Club Statement

one55

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, minstral said:

The board should have done what Liverpool did to the Sun. They have nothing to do with them, and fans do not buy the Sun, our board should have come out and told our fans not to buy the Rebel. But the problem is that our board want to be friends with everyone, and will keep kissing the arses of all the people who are trying  to harm our club.

We have to start playing hardball with these bastards ... the truth is the record is dying on its feet so we are in a position of strength to take them on. Why are we still determined to be mr nice guy with people who think absolutely nothing of trying to blacked our good name every chance they get

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

Its relevant in football a number of players have been banned sine die over the years. You should know the last professional player in Britain to have suffered the punishment.

You do realise that this could mean one game, one month or any other time scale, don't you?

2 hours ago, OhW said:

A lot of people use sine die on here. It gets overused because they think it makes them look smart. Unless you're actually in court it's better to just say 'indefinitely'. 

Bet Wullie Woodburn wishes he had been banned 'indefinitely' as there mighta been a chance he coulda played again,instead of a sine die ban :rolleyes: 

Not sure what to think about it. An apology seems a bit empty and achieves little, but it's hard to get a meaningful resolution from such a situation.

Perhaps a rule that if we don't get the same coverage for an apology or retraction that we did for the falsehood story, then we don't deal with that outlet? You want to print a front page story which is false, you can print a front page retraction too or we won't be giving you a second of access to our staff.

40 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

You do realise that this could mean one game, one month or any other time scale, don't you?

I'm more than familiar with the way the term is applied in football.:)

Are you sure you are? Its rare that sine die is applied outside amateur football and, in those circumstances, it never means one month or one game. 

55 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I'm more than familiar with the way the term is applied in football.:)

Are you sure you are? Its rare that sine die is applied outside amateur football and, in those circumstances, it never means one month or one game. 

As it means without date, you can ask/apply for the suspension to be lifted at any time. Any other meaning ascribed to the phrase is misuse, usually by people trying to appear more intelligent than they are.

7 hours ago, one55 said:

Great to hear and definitely a step forward. But I think this apology should be PRINTED. An entire back page article apologising to the club and fans, and admitting their wrong doing is the only way to add any substance to this. The whole of Scotland needs to see it, not just the Rangers fans. 

Seriously folks, I'd urge everyone with a twitter account to take to the Daily Rhecord and voice our disgust at this pitiful 'apology'. Could you imagine if it was the filth, they'd be breaking the internet in their putrid stench soaked hordes until something more acceptable is done. Yet I search Twitter and find only a view Gers fans/groups voicing their protest. It's no wonder they do it again and again, we make it so easy for them. Time to speak loudly and be heard.

7 hours ago, minstral said:

The board should have done what Liverpool did to the Sun. They have nothing to do with them, and fans do not buy the Sun, our board should have come out and told our fans not to buy the Rebel. But the problem is that our board want to be friends with everyone, and will keep kissing the arses of all the people who are trying  to harm our club.

Great idea, sadly would not work.  I reckon we have too many fans for whom th DR is like a drug and they must get their daily fix.  Sad but true.  Must have clicked on their site about twice or three times this year.  It's like a cross between the Beano and a social media portal.  It contains ridiculous links and has no news content, not even newsworthy.  Fans need to stop buying print copy and giving them hits.

For those needing a daily fix, I'm sure we can setup a 12 step program to wean you off the rag.

Club needs to withdraw all press passes and cooperation.

31 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Don't have one (I would only make a cunt of myself) but believe lambasting them for all to see will certainly do no harm. 

Absolutely, they should be shamed for the nonesense they print to try and harm our club - and make no mistake, there is no other reason that story was printed than to do just that. And they make a direct and silent apology to the Rangers board and that's it? All is forgiven? Playful knuckle on the chin then on your way you wee rascal. If this is our response then the bottom line is it will continue to happen. Same with that Gerry Braiden of the Herald who falsely vilified our club claiming that Barton was being a victim of religious discrimination. It's fucking disgusting and the only way we stop it is to ensure the media outlets responsible make a mense which is equal to the henousness of the spiteful shite they publish. 

If they want to harm our club and the only punishment is a quick letter to the board saying "Ah yeah, sorry about that." And we accept it, then why would they stop? It's like stealing a Porsche and only having to give the fag lighter back. 

4 hours ago, KirkBroadband said:

Aye there's a few moaning rnastards on here..... I'm brand new pal away to the South of France next wednesday for a week so all good..dunno about soft lad like no spoke to him in over a year. Still working at Bifab as far as i know...How's yerself?

doing well bud.   on the hunt for a new job lol.  have fun In france bud.

I don't see much gain from 'whining' at the DR to print an apology, I'd go back to the IPSO and get them to demand a printed apology is forth coming as well as making a very strong statement about the 'professionalism' of the so called journalism who wrote the lies.

That I feel would highlight our displeasure more than moaning about what we all know, the DR is a cavern of bigots.

PS, anyone needing their daily fix of the DR, or any paper, just get along to the library for 10 minutes, that should be long enough to read any of the shite they print about us.