Big DJ vs Sutton

WadeWilson

I've only just got round to listening to it, and being honest I really don't see how Sutton "slaughters" him (as some are making out). From what I heard, Sutton came on to personally attack Johnstone and say he doesn't tell the truth just because he doesn't share his opinion on a lot of things. What a cunt. I'm glad DJ stood up for himself and didn't go in to meltdown, as Sutton does every time he's on BT Sport.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big DJ's a retired football player and, long time, radio pundit from an era where respect for fellow professionals was/is (to him, and others of a similar vintage) paramount. In the current climate of long knives and backstabbing people like DJ are perceived as weak appeasers, whereas the likes of sutton get a pat on the back for being 'honest'...even when their narrative is laden with vitriol, negativity, bias, and, therefore, badly lacking in decency or integrity! I know some Bears have an issue with DJ over his support for McCoist but they are friends! Who amongst us would not support our friends? It could also be levelled against him that he backed whyte and then big haunds but, then again, so did a lot of us, in the misplaced, desperate hope that our Club was going to prosper again! Fundamentally, big DJ's a hellufa decent fellow...ok, so he's not as intellectually astute and sleekit as he really needs to be to keep on top of the fly fuckers on rc radio, but he, at least, attempted to stand his ground against, what undoubtedly was, a public mugging...not only by that scumbag sutton, but by his 'co'-presenters!! At one point, late on in the spat, when DJ was retorting back to sutton's pish, gherry intervened and asked for things "not to get too personal".....too late gherry, you should have aimed that at sutton at the very beginning of his personal attack on DJ, you fucking dummkopf!! Big DJ's one of us...thank fuck because we don't have enough in the msm in Scotland...we should be thankful he's there! Ok, we'd all like a stronger, more unforgiving voice but I know who I'd rather have in the trenches with me...big DJ, a TRUE Rangers legend, or that vile reprobate sutton? No fucking contest!! Gaun yersel big man!!

7 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

How did the argument start though? Was Sutton just asked his opinion on DJ?

Sutton thinks he is something now some high up controversial journalist.

No you're a lanky streak of piss who's went bankrupt.

Dereks an employee of Clyde and no matter what you think his opinions are, there is no way an employer should have put him in that position.

Fair play to him for giving as good as he got

(tu)

Well done DJ, this is how we speak to these cunts, Sutton keeps up his shite then the club should be requesting he does not do the commentary on our games, if he crosses the line again inform  BT that he's banned from Ibrox.

This is what has happed over the years with that lot in the media and it has gone mostly  unanswered .

This is how any Rangers man speaks to Sutton or other Rangers haters expecially live on radio where they can't edit it .

Well done DJ you held your own, and as you said you have never needed securiy guards like that big mouth shite bag Sutton 

Chris Sutton went on there to publicly humiliate and worst of all personally attack Derek Johnstone. Where's this super loyalty of the uber staunch for one of their own? That scumbag has went on and personally went for one of our all time greats and you're letting it slide because of his opinion on McCoist? Can Sutton go for Walter Smith's throat too then? No wonder this support can never unite under one banner (cue some knuckle dragging "handwringer" insult coming my way).

The Bankrupt Bastard made me angry but I'm even more enraged at how short some people's memories are. I refuse to listen to that rabble on Clyde and yes there are times when I disagree with Johnstone, or wish he'd speak his mind more. However, one thing that has never crossed my mind is questioning his loyalty or thinking that I wouldn't fight his corner should a horrible bastard from the grey and white take liberties with him.

Here he is, only 16 years old, scoring against those vermin. I could list his honours but really if you don't know what this man has done to cement his legacy in Rangers Football Club's illustrious history then you shouldn't dare be criticising him. Now more than ever you'd think people wouldn't be throwing markers of division down the support of who's the better fan, certainly not ahead of one of our very best.

IMG_4373.JPG

33 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No-one person has desputed his Rangers honours or his footballing ability.

Even the people that said some of what Sutton said is true (myself included) has also said good on him for sticking up for himself and giving Sutton it back.

Again good on DJ for sticking it to Sutton who is one horrible bastard but if I'm being honest I much prefer honesty (even from someone I despise like Sutton) than the "tell you what you want to hear no matter what in support of the club" style of DJ. Sorry, but I do.

In fact I very rarely listen to Radio Clyde because of DJ because, if it's not him talking pish about Rangers then it's others absolutely slating us. It's a no-win.

Have to disagree regarding 'No-one person has disputed his Rangers honours or his footballing ability', as the constant character assassination of this Rangers Legend only goes to show that most posting probably are unaware of what he has given to our club on and off the field and what he has added to our clubs history.

Can't agree regarding Mutton, he is a MSM attack dog (believe if you like), the mans a prick. 

Principle

To ensure that broadcasters avoid unjust or unfair treatment of individuals or organisations in programmes.

Rule

7.1 Broadcasters must avoid unjust or unfair treatment of individuals or organisations in programmes.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/broadcast-codes/broadcast-code/fairness/

1 minute ago, Carling1873 said:

Have to disagree regarding 'No-one person has disputed his Rangers honours or his footballing ability', as the constant character assassination of this Rangers Legend only goes to show that most posting probably are unaware of what he has given to our club on and off the field and what has added to our clubs history.

Can't agree regarding Mutton, he is a MSM attack dog (believe if you like), the mans a prick. 

Fair enough can agree to disagree no bother (tu)

Sutton will never be even half the man DJ is. 

