Big DJ vs Sutton

WadeWilson

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Just seen some quotes and the transcript and there's something Sutton was right about - DJ never told the truth about his mate McCoist. Nobody did apart from wee Wullie Henderson and there was a rumour of Hateley behind the scenes at Ibrox saying change was needed to which Ally spat the dummy.

Sutton is a wanker and I'm pleased Derek gave as good as he got in reply to him but I'm actually glad Sutton mentioned McCoist to him. If that makes me a tarrier so be it :lol:

That's what I said as well he was pretty much spot on with what he said. Obviously he's a total scumbag and took it to far but hard to disagree with a lot he said.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I do understand that but not once did he even say something constructive and tasteful along the lines of "Ally is my mate, so I'm not going to bad mouth him but IMO his time is up, it's not worked out" ... if McCoist wanted to spit the dummy at that then fuck him. That's just me.

Instead the crap he said was "support the team/Rangers legend/he's doing his best" ... none of that's helpful.

He's in a difficult position , and tbh I don't think he had to explain the circumstances ,we all knew them .  I don't think any of his teammates criticised him either - McCall , Hateley etc

It wasn't helpful , but , I think , understandable . 

Just now, Deanofwright said:

That's what I said as well he was pretty much spot on with what he said. Obviously he's a total scumbag and took it to far but hard to disagree with a lot he said.

Exactly. It's the same with The Record, Sun, BBC Scotland - no-one hates BBC Scotland and the Record more than me but when they do get something right people don't listen because they hate who's saying it.

Arseholes ... even the biggest ones like Sutton and the Scottish Media do sometimes get it right too - it doesn't make them any less scummy, just right (on that occassion)

32 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Radio Clyde has been a fucking toilet for about 10 years,I hope big DJ tells them to ram their job.

Spot on. 

Don't think there's another Rangers man on it. Leave it , and let them be known for what they are , in case there was any doubt - a tarrier radio station for the tarriers . 

Listening to this now... 

Sutton just launched into an attack on DJ for no apparent reason... DJ had not mentioned one word during the whole Sutton interview until Sutton started taking shots at him...

Big DJ didnt hold back... he basically said everything we all think.

Sutton was reduced to sarcastically saying there was ticket to his next Q&A for DJ if he wanted it. DJ just said "I hope it goes well for you, but I wont be anywhere here it".

Sutton was basically backed into sarcastic school playground shit.... the mans a fucking disgrace. 

Loved the bit when DJ said "Im absolutely disgusted with myself that im talking to you tonight"

Sutton may have a point about DJ's defence of Ally's management of Rangers but I wonder how much criticism the likes of  Lennon,O'Neil and Lambert would receive from Sutton?

Pretty much all ex players tend to back their old team mates and the point Sutton makes about DJ could be levelled at pretty much any ex player in the media.

3 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Sutton may have a point about DJ's defence of Ally's management of Rangers but I wonder how much criticism the likes of  Lennon,O'Neil and Lambert would receive from Sutton?

Pretty much all ex players tend to back their old team mates and the point Sutton makes about DJ could be levelled at pretty much any ex player in the media.

I was thinking about that... DJ was never ever harsh on Ally. I have no idea if they backed Whyte or Green as Sutton accused him as, and i aint going through 5 years of podcasts to find out, but Sutton had a point there. The problem is he was making the point to have a dig. DJ defended Ally to the hilt, but that was probably due to their friendship. I can imagine it would be hard to go on radio and slag a guy you are very close too regardless of the integrity of journalism.

At one point DJ was defending Delia!!! Not his management but the treatment he received from Sutton. Crazy

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Think I've established that I wasn't being literal with the hammer and fire stuff,

You're username alone makes you sound like some sort of lone crusader,

Sitting about on the Internet and moaning? you really don't know a thing about me and as I've posted before I understand that there’s a propaganda war to be won, I just don't come online looking to have my belly scratched while my tail wags like a good wee dog,

Most of the posters who disagree with you get the same I'm doing something are you reply, whine away my friend whine away 

So i'm a lone crusader now.. There are plenty doing what i do and your sarcastic response tells me more about you than it does me.

I don't know a thing about you ? Ditto but you can look and see what i'm doing but all you do is try and be sarcastic to people who try to make a difference while you sit on your arse cheeks doing the grand sum of well...Nothing

The club and support get attacked left right and centre and all you can do is try and put down those who are doing something,.

