If Garner doesn't start on Sunday ...

Clarkyyy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would start Garner at the back alongside Wilson on Sunday. He's exactly the type of commanding, no nonsense type of player who isn't scared to get in about it. Can see that being MWs preferred central defensive partnership...

:wink:

5 hours ago, Clarkyyy said:

Major questions should be asked as to why we've spunked 1.8million on a substitute striker whos sitting on the bench for our second toughest away game of the season. Surely the gaffer should have been spending that on at least 1 if not 2 chs .. only posting as seeing lots of the threads on here showing folk would rather waghorn and in some cases even miller in before him.

Personally i'd have him start every game possible as he seems to be a more clinical finisher than them & chances could well be at a premium. 

I'd start whoever was in form. I wouldn't just start a guy because he's our 'big money' signing, that would be the most naive bit of management, if Warburton felt he had to start him regardless of his form or others form.

Waggy can play in any of the roles in the front 3, not sure Garner can, but I'd much rather have Waghorn central at the minute, especially on the back of a hat trick.

He's not a bad sub when you look at last year when Nicky Clarke was the option.

5 hours ago, Clarkyyy said:

Major questions should be asked as to why we've spunked 1.8million on a substitute striker whos sitting on the bench for our second toughest away game of the season. Surely the gaffer should have been spending that on at least 1 if not 2 chs .. only posting as seeing lots of the threads on here showing folk would rather waghorn and in some cases even miller in before him.

Personally i'd have him start every game possible as he seems to be a more clinical finisher than them & chances could well be at a premium. 

You could have at least waited till Sunday, then your op may not be hypothetical. 

5 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Not sure about garners role tbh, he looks like a player who demands good supply which would mean moh would need to play, it doesn't look like moh will feature much in the starting 11 which leaves garner at a loose end for me.

He's a striker mate.

to be fair to him the two matches he's started have been celtic and ross county. We created heehaw but he managed a goal against them with his only chance. Against county he didnt get a sniff of the ball. The first good ball in was just after he went off and MoH hit the bar. He needs a run of games before people start judging him. Im sure if he gets chances he'll score. I also think Waggy can score goals anywhere in the front line so can easily play both. Once we're playing well which we did on tues then the goals will come. 

5 minutes ago, Blondie7 said:

to be fair to him the two matches he's started have been celtic and ross county. We created heehaw but he managed a goal against them with his only chance. Against county he didnt get a sniff of the ball. The first good ball in was just after he went off and MoH hit the bar. He needs a run of games before people start judging him. Im sure if he gets chances he'll score. I also think Waggy can score goals anywhere in the front line so can easily play both. Once we're playing well which we did on tues then the goals will come. 

A run of games with players either side of him that create chances.

I get the feeling that with us playing a 4-3-3 and Pittodrie being such a tight pitch, we'll have no option but to get players and balls in to the box. It could work out well for us on Sunday, I'm definitely not fearing the cunts

Ive said it on another thread. Id like to see Garner and Waghorn upfront in a 4-4-2. 

Its not going to happen though as Warbos stuck in his ways. But i feel thats the way to take it to the sheep.

In the midfield 4, he can play Holt, Halliday, Krancjar, and Forrester in a diamond.

2 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Yes. We should slate him and call him a waste of money because he doesn't start one game. Great idea.

Im not slagging him at all mate im saying wev bought the penalty box poacher wev all been crying out for to score us 30 goals a season n wer not gonna play to suit gettin crosses etc into the box for him .. i already stated id play him every game possible 

There's nothing wrong having competition and good cover, we all know Waghorn seems a bit injury prone and we can't keep relying on Miller when he's coming up to 37

But our budget was obviously limited and a huge chunk of it was spent on Garner while we scraped around free transfers to strengthen the defence so it's understandable why questions could be asked

Personally, I think Waghorn has to start, but that's neither here or there.

What frustrates me about having Garner is that boy is clearly a centre forward, so why can Warburton not tweak the system so that he doesn't wander out to the left or right touchline leaving nobody in the box? Keep him central!

4 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He's a striker mate.

I'm well aware he is a striker but from what I've seen of him he is dependent on service, so if garner plays its pointless putting Miller or waghorn on the right as they won't offer the same amount of supply that moh can offer.

It's too early to write him off.

He needs a run of games and most of all needs some service. Neither of which he's had.

But I'd be lying if I didn't think we spent too much money on him. Was a ridiculous transfer IMO considering what little money we did get to spend we needed 2 top drawer center half's. Can't get my head around it.

That's not a slur on Garner - just the circumstances.