If Garner doesn't start on Sunday ...

Clarkyyy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Garner cost £1.3m more than MOH.  Garner represents a significant investment for us.  I'm certain the manager wouldn't have spent that money if he wasn't convinced Garner could improve us. 

I'm not convinced at all whether Garner or the Manager have it at this level.

6 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Same, but in my opinion it's too early to judge both. How long would you say is a reasonable time to give Warburton?

If he hasn't got us competitive by January i'd bin him, he's let go on with that shite defence when everyone can see it woeful and he's failed to bring any of our youth on at all.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

If he hasn't got us competitive by January i'd bin him, he's let go on with that shite defence when everyone can see it woeful and he's failed to bring any of our youth on at all.

You see, I'd want to give him longer simply because I think he's underestimated the league and this is the first time he's been in this league. I'd give him the January window to try and rectify the situation and bring in some quality. I know it's more difficult in January but it's still an opportunity.

If by the end of the season we're not close to where we need to be I'd say its time to get rid.

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'd give him the January window to try and rectify the situation and bring in some quality. I know it's more difficult in January but it's still an opportunity.

How will he be able to rectify it with little to no money to spend?

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How will he be able to rectify it with little to no money to spend?

If that is the case, then it's pointless getting a new man in. But if he's not honest about how little budget he's been given then its going to be his ass that goes.

56 minutes ago, Smile said:

Have you watched our youth teams, is there anyone there you think he should have brought in (apart from McKay and Hardie (maybe) who he's already given a chance to disproving your statement).

its alright shouting about bringing in our youth, but do we have young players of the required standard, and if the manager does take a punt on them, are our fans willing to change their ways and give them the time and understanding to establish themselves.  Quite honestly it's laughable to shout about MW or any manager bringing in youth when you are already talking of binning him after all of 6 games.

14 hours ago, Smile said:

Two big tests before January.

Four if you include today & away to Hertz.

We'll see what he & his recruits are made of by then.

Needs 2 wins out of the first three, for me.

On 9/23/2016 at 3:09 AM, Clarkyyy said:

Major questions should be asked as to why we've spunked 1.8million on a substitute striker whos sitting on the bench for our second toughest away game of the season. Surely the gaffer should have been spending that on at least 1 if not 2 chs .. only posting as seeing lots of the threads on here showing folk would rather waghorn and in some cases even miller in before him.

Personally i'd have him start every game possible as he seems to be a more clinical finisher than them & chances could well be at a premium. 

Couldn't lace Kenny Miller's boots.

He's all agro and not enough football. Some of his diving and rolling about is embarassing. He needs to channel his obvious talent into goals and start playing for the club. I like him but he needs a kick up the baws and get his act in gear. Difficult I know after a kick up the baws.