I asked you already when are you going to use this aggression you say is the answer to the media detractors,Can you give us an idea or are you all talk.

I don't put down anyone who tries to defend our club, you attacked my methods of defence so I came back with my view, but you turned it into something personal, you think I sit back and accept our detractors having a go? as I said you have no idea what organisations i am involved with or what I do to support our cause, so you keep sending you're emails and letters m8 if that's what you thinks best, but you seem very focused on starting and ending discussions with our own, I get the feeling we will never agree, I'm two lines away from just telling you to fuck off but then  again maybe as you are I'm all  talk 

To those saying "he's right though". I don't give a fuck. Sutton is a no mark cunt and a total irrelevance in our history. Yes DJ can be a bit of a walloper at times, but he is still a Rangers legend and twice the player Sutton ever was. That lanky streak of pish isn't fit to lace the boots of any of our legendary players, and considering some of the shite he has came out with over the years, isn't fit to pass comment on our club either. Fuck him.

38 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

So i'm a lone crusader now.. There are plenty doing what i do and your sarcastic response tells me more about you than it does me.

I don't know a thing about you ? Ditto but you can look and see what i'm doing but all you do is try and be sarcastic to people who try to make a difference while you sit on your arse cheeks doing the grand sum of well...Nothing

The club and support get attacked left right and centre and all you can do is try and put down those who are doing something,.

I asked you already when are you going to use this aggression you say is the answer to the media detractors,Can you give us an idea or are you all talk.

In my haste to reply I forgot to quote you, please see above 

For fuck sake one and all, this has, has nothing to do with DJ's elegances.

It was a premeditated bushwhack (SSB) that went spectacularly wrong and for me, welldone to Derek as he stood up for himself against those pricks (they made it personal).

Mutton will always be remembered as a bankrupt and average professional footballer (in that order).

Derek Johnston on the other hand will always be remembered within the Rangers family and world football:

Only sixteen and became a legend on that day, Celtic in the Scottish League Cup Final of 1970–71 and went on:

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1971-72

Scottish League First Division/Premier Division: 1974–75, 1975–76, 1977–78

Scottish Cup: 1972–73, 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1980–81

Scottish League Cup: 1970–71, 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1981–82

Individual:

SPFA Players' Player of the Year: 1977-78

SFWA Footballer of the Year: 1977-78

Scottish Football Hall of Fame: Inductee 2008

He may no longer fit with the views of some have on here, but know our history as he has added to the foundations of why we're so strong, show the man the respect he deserves.       

7 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

For fuck sake one and all, this has, has nothing to do with DJ's elegances.

It was a premeditated bushwhack (SSB) that went spectacularly wrong and for me, welldone to Derek as he stood up for himself against those pricks (they made it personal).

Mutton will always be remembered as a bankrupt and average professional footballer (in that order).

Derek Johnston on the other hand will always be remembered within the Rangers family and world football:

Only sixteen and became a legend on that day, Celtic in the Scottish League Cup Final of 1970–71 and went on:

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1971-72

Scottish League First Division/Premier Division: 1974–75, 1975–76, 1977–78

Scottish Cup: 1972–73, 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1980–81

Scottish League Cup: 1970–71, 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1981–82

Individual:

SPFA Players' Player of the Year: 1977-78

SFWA Footballer of the Year: 1977-78

Scottish Football Hall of Fame: Inductee 2008

He may no longer fit with the views of some have on here, but know our history as he has added to the foundations of why we're so strong, show the man the respect he deserves.       

No-one person has desputed his Rangers honours or his footballing ability.

Even the people that said some of what Sutton said is true (myself included) has also said good on him for sticking up for himself and giving Sutton it back.

Again good on DJ for sticking it to Sutton who is one horrible bastard but if I'm being honest I much prefer honesty (even from someone I despise like Sutton) than the "tell you what you want to hear no matter what in support of the club" style of DJ. Sorry, but I do.

In fact I very rarely listen to Radio Clyde because of DJ because, if it's not him talking pish about Rangers then it's others absolutely slating us. It's a no-win.

How did the argument start though? Was Sutton just asked his opinion on DJ?

Sutton thinks he is something now some high up controversial journalist.

No you're a lanky streak of piss who's went bankrupt.

Dereks an employee of Clyde and no matter what you think his opinions are there is no way an employer should have put him in that position.

Fair play to him for giving as good as he got