Big DJ vs Sutton

WadeWilson

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Ironic that people are saying DJ doesn't speak up for us yet the whole point of Sutton slating him is because he's apparently a Rangers cheerleader.

Depends on your definition of a Rangers cheerleader. My definition of a Rangers cheerleader probably is someone like DJ but a cheerleader and a defender (of the club) are two totally different things. He does one really well and the other .. well he just doesn't.

Keevins probably defends Rangers more than DJ does .. and that's saying something. His reasons for it are insincere, though, it's because he's had all sorts of bans from Parkhead and the fans there hate him too.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Depends on your definition of a Rangers cheerleader. My definition of a Rangers cheerleader probably is someone like DJ but a cheerleader and a defender (of the club) are two totally different things. He does one really well and the other .. well he just doesn't.

Fair point.

Regardless of differing opinions of DJ, I think the whole thing was a disgrace from start to finish. DJ was set up to be torn apart with personal insults and it was allowed to happen purely because the person doing it is, rightly or wrongly, pretty high profile at the moment.

Any average person calling in to speak to someone like that wouldn't get beyond their first sentence and I think it's disgusting that it was allowed to go on as long as it did. Even more disgusting that the papers seem to be reporting it as a perfectly acceptable debate. Not seen anyone condemning it whatsoever.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Fair point.

Regardless of differing opinions of DJ, I think the whole thing was a disgrace from start to finish. DJ was set up to be torn apart with personal insults and it was allowed to happen purely because the person doing it is, rightly or wrongly, pretty high profile at the moment.

Any average person calling in to speak to someone like that wouldn't get beyond their first sentence and I think it's disgusting that it was allowed to go on as long as it did. Even more disgusting that the papers seem to be reporting it as a perfectly acceptable debate. Not seen anyone condemning it whatsoever.

Yeah I do agree there mate. If I was DJ I'd be considering my future on that cesspit of a station. They allowed Sutton to come on and start first when callers get cut off for a lot less. In order to create a spectacle they allowed DJ to be insulted (rightly or wrongly and regardless of anyones opinion on him)

1 hour ago, bluedylan said:

If DJ had have been smart enough he just had to mention that classless cunt Suttons miserable record at Lincoln. To be the second worst manager in Lincoln Citys history says it all. DJ has had 25 years of broadcasting experience he should not allow himself to be ambushed,did he not know Sutton was on the show?

Maybe if he wasn't shite at Thistle he might have mentioned that.

If Sutton is desperate for a regular income he's got to do something to raise his profile so he is considered for any media jobs that are up for grabs.

He seems to have gone down the route of being the guy your average bitter tarrier can identify with, there are probably plenty who see him as the man giving a voice to how they see a lot of issues.

I've read every post in this thread as I'm very interested in the future of media and broadcasting in this country. It was a long journey and peppered with all the usual personal arguments between ourselves.

I'm not DJ's biggest fan when it comes to his ability to defend Rangers and I'd say he was certainly giving that cunt Shitton a hard time, for no other reason than he deserves it. Great player for Rangers, but why he's still working for that biased, papist mouthpiece of a radio station, I'm puzzeled.

I can't account for everything that's been said on this thread, but near the beginning someone suggested that Shitton was a bit respected down south. Sorry to tell you but that's not quite true.

I tend to listen to a lot of Radio 5, despite the amount of ex-septic apologists on it, but they don't really talk much about Rangers, with the exception of Shitton.

a lot of times I don't listen attentively to the shite on there, but Shitton was on a few day or weeks ago and he was actually bleating on about his 'style' (or lack of it!) and even though it was radio you could almost hear the nodding heads and sarcastic smiles as he spoke about nothing but himself and what he thought.

As I said, I wasn't really listening to it attentively, but I got the distinct impression they all thought he spoke shite, which I agreed with.

Let's hope he's found out and sacked, but then again, broadcast media in this country is just full of shock jocks and he might end up with a long and fruitful career.

