a precaution and should be ok for Sunday. I may be wrong.

Spot on with what you heard, also same reason why Holt was replaced at half time, purely has a precaution.

Midfield for me I think will be Windass, Holt and Halliday, up top I think MW will go with McKay, Miller and Waghorn though I would prefer Waghorn, Garner and Forrester.

Garner to bully their defence a bit and then later replace Garner and Forrester with McKay and Miller and depending on the fitness of Holt and Windass replacing one of them with MoH.