When my uncle was a teenager, he got knocked over by a bus and had to get one of his legs amputated, there was an interview with him in one of the papers whilst he was still in hospital and they asked his favourite team; Rangers. Favourite player; Derek Johnstone. 

The day after the interview went out who shows up at the hospital with a Rangers top signed by all the players at that time and the management too? Of course, DJ. My auntie still has the top and paper that it was in, sadly my uncles no longer with us. 

It shows you he has been a gent since he was a young man. 

Sutton will be lucky to last another few weeks in his job 

3 hours ago, The Penman said:

Lke it or not DJ got gubbed on this one. Not a Sutton fan but you have to admire his honesty and consistency. He calls it out on both sides and his criticism of Celtic can be pretty damning at times. Yet to hear DJ criticise the Gers....

You obviously never listened to DJ on RTV's commentary.   Although, he never outright criticized his friend McCoist, he was at times very critical of the way the team was playing, e.g., he was very critical of the way corners were taken, mentioning how we often didn't get the ball passed the first defender.   Also DJ is a Dundee United fan like his family and has never pretended otherwise.

There is a market in the UK for ignorant, agenda driven, talentless bastards willing to say whatever it takes to draw the £.  It's an national embarrassment that is the case but there you go it's reality. Mentioned above is Katie Hopkins, that pond life cunt is a perfect example and the comparison with Chris Sutton is spot on- as hard as it is, its best left ignored.  If you have to, pray for it...........................to hit black ice.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Chris Sutton went on there to publicly humiliate and worst of all personally attack Derek Johnstone. Where's this super loyalty of the uber staunch for one of their own? That scumbag has went on and personally went for one of our all time greats and you're letting it slide because of his opinion on McCoist? Can Sutton go for Walter Smith's throat too then? No wonder this support can never unite under one banner (cue some knuckle dragging "handwringer" insult coming my way).

The Bankrupt Bastard made me angry but I'm even more enraged at how short some people's memories are. I refuse to listen to that rabble on Clyde and yes there are times when I disagree with Johnstone, or wish he'd speak his mind more. However, one thing that has never crossed my mind is questioning his loyalty or thinking that I wouldn't fight his corner should a horrible bastard from the grey and white take liberties with him.

Here he is, only 16 years old, scoring against those vermin. I could list his honours but really if you don't know what this man has done to cement his legacy in Rangers Football Club's illustrious history then you shouldn't dare be criticising him. Now more than ever you'd think people wouldn't be throwing markers of division down the support of who's the better fan, certainly not ahead of one of our very best.

IMG_4373.JPG

Spot on

Crazy mind set amongst our own at times mate.  Ive seen guys this week have to explain themselves for taking on tarriers and haters that continuously attack our club.  Apologies, I digress but its bewildering at times where our own is coming from. 

If ever anyone wants to provide an example of the effectiveness of "Divide and Conquer' they can point towards us as a support over the last few years.....and don't get me wrong, rightly we will never agree on everything but ffs some seem to have taken up a role to challenge what is unchallengeable. Why?......I'm honestly not sure.

2 hours ago, GrizzlyBear72 said:

Big DJ's a retired football player and, long time, radio pundit from an era where respect for fellow professionals was/is (to him, and others of a similar vintage) paramount. In the current climate of long knives and backstabbing people like DJ are perceived as weak appeasers, whereas the likes of sutton get a pat on the back for being 'honest'...even when their narrative is laden with vitriol, negativity, bias, and, therefore, badly lacking in decency or integrity! I know some Bears have an issue with DJ over his support for McCoist but they are friends! Who amongst us would not support our friends? It could also be levelled against him that he backed whyte and then big haunds but, then again, so did a lot of us, in the misplaced, desperate hope that our Club was going to prosper again! Fundamentally, big DJ's a hellufa decent fellow...ok, so he's not as intellectually astute and sleekit as he really needs to be to keep on top of the fly fuckers on rc radio, but he, at least, attempted to stand his ground against, what undoubtedly was, a public mugging...not only by that scumbag sutton, but by his 'co'-presenters!! At one point, late on in the spat, when DJ was retorting back to sutton's pish, gherry intervened and asked for things "not to get too personal".....too late gherry, you should have aimed that at sutton at the very beginning of his personal attack on DJ, you fucking dummkopf!! Big DJ's one of us...thank fuck because we don't have enough in the msm in Scotland...we should be thankful he's there! Ok, we'd all like a stronger, more unforgiving voice but I know who I'd rather have in the trenches with me...big DJ, a TRUE Rangers legend, or that vile reprobate sutton? No fucking contest!! Gaun yersel big man!!

You're right of course .

I've never known until recent times where one professional criticised another . Go back to 60's , 70,s 80's it never happened . DJ is a product of that era , unfortunately greed , or more importantly , trying to be an icon of your old club is now the order of the day .

Objectivity is out the window , and so is your integrity. 

3 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Before sutton started off on DJ he mentioned that DJ said something about him last Wednesday, does anyone know what it was DJ said about him? just curious to know what it was that gave that cunt the excuse to to start the argument.

I think he pointed out thst sutton basically tries to be as negative and as controversial as possible to get attention

If dj had any self respect he would fuck off from that rat infested station 

Sutton came on and Hugh and the other cunt more or less let him go on the verbal towards DJ, Hugh butted in with some irrelevant shite towards the end about legal parameters or some pish  , astonishing from a guy who usually gets his knickers in a twist over anyone who dares to call up and criticise the media and their shite . Twenty odd years they have worked together and not one of them on that show where prepared to back him up or at least Inform Sutton early on that their is no need for this to get so personal