Oh fuck!

I get the impression that everyone on the show was caught completely unawares by the suddenness and vitriol of the attack on DJ. Typically these kind of ex footballer calls are all friendly banter and all pals together.

This was not Suttons intent and I have never heard someone use one of these calls to launch that type of attack out of nowhere. You can only get away with that once though and everybody else will now know what to expect and be prepared in a way DJ obviously wasn't. The shock factor will wear off as people realise what a clown Sutton is.

The silence from the others in the studio done them no favours in a professional capacity. I can't believe they would be happy with what transpired as it was loutish, amateurish and unprofessional.

Where's their Campaign for Decency went? Or is that just reserved for Joe public?

DJ handled himself well and he got the point out that Sutton is a complete arsehole of a man in the way he tries to talk down other colleagues. Why Scottish football is hindered by this wankers opinion is beyond me. The other arsehole collymore career didn't last long and this twats career will hopefully soon go the same way. 

The papers headlines are also complete nonsense regarding this, giving a false perspective on it. Sutton again was made to look an arrogant, incompetent, insignificant complete aresehole of a human being. Well done Derek Johnstone. 

51 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

DJ should have shown him what a European winners medal looks like :pipe:

Absolutely mate - he's a fucking rodent - no respect at all, which is typical of these immigrant cunts that he's spent too much time hanging about with.  And if I recall, DJ was around 18 at the time of his European medal.

12 hours ago, gmcf said:

You're right of course .

I've never known until recent times where one professional criticised another . Go back to 60's , 70,s 80's it never happened . DJ is a product of that era , unfortunately greed , or more importantly , trying to be an icon of your old club is now the order of the day .

Objectivity is out the window , and so is your integrity. 

Bang on mate. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that sutton's completely different when he's dealing with the English media and is on his best behaviour. Think that just goes to prove he's playing to the gallery up here...a gallery of like minded tarrier fuckwits! He recognises that he can get away with attacking everything Rangers because, not only is it fashionable to do so, it's actively encouraged! He knows he's among friends when he's giving it large and can act with impunity! He's always banging on about "the truth" and how he's the very one to put it out there. Well, here's some fucking truth for sutton...he's nothing but a cowardly bastard and he couldn't even lace big DJ's boots!!

42 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I get the impression that everyone on the show was caught completely unawares by the suddenness and vitriol of the attack on DJ. Typically these kind of ex footballer calls are all friendly banter and all pals together.

This was not Suttons intent and I have never heard someone use one of these calls to launch that type of attack out of nowhere. You can only get away with that once though and everybody else will now know what to expect and be prepared in a way DJ obviously wasn't. The shock factor will wear off as people realise what a clown Sutton is.

The silence from the others in the studio done them no favours in a professional capacity. I can't believe they would be happy with what transpired as it was loutish, amateurish and unprofessional.

Where's their Campaign for Decency went? Or is that just reserved for Joe public?

I couldn't help feeling that if sutton had launched a similar attack on his timmy mate keevins McCulloch would have waded in but because it was DJ then it was allowed to continue.

DJ told a little anecdote last week about Coop in the pittodrie dressing room after a defeat and the way McCulloch completely blanked it spoke volumes about him. Jock Wallace went round the whole team after the game and asked them all individually why they thought we had lost and the first 10 all basically said I thought I had a decent game. Now Coop being last said well if it's not them then it must have been me and according to DJ the whole mood lightened because of his dry humour. Now you just wouldn't believe how quickly McCulloch went onto the next caller rather than give anymore time to a positive story about Rangers he couldn't even acknowledge an insight into one of the legendary figures of our game 

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

This was not Suttons intent and I have never heard someone use one of these calls to launch that type of attack out of nowhere.

ONLY IN THE TWISTED, BIASED, WARPED, FUCKED UP environment of SCOTTISH FOOTBALL could this talent-free rent-a-gub be given a platform to launch such a calculated, unprovoked and personal attack.