If Garner doesn't start on Sunday ...

Clarkyyy

Major questions should be asked as to why we've spunked 1.8million on a substitute striker whos sitting on the bench for our second toughest away game of the season. Surely the gaffer should have been spending that on at least 1 if not 2 chs .. only posting as seeing lots of the threads on here showing folk would rather waghorn and in some cases even miller in before him.

Personally i'd have him start every game possible as he seems to be a more clinical finisher than them & chances could well be at a premium. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Maybe they are breaking him in gently?

Maybe he is a little short on fitness and sharpness?

Considering the money we spent on him, I would be expecting him to start.

Surely having played games before he came hes match sharp ? .. from the bits iv seen of him we'd need to play 2 actual wingers rather than interchanging inside forwards to supply him with chances.

I really like the look of the boy and think he's a really capable CF. Only my opinion but if we could get the same service to him that the wide men provided on Tuesday I reckon he'd score barrelloads. 

That said I like the player in possession of a jersey and doing well to retain it and Waggy did well with his goals.

A good problem to have.

5 minutes ago, Clarkyyy said:

Surely having played games before he came hes match sharp ? .. from the bits iv seen of him we'd need to play 2 actual wingers rather than interchanging inside forwards to supply him with chances.

No one forced MW to sign him, he must be in his plans, and he must know how he'd fit into the system.

Personally I'd drop Miller and play Garner through the middle.

Argh ffs no way a new player should be taking time to settle at a new club , he should be getting atleast 2 goals a game , and who gives a fuck if waggy just scored a hat trick we should be picking the team by what we paid for players fuck all that who is in form shite 

To be fair he was our most expensive purchase so I'm hoping he'll come good but will trust MW to know when that time is.

Plus if he was starting the last few games and playing pish then folk would be complaining that he's only playing because of his price tag.

Cannae win :p20:

4 hours ago, True Azure said:

Maybe it's something to do with how well he shows in training?

Hear this all the time, how some one plays in training should be irrelevant, have heard managers say it all the time as well and then on matchdays the player is poor.

Its how someone performs on the pitch that matters and I have to say Garner looks like he needs game time as he is struggling with our style. Loads of energy and throws himself about but we cant afford any passengers so I doubt he will start this one.

4 hours ago, Clarkyyy said:

Major questions should be asked as to why we've spunked 1.8million on a substitute striker whos sitting on the bench for our second toughest away game of the season. Surely the gaffer should have been spending that on at least 1 if not 2 chs .. only posting as seeing lots of the threads on here showing folk would rather waghorn and in some cases even miller in before him.

Personally i'd have him start every game possible as he seems to be a more clinical finisher than them & chances could well be at a premium. 

I would say the gaffer should have spent that on the defence instead of midfield or attack

Waghorn scored a  hattrick fair doos miller scored 4 against linfield aswell.. still miss plenty more than he scores id say .. my point is if we use waggy as our cf n we think hes clinical enough why do we have 1m+ on the bench n wilson and hill at ch .. its no a waggy bashing thread its a surely the money coulda been better spemt if wer not gonna set up to suit the guys game